Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

John McAfee up to his neck is all sorts of antics

https://www.coindesk.com/where-in-the-world-is-john-mcafee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    John McAfee up to his neck is all sorts of antics

https://www.coindesk.com/where-in-the-world-is-john-mcafee

I think it's a few governments that are up to all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I think it's a few governments that are up to all sorts.

I don't believe the dude pays his taxes, he openly brags about it anyway. Plus wasn't he wanted for murder at one stage?

He also seems to have been involved in the B2G Pyramid scheme (the Seagal one) promoting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I don't believe the dude pays his taxes, he openly brags about it anyway. Plus wasn't he wanted for murder at one stage?

He also seems to have been involved in the B2G Pyramid scheme (the Seagal one) promoting it

Watch the Netflix documentary on him mental fella.

He's a mad man but only from what the media say. Really hope he won't have to eat a length of wavin next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bakkt said to be launching in Q3 (ie soon enough): https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-bakkt-to-launch-in-q3-pending-ny-financial-department-approval

Curious to see what kind of impact this could have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

He is an alcoholic and used to be cocaine addict. But I think he keeps the cocaine at bay now. These days he is more into hookers, guns and murdering a few neighbours. On top of course of his bread and butter - shilling sh1tcoins :p

I assume this is something Chinese authorities will eventually crack down as it effectively is a way to bypass capital control measures, but interesting piece on how Tether is being used to transfer funds from Russia to China: https://www.coindesk.com/tether-usdt-russia-china-importers

Also shows a practical use case whereby a stablecoin is preferred to bitcoin or another crypto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Branson is a bit of a step up from McAfee, I think
    Branson-backed cryptocurrency start-up launches a super-fast exchange to take on Coinbase
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/30/bitcoin-blockchain-launches-crypto-exchange-to-take-on-coinbase.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

https://coingape.com/facebook-shows-pessimissm-libras-future/?utm_source=app&utm_medium=programonks&utm_campaign=

Facebook Shows Pessimism On Libra’s Future, Says “It May Never See The Light Of Day”

Bulls are hard at work at the moment to try and prevent Bitcoin from posting its first MoM loss in a long time. This seemed almost impossible to do in the morning, but looking at it now they could actually succeed!

Bob24 wrote: »
    Bulls are hard at work at the moment to try and prevent Bitcoin from posting its first MoM loss in a long time. This seemed almost impossible to do in the morning, but looking at it now they could actually succeed!

I don't think bulls give a toss about image or think at all in the the way you are suggesting. I'd be more inclined to look at the trend in the gold price and what people expect the Fed are going to do.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I don't think bulls give a toss about image or think at all in the the way you are suggesting. I'd be more inclined to look at the trend in the gold price and what people expect the Fed are going to do.

Yes of course, I am in no way saying there is an organised group of people right now thinking “we need to put in more cash to prevent a negative monthly closure”.

It is more a laid back comment for the “excited” thread in the language used by many technical analysts (and actually while I dont think anyone is seriously trying to influence the closing value for the month, posting a loss for the first time in a while would indeed have a psychological impact and possibly a real influence on market sentiment).

• Advertisement

BTC broke $10k at 3 am this morning and has held steady for 18 hours, that's pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

sexmag wrote: »
    BTC broke $10k at 3 am this morning and has held steady for 18 hours, that's pretty good

In what way is it good?

vargoo wrote: »
    In what way is it good?
    Well if you have some, as opposed to hoping to get some, the answer would be obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

11k now, nobody watching?

Thargor wrote: »

Tell me when it's 18k or that otherwise meh.

• Advertisement

Pointless.

Pointless.

A lot like your posts.

A lot like your posts.

If Bitcoin (BTC) Turns $11,300 Into Support, Bull Run is Back On

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/08/04/if-bitcoin-btc-turns-11300-into-support-bull-run-is-back-on/

Bitcoin Won’t Be a Global Reserve Currency. But It’s Opening the Box

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-wont-be-a-global-reserve-currency-but-its-opening-the-box

Theirs some expert analysis for you.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/08/04/if-bitcoin-btc-turns-11300-into-support-bull-run-is-back-on/

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-wont-be-a-global-reserve-currency-but-its-opening-the-box

This is the excited thread,the worried one is over there>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Deub

Here's my expert analysis: At 194% up, YTD, bitcoin is my best performing investment by a considerable margin. I'll take as much of that 'useless' as I can get. Obviously you must be doing better. I'm dying to hear how?

What a lovely thing to wake up to.

That dodgy Max fella on Putin TV said he reckons it will pass $15k this week due to all the Fiat instability. But he does own a bucket load of bitcoin so has a vested interest in talking it up.

Yes, I am most definitely excited. The Euro price of bitcoin is up just over 10% in 24hrs currently. Trump has triggered an equities market sell off and money seems to be heading for gold and bitcoin. Gold derrivatives, now there is a real scam. I suspect a few people globally will ponder the relative ease of getting real bitcoins compared to real physical gold.

Now passed $12000 and rising fast. We could be retesting last month’s high soon.

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    Now passed $12000 and rising fast. We could be retesting last month’s high soon.

But...but...tether...bitfinex...printing magic tokens...no new money...blah blah blah

Had to be millions go in and out to make that mini pump worthwhile?

Here's my expert analysis: At 194% up, YTD, bitcoin is my best performing investment by a considerable margin. I'll take as much of that 'useless' as I can get. Obviously you must be doing better. I'm dying to hear how?

You've sold?

Hell no! I wouldn't dream of doing that until I am somewhere where there isn't a capital gains tax.

Another interesting tweet from our Soviet friend.

https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/1159089253948776454?s=19

Hell no! I wouldn't dream of doing that until I am somewhere where there isn't a capital gains tax.

But then you are up nothing.

A few weeks back 8 grand euro was considered the fair value, couldn't go under. This week it's 6 and theirs lots calling for it.

I'm all in and out all the time.

I'm up thousands.

If it goes above 12500 euro I'll sell all again and buy all back in again on the next dip.

A few weeks back 8 grand euro was considered the fair value, couldn't go under. This week it's 6 and theirs lots calling for it.

I'm up thousands.

If it goes above 12500 euro I'll sell all again and buy all back in again on the next dip.

Thanks was looking for someone else to ignore.

Strange bunch of folk on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm up thousands.

:rolleyes:

Delighted you're making money off all those precise 30%-100% gains, expertly traded. Many on here have had 10,000% gains. Multiple times. Have fun trading for 50% gains against the guys selling their bags to you.

• Advertisement

I'm up thousands.

Any screenshots of any of these trades by any chance?

grindle wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Delighted you're making money off all those precise 30%-100% gains, expertly traded. Many on here have had 10,000% gains. Multiple times. Have fun trading for 50% gains against the guys selling their bags to you.

Yea, followed it all the way up to 20g and all the way back down to 3. And back up to 14 etc.

Crazy.

Nothing precise about it either. Rolling stop loss.

I may be small fish, but im a fish.

Logging in 100s of times a day looking at your virtual gains, same 1000% gains you never realised from 2 years ago.

Soon i'll be using profit only. Risk free.

Yea, followed it all the way up to 20g and all the way back down to 3. And back up to 14 etc.

Crazy.

I may be small fish, but im a fish.

Logging in 100s of times a day looking at your virtual gains, same 1000% gains you never realised from 2 years ago.

Wow you sold out at 20k and bought back in at 3k? And yet your first post on BTC was only 2 months ago? How strange. I'm sure your upcoming screenshot of this trade will clear everything up though.

I for one believe the validity of this random new poster. From the sounds of things he had bought one of Paddy's investment strategies and was able to navigate the crazy world of crypto with the ease of a well trained ninja.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wow you sold out at 20k and bought back in at 3k?

That's not what he was saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

So you bought dips on the way up? You short it on the way down or you were accumulating? How often were you jumping in and out of the market? It's something I find very difficult - whatever hope there is on a longer play, its extremely difficult to make sense of it on a shorter timescale.
    I can see the logic of rolling stop losses in conventional markets. But aren't stop losses extremely difficult to set in crypto/btc given the volatility (even on a daily basis)?
    Its a point well made and I think maybe it might have been lost on some here. I can oftentimes get caught up in those virtual gains (and losses!) but its all largely an irrelevance until you've realised the gain. It can take the pressure off somewhat though if you're up a considerable amount and there's some space below i.e. it has to really **** the bed before you're in the red.
    I suppose that's one way to look at it. However, it remains to be seen if its the way to go. I was pretty substantially underwater having gone back into the market late last year - and that was all on $ previously accumulated on crypto. However, I was certainly treating that as the loss of real money. It's all psychological I suppose (hence why they say the psychology of markets is so important I guess)...although to your previous point, thankfully that virtual loss reversed into a considerable (and confirmed) gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Tango One

Lads my coinmarketcap.com app is able to tell the future 500k bitcoin and 10k ethereum 😂

Tango One wrote: »
    Lads my coinmarketcap.com app is able to tell the future 500k bitcoin and 10k ethereum 😂

What year is this? Asking for a friend so I..I mean he can long BTC and ETH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Tango One

sexmag wrote: »
    What year is this? Asking for a friend so I..I mean he can long BTC and ETH

2025 :) app was supplied by my mate J Mc

Dreamy stuff

Wedge getting tight, big break to upside this weekend IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement