Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Nouriel is a mentler. Pretty sure he also buys his Twitter followers

He's suffering from advanced stage BDS (Bitcoin Derangement Syndrome) apparently.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

If you want a whole coin you'll probably pick one up cheap in a few hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

vargoo wrote: »
    If you want a whole coin you'll probably pick one up cheap in a few hours...

What price would be cheap to you, realistically within the next few hours like you say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

BTC is $9,966 as I write this, after a sharp 5% drop. The next few hours/days might be decisive about where it is heading next.

Arrival wrote: »
    What price would be cheap to you, realistically within the next few hours like you say

Ain't no reason for it to stop falling, i threw in a grand yesterday at €9000, took it out today at €9500 as could see this coming for a change.

Its down a grand in 24 hours, no reason to stop. If it gets under 8g it'll go under 7.

Freefall. It like the whales selling loads in 1 go but now its the little fish panic.

And as I keep saying, it might never come back.

Half tempted to get rid of all of it I bought over current price aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Ain't no reason for it to stop falling, i threw in a grand yesterday at €9000, took it out today at €9500 as could see this coming for a change.

Its down a grand in 24 hours, no reason to stop. If it gets under 8g it'll go under 7.

Freefall.

I'm not going to agree or disagree. I was speculating on a pullback but lets see. Just out of curiosity though, when did you first stick money in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bought the dip and also opened a 25 x long at 9500. Let's see how this goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

On Bitmex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Freefall. It like the whales selling loads in 1 go but now its the little fish panic.

Sorry but I find it hard to take anyone seriously who still says this kind of stuff. The next halvening is in a years time which is the main event we're all waiting for. Everything right now is minor, still lots of people just trying to accumulate as much as possible before the mass erratic FOMO kicks in. The reality is Bitcoin is extremely volatile and a dip like this one is basically nothing to anyone who's been following for a while. We'll probably end up seeing €10k dips and spikes in the future when it all picks up in popularity.

Anyway, what are you basing these price expectations on? The only real thing you can go off of is the support/resistance levels. Here's hoping it continues this current dip for anyone still waiting to buy more.

Sorry but I find it hard to take anyone seriously who still says this kind of stuff. The next halvening is in a years time which is the main event we're all waiting for. Everything right now is minor, still lots of people just trying to accumulate as much as possible before the mass erratic FOMO kicks in. The reality is Bitcoin is extremely volatile and a dip like this one is basically nothing to anyone who's been following for a while. We'll probably end up seeing €10k dips and spikes in the future when it all picks up in popularity.

Anyway, what are you basing these price expectations on? The only real thing you can go off of is the support/resistance levels. Here's hoping it continues this current dip for anyone still waiting to buy more.

Stay open to all possibilities. Whilst I'm still bullish on crypto (and right now on BTC), there's a loooong road ahead. A shed load of stakeholders and environmental factors in the mix - anything is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Charts all pointed to a drop to $9k but it also shows it will be short lived. Top up if you can.

Charts all pointed to a drop to $9k but it also shows it will be short lived. Top up if you can.

100 EMA is 1k less than where we're at right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

It's quite possible that the halvening is already baked in as the vast majority of people know it's coming next year. Look at what's happening with Litecoin. Looks to have totally run out of steam just a few weeks before the halvening. I think BTC can drop below $8,000 for a while.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Liquidated overnight by the skin of my teeth. Hard to beat stacking actual sats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Went all in on stronghold (shx) last week. Still making gains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Went all in on stronghold (shx) last week.

A shítcoin with $43k volume?
    Christ. How come there's only a little over 1% of the total supply circulating? Is the token being issued over the course of a few years somehow?

I know mental. however, I went in before the pump.

I hope it works out for you. Such a low cap and volume though, scares me. For good reason, I have dead shítcoins sitting at a much lower cap with $0 volume now.
    Crypto equivalent of noosing-up, kicking the chair out from under your legs, but hoping you sprout wings.

Yeah, I see their Twitter mentioning that they're building out tools to integrate with Libra too.
    Interesting.

• Advertisement

Definitely could be a nice earner, huge risk huge reward is my motto.

Appropriate for the “excited” thread, there is now a regulated derivative to bet that BTC will hit $100000 by the end of 2020: https://bitcoinist.com/new-call-options-allow-anybody-to-bet-on-100000-bitcoin/

Any takers? :-) (not me, I find this kind of financial product madness - the exact same thing could be offered as a betting option by Paddy Power between a horse race and a bet on the next US election)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Liquidated overnight by the skin of my teeth. Hard to beat stacking actual sats.

Can you explain "opening a 25 X long at 9500".

I dont understand Longs X at all

grindle wrote: »

A shítcoin with $43k volume?
    Christ. How come there's only a little over 1% of the total supply circulating? Is the token being issued over the course of a few years somehow?

IBM gives it respectability but you'd have to wonder why its volume is so low and why Stellar is performing so poorly given its association with IBM.

Its account is held with Prime Trust In Nevada(the one state where anything goes).

Can you explain "opening a 25 X long at 9500".

I dont understand Longs X at all

I hold actual BTC then I guess you could say gamble a small bit with leverage also.

I use bybit for it. Say you have $10 on it you can get up to 100 x leverage so equivilant of holding $1000 of BTC for gains / losses. I use 25 x leverage max really as you can get liquidated very quickly if you use more.

IBM gives it respectability but you'd have to wonder why its volume is so low and why Stellar is performing so poorly given its association with IBM.

Its account is held with Prime Trust In Nevada(the one state where anything goes).

Stellar is actually performing great, the main focus is not the coin price but usage of the network. Fairly confident despite some bearish engulfing candlestick patterns from bitcoin that this is a good move, as I've already hedged 50% from my own capital so even if it drops 50% I'm still in a good place in case theres a bullish reversal in bitcoin...

Nevada seems like an fun place.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/07/17/bitcoin-correction-to-9500-could-be-followed-by-20-drop-analyst/

Lots of graphs there

(Rubbish the lot of it)

Only chart I care about is the stock to flow.

Stellar is actually performing great, the main focus is not the coin price but usage of the network. Fairly confident despite some bearish engulfing candlestick patterns from bitcoin that this is a good move, as I've already hedged 50% from my own capital so even if it drops 50% I'm still in a good place in case theres a bullish reversal in bitcoin...

Nevada seems like an fun place.

I've been looking at Stronghold. Is it only available on Stellars Dex?

• Advertisement

Fairly bullish alright

https://youtu.be/xolYGw2wU6Y

Summary of the Hearing here
    https://www.coindesk.com/lawmakers-amp-up-pressure-on-facebook-to-halt-libra-cryptocurrency-development

Neo and Ontology are collaborating on a to build an open cross-chain platform and establish the foundation for the next-gen Internet.
    https://medium.com/ontologynetwork/ontology-and-neo-come-together-to-build-an-open-cross-chain-platform-for-next-gen-internet-bd8e530bed8a

Coinbase have added new signalling tools related to their Top Traders activity.
    https://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-releases-new-data-tools-for-first-time-crypto-investors

Huobi have revamped their stablecoin
    https://www.coindesk.com/huobi-revamps-husd-stablecoin-to-help-power-fiat-on-ramp

Alts are recovering . Xlm up 15% back I to tenth position on market cap.

I've been looking at Stronghold. Is it only available on Stellars Dex?

It's on one other with a btc/eth pairing. But it's easier to use the dex no KYC. Just buy some xlm on cb and send to the dex wallet.

It's on one other with a btc/eth pairing. But it's easier to use the dex no KYC. Just buy some xlm on cb and send to the dex wallet.

Ive been meaning to try Stellar but havent got around to it. I cant find a straight forward guide on how to get started with it.

Do I download Stellar software and run a node?

No go to stellarport.io and download and install. Then register and note the wallet key. your done.. send the xlm from an exchange to the stellarport wallet. Go to exchange buy coins.

• Advertisement

No go to stellarport.io and download and install. Then register and note the wallet key. your done.. send the xlm from an exchange to the stellarport wallet. Go to exchange buy coins.

Thanks will do it now while ive time.

Thought you might be interested in this
    Binance will support Sellar staking. Airdrop on 20 July
    https://www.binance.com/en/support/a...s/360030727092

Edit:
    Im on stellarort.io now but I dont see a download option. They ask you to sign up to a wallet. Do you mean download the Wallet on google play?

Sorry yes been a while since I've installed it.

I wouldn't leave my XLM on binance not your keys not your crypto .

Sorry yes been a while since I've installed it.

I wouldn't leave my XLM on binance not your keys not your crypto .

Just seen this on Twitter regarding the risk if you hold xlm on BnB for the Airdrop.

One thing that really pisses me off about crypto is the amount of wallets you need to hold your coins. Can you hold xlm on a ledger X and interact with stellarport or do you have to use their wallet?

Huge spike just now. From 8300 euros at 15.15 to 9300 euros at 16.15!

Jaysus up $1000 in under an hour

• Advertisement

Quiet week in here. Be great to see the CME futures gap closed in the next week or so so we can hit the road running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I came across an article I found amusing, a bit whacky, but containing some gems of truth that coincide with what I have always thought was part of the scene that would continue to underpin the value of bitcoin. I would have linked to it but it's walled-off.
    London | Eleesa Dadiani is the 30-year-old scion of a 1000-year-old noble family from Georgia.
    But this is one aristocrat, at least, who isn’t living in the past: based in London, she’s trying to establish herself as a baroness of the cryptocurrency realm – and her aim seems to be no less than world domination.
    If you thought the bitcoin world was all tech nerds and shady darknet types, Dadiani is quite the corrective to the stereotype.

Eleesa Dadiani's eponymous syndicate wants to mop up bitcoin liquidity. 
    Raised in Azerbaijan and Georgia, and a self-described “drop-out” from a series of boarding schools across Europe, she got into the crypto game through starting her own art gallery in London’s swanky Mayfair district.
    The story involves pricey paintings, Russian sanctions, Formula 1 cars, thoroughbred horses, and lots of Chinese cash. She’s now about to hit the Eurasian silk road as she and her enigmatic Dadiani Syndicate look to stitch up exclusive deals with the world’s bitcoin miners and “mop up the liquidity” in the bitcoin market.

Her buyers want to own it all, while she herself says her goal is to pretty much single-handedly clean up and standardise the bitcoin system. And the thing is, she makes it all sound so strangely simple.
    Dadiani’s crypto journey began in 2014, when her Moscow-based family was looking to offload some of its collection of fine art. She rented a space just off Regent Street in Mayfair, the luxury art dealers’ neighbourhood of choice.
    Just as the first consignment of family treasures was due to leave Moscow, though, the West’s Crimea-related sanctions kicked in. “We had a shipment of 40 beautiful paintings that were essentially stuck. So I was left with a space. Bare walls,” she tells The Australian Financial Review.
    She turned instead to a group of septuagenarian British painters whose work the world had “kind of forgotten ... a lot of them were in self-exile”. For a while it wasn’t a commercial success – “it was like a little museum, so to speak” – but well-known contemporary artists came in to see the work and eventually things looked up.
    Can I pay for that in crypto?
    Dadiani’s life-defining moment came when some of her customers started asking to pay her in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
    She quickly realised that there were many wealthy people out there – particularly in countries like Russia, under sanctions, or China, with its tight capital controls – for whom bitcoin was their financial lifeline into the global economy.

They had bought into the digital currency, got rich during the bitcoin surge – a coin's value rose from $US1000 to over $US20,000 during 2017 – and now they wanted to crystallise it into real-world assets outside their restricted home turf.
    So she started her eponymous brokerage, Dadiani Syndicate, to do the deals – whether it was buying a £10 million-plus London townhouse or a thoroughbred horse.
    We’re talking about banks, sovereign wealth funds, large family offices, hedge funds – these are the players we’re entertaining now.
    — Eleesa Dadiani
    “We would broker anything from Formula 1 cars to blue-chip art pieces to property – anything, really,” she says.
    London, it’s fair to say, has a bit of a reputation as a money launderette. So Dadiani is unsurprisingly at pains to emphasise that everything was above board.
    “When a sanction is imposed, capital flight becomes the number-one foe,” she says.
    “That was a difficulty, what people don’t realise is that transporting money is not synonymous with money laundering – no, there are a lot of legitimate businessmen who were deeply affected by this. They were not able to conduct business internationally when such drastic measures were in place.”

She admits she probably could have thought a bit more about the name of the company. “Yes, ‘syndicate’, I didn’t consider at the time that it’s got this narco [connotation],” she laughs. “It’s definitely not that, the reason behind it is to signify our relationships with different entities that perform different functions to make things happen.”
    Dadiani Syndicate hadn’t been in operation long before competitors started to spring up. And the demand evolved, too: “People wanted fungibility, they didn’t want to offload their crypto and buy a house with it, they wanted immediate transfer into fiat.”
    Also, the price of bitcoin was dropping fast: from $US20,000 around Christmas 2017 to just $US3747 a year later. And it was clear that big financial institutions were going to get into the game, dwarfing the demand from individuals. So Dadiani repositioned herself on the buy side of the bitcoin ledger.
    “The whole purpose, as I understood it, for this prolonged correction, it was just to shake out unnecessary players – to move retail out so institutions could come in. We’re talking about banks, sovereign wealth funds, large family offices, hedge funds – these are the players we’re entertaining now.”
    ... **** is cleaner than these coins. So of course nobody is going to touch them.
    — Eleesa Dadiani
    Some of her clients were asking for 100,000 coins, 200,000 coins. And then she had a request from a buyer group to snap up 25 per cent of the bitcoin market. There are about 17.8 million bitcoins in circulation, so the order was worth about $US42 billion ($63 billion) on current prices. The order was impossible to fulfil, but “galvanising”, she says.
    To go about acquiring bitcoin systematically, the market needed reordering. Out would go cowboy trades, facetious offers, and arbitrage plays; in would come “a procedure designed specifically to look after institutions, and to make sure that no single entity would have too large a chunk”.

She now wants to muscle out all the smaller over-the-counter (OTC) traders, and service the big appetite of the institutional market in a transparent and efficient way.
    “When you go to exchanges, no one buys large quantities on exchanges, that’s not the way things are done. Liquidity is limited. Which OTC desk are you going to go to if you want to buy 100,000 coins today?”
    Tapping the source
    To hit the necessary scale, she wants to deal direct with the bitcoin miners – the companies that use huge banks of servers to conduct the complex mathematical computations that generate new bitcoins.
    She’s prepared to supply them with hardware and support – whether it be sorting out cheaper energy, helping to build infrastructure, facilitating the sale of coins – and thereby lock them into working with her Syndicate.
    “We want to mop up as much liquidity coming direct from mines, so we can act as a conduit to the wider crypto market,” she says.
    There are challenges with her approach. Because of the way the bitcoin process is set up, there will only ever be a maximum of 21 million coins. So there's only about 3.2 million, or 16 per cent of the total, left to extract.
    Around 1800 are mined each day, and tens if not hundreds of thousands of people are thought to be involved. But the rate at which they can be extracted periodically declines – it will halve in May next year. This might tamper with the economics of mining, although it depends what the "halvening" does to the bitcoin price.

Working directly with miners will satisfy her clients that they’re steering clear of the dark side of crypto, she says.
    “The provenance of coin is the one thing that stops these trades from concluding. You have these seemingly legit sellers coming forth, you do your forensics on them, and I mean **** is cleaner than these coins. So of course nobody is going to touch them,” she says.
    “So we want direct recourse to miners, access to virgin coins, so we can offer that, without batting an eyelid, to reputable institutions without any consequences.”
    She says she’s as scrupulous with her buyers as she plans to be with her sellers. “There are certain jurisdictions that we’re very careful about trading. Certain sovereign wealth funds are problematic, because it’s very clear what they want to do with their money and that can be problematic for us," she says.
    The business has been focused on North American and European clients, but now wants to raise its profile in "other untapped territories where there is tremendous crypto trading activity", such as the Middle East, East Asia, Russia and Central Asia.
    She keeps coming back to the idea of a crypto system that’s standardised and transparent – “pristine”, she calls it – that is based on big, trusted institutions – and therefore doesn’t suffer from wild price volatility and shonky operators. She sees her role as laying the terrain – and taking the commissions.
    Can she do it? Bitcoin was recently and memorably described in the Financial Times as “a blatherskite world”. And a vague air of the unexplained lingers around Dadiani and her Syndicate. But she certainly radiates confidence and clarity.
    “I’m an opportunist. I’m not a specialist in anything, I’m a school dropout. I have a good nose for things, when something is about to gallop," she says. "And so twice I’ve now had good timing. Once when people needed to cash out of their holdings, when banks didn’t want to touch crypto; and now, when we are at the forefront of this institutional stampede.”

So the Sun Buffet meeting is off as apparently Justin has kidney stones.

Other rumours saying he has been visiting China and currently has been banned from leaving.

The last face to be put on a 50 pound note. Bye bye fiat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48962557

So the Sun Buffet meeting is off as apparently Justin has kidney stones.

Other rumours saying he has been visiting China and currently has been banned from leaving.

So now he's in SF :D

To my point a few days back on one of these threads, if something is reported in crypto media, it has to be taken on the understanding that the inverse may be true!

cnocbui wrote: »
    I came across an article I found amusing, a bit whacky, but containing some gems of truth that coincide with what I have always thought was part of the scene that would continue to underpin the value of bitcoin. I would have linked to it but it's walled-off.

I'm fascinated by the distinction that continues to be made between virgin coin and the sullen circulating btc. I wonder how much institutions will end up paying as a premium for it? Will BTC dev's ever get fungibility properly addressed /implemented (but of course if they do, the securitons will have a hissy fit).

So now he's in SF :D

To my point a few days back on one of these threads, if something is reported in crypto media, it has to be taken on the understanding that the inverse may be true!

Yeah very bizarre. Did you see his live stream? Didn't say a thing about any of the rumours. Didn't look to sick to me either hanging out with his buddies..

Anyway, dropping nicely now, hope we see 8500 then moon time.

The amount of BTC that has never been traded has risen
    https://coinmetrics.substack.com/p/coin-metrics-state-of-the-network-cf2

The amount of BTC that has never been traded has risen
    https://coinmetrics.substack.com/p/coin-metrics-state-of-the-network-cf2

Very hard to know what to make from those figures.

A bitcoin which an individual has been storing for 5 years in their wallet and a bitcoin which has been stored by an exchange in their wallet will both be counted as inactive coins in these stats. However while the first one is indeed not being traded by anyone, the second one could actually be changing hands several times a day on the exchange (it is showing as inactive as it remains in custody of the exchange, but the client of the exchange which is the actual owner is changing).

Bob24 wrote: »
    Very hard to know what to make from those figures.

A bitcoin which an individual has been storing for 5 years in their wallet and a bitcoin which has been stored by an exchange in their wallet will both be counted as inactive coins in these stats. However while the first one is indeed not being traded by anyone, the second one could actually be changing hands several times a day on the exchange (it is showing as inactive as it remains in custody of the exchange, but the client of the exchange which is the actual owner is changing).

Good point, hadn't copped that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement