Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Just in case it comes in handy, make sure to share this with any of your friends you may be worried about

https://www.samaritans.org/?nation=ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Hello Samaratins I've made too much money today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Hello Samaratins I've made too much money today

Realised gains. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

https://twitter.com/whale_alert

Guess the exchange where all the activity is happening on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Back to 11000 euros and rising (the dip was more or less from 12000 to 11000).

Question is: are the sales over or are there more discounts to come?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/whale_alert

Guess the exchange where all the activity is happening on?

Crazy figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Crazy figures

4076 BTC transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet. Crikey. I'd be happy if my wallet was worth 4076, nevermind that many 12k a pop coins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

4076 BTC transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet. Crikey. I'd be happy if my wallet was worth 4076, nevermind that many 12k a pop coins.

Has someone sold 4076 bitcoins at 12k a pop. That’s like 48m. Suppose the lucky fecker prob bought them for a dollar lol.

Out of interest what was the lowest price of bitcoin. ??

adam88 wrote: »
    Has someone sold 4076 bitcoins at 12k a pop. That’s like 48m. Suppose the lucky fecker prob bought them for a dollar lol.

Out of interest what was the lowest price of bitcoin. ??

0.003 usd March 2010

Interesting Wikipedia article

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin

Just came across this

“In March 2010, user "SmokeTooMuch" auctioned 10,000 BTC for $50 (cumulatively), but no buyer was found”. Imagine buying that for the craic and forgetting about it, then nine years later remembering you bought it while stoned and now your worth 120 million I’d gladly give Leo and paschal their 36 odd million in cgt.

I’m just hoping one day I’ll be early to the table in terms of something that’s going to balloon

• Advertisement

Just came across this

“In March 2010, user "SmokeTooMuch" auctioned 10,000 BTC for $50 (cumulatively), but no buyer was found”. Imagine buying that for the craic and forgetting about it, then nine years later remembering you bought it while stoned and now your worth 120 million I’d gladly give Leo and paschal their 36 odd million in cgt.

I’m just hoping one day I’ll be early to the table in terms of something that’s going to balloon

Not trading advice...

But bitcoin will likely hit $100,000 at some stage, potentially $1,000,000 very long-term.

I think you are still early to the table here compared to all other investment classes.

Not trading advice...

But bitcoin will likely hit $100,000 at some stage, potentially $1,000,000 very long-term.

I think you are still early to the table here compared to all other investment classes.

Timescale. Could I retire a millionaire. I bought in at about 2650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Just came across this

Reminds me of the Pizza story in 2010
    On May 18th 2010 Laszlo Hanyecz made known he was willing to buy 2 pizzas for a price of 10,000 Bitcoins. At the time this was worth $41. Four days later, May 22nd, the transaction took place. This date has become known as Bitcoin Pizza Day.

Anyway, looks like its already recovering from the $2000 drop. It was like the whole month of December 2017 happened in a few hours there

ricimaki wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Pizza story in 2010

Anyway, looks like its already recovering from the $2000 drop. It was like the whole month of December 2017 happened in a few hours there

Ah yeah poor Lazlo, at peak that was worth 200 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭rapul

Here we go again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Id say ATH in 4 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Just came across this

Why on Earth would you do that when you could just go on an extended holiday to countries with no CGT and then live in better countries than Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm enjoying the rise el diablo. I bought a small amount when it was 3900. To be honest I was planning on buying some coke on the dark Web for a trip to Portugal in August. I was locked at the time and kind of forgot about it then.

Anyway. Will be selling up soon as my research has shown that this bubble has been created mostly by fake tethers being printed. Not real money coming in.

Yeah, fake tether printing is still a huge problem that needs to be sorted.
    JJJJNR wrote: »
    Id say ATH in 4 days.

Or we could go down to $9,000 or lower. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Any truth to the opinions in these screenshots.
    Peter Brandt saying that Coinbase shut down their site to take advantage of customers and one poster suggesting Collusion between Coinbase and Bitfinex because bitfinex were able to dump BTC that they bought with Tether.

Peter Brandt saying that Coinbase shut down their site to take advantage of customers and one poster suggesting Collusion between Coinbase and Bitfinex because bitfinex were able to dump BTC that they bought with Tether.

"Any truth to the opinion"? I'm sure his opinion is truthful but whether anyone can say if its correct is anyones guess.

No one can say yes or no without any evidence and at this point this is just an allegation

• Advertisement

sexmag wrote: »
    "Any truth to the opinion"? I'm sure his opinion is truthful but whether anyone can say if its correct is anyones guess.

No one can say yes or no without any evidence and at this point this is just an allegation

BTC has my head wrecked, too early to be posting.

Coinbase seem like good actors in the space, but it’s fairly weird that they had an outage on the day where there was a massive pump and dump. Bitfinex also went down for a planned update to enable 100x margin trading.

Coinbase seem like good actors in the space, but it’s fairly weird that they had an outage on the day where there was a massive pump and dump. Bitfinex also went down for a planned update to enable 100x margin trading.

Strange that the BTC pump+dump occured at the same time as the planned Bitfinex update and that the Coinbase outage occured also at the same time.

Some coincidence

Bitfinex, Coinbase & Robinhood were all down at the same time. Can't be a coincidence, but I don't it's for collusion. They are above board in the US re client funds etc.

Now back below 10000 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

There were constant problems during the FOMO run in late 2017

Yesterday was probably one of the highest volume days this year, so it's likely they just couldn't cope

This is the worst dump that ive experienced but im only new here.

Do people recommend bailing from BTC and ALts until market stabilises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Just came across this

James Howells in Newport, Wales, threw away a hard drive containing 7,500 BTC. That's €90 M worth given a price of €12,000. I believe there were people wanting to searh the landfill. If the price ever got to €100 K, it might be commercially viable for a company to buy the site and mine it for the HD, for the €750 M.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    There were constant problems during the FOMO run in late 2017

Yesterday was probably one of the highest volume days this year, so it's likely they just couldn't cope

Either way it doesn’t reflect well on them ... regardless of the reason, customers not being able to access their account when things get heated is not a great selling point for an exchange :-/

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    James Howells in Newport, Wales, threw away a hard drive containing 7,500 BTC. That's €90 M worth given a price of €12,000. I believe there were people wanting to searh the landfill. If the price ever got to €100 K, it might be commercially viable for a company to buy the site and mine it for the HD, for the €750 M.

Imagine a company doing this, and then after they have searches the site and found nothing, the guy comes forward and says he was just kidding and never threw away such hard drive ;-)

This tiny correction I wouldn't call a dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

buy more

Completely expected, over-due and relatively small. We could see a sequence of them - if they start to follow one another could trigger another bear market, a downward spiral

We still aren't that far away from the last bull/crash (2017/2018). The last recovery took 3 years, this current one only took one and a half years

Anything could happen, this is why people often don't play the market, it's incredibly random. Never boring though.

Haha what? We're all hoping it dips more so we can buy more, you should be too, this isn't a crazy dump at all, just a bit of a correction after the hectic last few days

I think IFinex are back in court on the 29th of this month. Interesting to see what happens in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Bailing now is the worst thing to do as it will likely be back up in a few days / weeks and you'll be buying back in at a higher price.

The market never stabilizes, you just have to get used to it. Never panic buy in an upswing and never panic sell in a down swing.

If you want to try take advantage of the swings. Set aside 10% for trading. Sell when it gets silly like 12k yesterday. Then wait for the correction to stabilize.

In a small window it looks like the market collapsed but don't forget two weeks ago it was at 7500 and everyone was delighted with its progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Ben Done

Sorry, not sure where to post.
    Just wanted to ask if anyone else is getting spam SMS from some crowd 'Bitcoin Trend App'?

This is the only place I read about Crypto, and I would have signed up to a couple of 'free coins' ****e over the years, and I think I registered on Coinbase, but never used it (not sure I ever gave my phone number though)..

Texts come from different names, rather than numbers, so I can't block them, and it's very annoying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Ben Done wrote: »
    Sorry, not sure where to post.
    Just wanted to ask if anyone else is getting spam SMS from some crowd 'Bitcoin Trend App'?
    Never heard of it - but just ignore. For the most part, nobody should ever be contacting anyone and pitching anything about Bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Ben Done

Never heard of it - but just ignore. For the most part, nobody should ever be contacting anyone and pitching anything about Bitcoin.

Yeah I would do normally, but this crowd have my first name, so it's obviously related to something I've signed up to at some stage.
    I sent an email telling them I want to be removed from their list under GDPR, but it's not even clear where they're based.
    Just thought someone else might have got the same spam..

Bailing now is the worst thing to do as it will likely be back up in a few days / weeks and you'll be buying back in at a higher price.

The market never stabilizes, you just have to get used to it. Never panic buy in an upswing and never panic sell in a down swing.

If you want to try take advantage of the swings. Set aside 10% for trading. Sell when it gets silly like 12k yesterday. Then wait for the correction to stabilize.

In a small window it looks like the market collapsed but don't forget two weeks ago it was at 7500 and everyone was delighted with its progress.

Indeed, or..

buy when it's in the complete dregs and no one else is buying (2015/2016, end of last year), don't buy when it's going up

Check on it a few years later. To date, anyone I know who has done this has either always been up or made a large profit

(usual disclaimer: it could all crash to nothing)

• Advertisement

Indeed, or..

buy when it's in the complete dregs and no one else is buying (2015/2016, end of last year), don't buy when it's going up

Check on it a few years later. To date, anyone I know who has done this has either always been up or made a large profit

Completely expected, over-due and relatively small. We could see a sequence of them - if they start to follow one another could trigger another bear market, a downward spiral

We still aren't that far away from the last bull/crash (2017/2018). The last recovery took 3 years, this current one only took one and a half years

Anything could happen, this is why people often don't play the market, it's incredibly random. Never boring though.

Thanks for the tips lads.

Its hard to hold on though when its falling at that rate. A lot of people held in 2018 and got wiped out.

As a piece of perspective at this time yesterday we were all screaming for these prices again so we could buy more, heres your chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

As a piece of perspective at this time yesterday we were all screaming for these prices again so we could buy more, heres your chance

We all wished for them, but now they are here we are all on the fence in case it goes down more. Queue next week when it hits 13k and we all wish for 10k again :)

Warren Buffet said: 'Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful'

Even knowing the truth of it, it's hard to implement.

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

cnocbui wrote: »
    Warren Buffet said: 'Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful'

Even knowing the truth of it, it's hard to implement.

You'll know the time is right when the butcher reappears :-)

Done.

Same.

os1wqeshxu631.jpg

Indeed, or..

Thanks for the tips lads.

Its hard to hold on though when its falling at that rate. A lot of people held in 2018 and got wiped out.

God above you need to get your emotions in check if you think holding through this is tough lmao, lots of us held from the end of 2017/early 2018 as far as 80% down. And when it was at or near the bottom what do you think we did? Bought more, because as the saying goes you should be greedy when others are fearful! You're either getting into this with conviction with the hopes to get richer than you ever would have otherwise or you're not. Don't put in more than you're actually comfortable losing and none of these dips and crashes will bother you

And the only people who got 'wiped out' in 2018 are the idiots who realised their losses by selling without a plan to buy back in at a lower price point

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

grindle wrote: »
    Yep, CGT. You get to make €1270 tax free, after that you pay 33% on profit.

What if you didn't convert back to euro (fiat) and just bought things with the crypto currency?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement