Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Did somebody talk sh1t or something, I've a few heads on my ignore list so above doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Did somebody talk sh1t or something, I've a few heads on my ignore list so above doesn't make sense.

Does ignore work when the ignored are quoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Why 7 months? Why not 6 or 8. Crypto heads love seeing patterns where they don’t exist. It’s why we have lads going on about 30,40, 60, 90 day moving averages. Anything to suit the narrative. Tether sent a load of magic dollars to Binance late last night. That’s being used to pump the price. The few desperate fûckers still using margin to go short and long will be cleaned out once again.

Simples.

Did you buy any crypto yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You spelled consistent wrong, consistently wrong.

I'll be sure to use some of my bitcoin profits on a dictionary.

So a fork, of a fork (BSV) is up 33% in 24 hours, 90% in 7 days. Mental stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

nice way to wake up alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Did you buy any crypto yet?

I didn’t. I find cash to be a great ‘day to day’ currency and I tend to invest in property. Not something that is filled with conmen and destined to collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Why 7 months? Why not 6 or 8. Crypto heads love seeing patterns where they don’t exist. It’s why we have lads going on about 30,40, 60, 90 day moving averages. Anything to suit the narrative. Tether sent a load of magic dollars to Binance late last night. That’s being used to pump the price. The few desperate fûckers still using margin to go short and long will be cleaned out once again.

Simples.

He has a point. A lot of these TA guys see patterns where there are no patterns. When they are right it's usually just a coincidence and got lucky. I used to watch one of these YouTube TA guys and he's was always saying "A pattern is a pattern, I don't care what anyone says". Well it was a pattern for good long while, until... it wasn't, and that was the end that. Also I think past performance is no indication of future performance. So when people go, oh bitcoin did this in January in 2017 so it could also do the same now. To to me that's just complete hogwash.

• Advertisement

I didn’t. I find cash to be a great ‘day to day’ currency and I tend to invest in property. Not something that is filled with conmen and destined to collapse.

Oh I agree, but the small amount I tossed in over the years has beaten any other investment I've ever made, by light years. The coins might not be real, but the cash gains are. Could be worth a flutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Not exactly the same, but PAXG which is backed by and convertible into physical gold (and can earn interest on Crypto.com and soon on Celsius Network) will probably be more attractive to crypto folks ;-) (although personally I am all for some direct physical gold ownership and don’t see gold and crypto as an either/or question).

LTC leading the charge today and was the first to break out last week aswell....
    Looking back it seems to be the one that is the leading indicator of many bull or bear runs

XRP Lawsuit decision made tomorrow...should be interesting

:pac:

Nice gains today, hopefully that locks in the +€7K price through the next dip and we roll on to May.

Bcash has just started to go crazy, up 11% in an hour. A lot of other stuff starting to rocket up. Since we're still in the dregs of a bear I'm obviously not expecting this stuff to stick, but it's always fun to watch double-digit 24 hour movements.

• Advertisement

The milky bars are on me

23% gain so far this year, no doubt will be the best performing asset by years end.

BSV up 90% in 24 hours now, that's some tear. Very close to bcash.

BSV up 90% in 24 hours now, that's some tear. Very close to bcash.

Peaked at +135%, chasers got stung there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You must be buying property in some other country. I had a property valued in 2011 and have just had another valuation. It's now worth 30% less.

The good news is that I'm up 578% on BTC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

hernie wrote: »
    He has a point. A lot of these TA guys see patterns where there are no patterns. ...To to me that's just complete hogwash.

The unspeakable one doesn't have any point that's specific to crypto. TA is practiced widely and existed long before crypto was traded.

Secondly, it's not a prediction service. It works on the basis of probability. That's a common misunderstanding. If it can achieve 51% probability, then it may well be worth pursuing.
    Over and above that, people can take it or leave it. ....or the unspeakable one can try and reach to use it as a stick to beat those who pursue it relative to crypto (because he wouldn't say a word unless crypto was implicated).

Bob24 wrote: »
    Not exactly the same, but PAXG which is backed by and convertible into physical gold (and can earn interest on Crypto.com and soon on Celsius Network) will probably be more attractive to crypto folks ;-) (although personally I am all for some direct physical gold ownership and don’t see gold and crypto as an either/or question).

Kinesis is another option with the tokenisation of gold and silver.

The link I posted was more in reference to that particular seller accepting crypto as payment for gold/silver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Coinbase is down

cnocbui wrote: »
    You must be buying property in some other country. I had a property valued in 2011 and have just had another valuation. It's now worth 30% less.

The good news is that I'm up 578% on BTC

Argh :-/ But it must be something specific to that property/location to be fair.

The national property price index was 78 in Jan 2011 and is now 109; so your property lost 30% while the overall market was gaining 30%.

Btw, is anyone on the thread buying at the moment?

My view would be to try not to FOMO and stay on the sideline until some sort of correction/consolidation takes place and the dust settles; anyone thinks differently?

My view would be to try not to FOMO and stay on the sideline until some sort of correction/consolidation takes place and the dust settles; anyone thinks differently?

Usually drops after tether pump

bri007 wrote: »
    Coinbase is down

That’s why I keep mine on my Nano

The Ledger is purely for storage though (and is indeed great if used properly in terms of passphrase protection practices). It can’t really be compared to to a marketplace like Coinbase.

Impossible to judge. I do think it has over stretched by around 10% and should come back down by a similar amount.

• Advertisement

+ 1

The Ledger is purely for storage though (and is indeed great if used properly in terms of passphrase protection practices). It can’t really be compared to to a marketplace like Coinbase.

It gives you security you don’t have when coinbase is down (I.e due to a possible hack)

If you have a strong urge to buy, so does the market.

I have an index I've followed daily (lol hourly) for over 2 and a half years now, it represents around 75 coins. On any given day I'm following the prices of around 50 or so coins. Excluding BTC (which is it's own beast, 70% of the market), the index is down around 80% from peak (Dec 2017), but is up around 30% of it's lowest (December 2018)

If not much has changed by this December (2020) then I reckon Ill be putting money in - in the hopes of catching a bull run in 2021. I've had success (blind luck) in catching the 2013 bull and 2017 bull. I've also succumbed to FOMO and learnt a bit from that.

Buying now? I don't have a clue. Found some spare cash I had on CB and recently put it into some BTC fork trash alts bc BSV was rising and got lucky with some cheap and nasty gains

It gives you security you don’t have when coinbase is down (I.e due to a possible hack)

Agree of course, but again a hardware wall and a coin marketplace are not the same thing.

Agree of course, but again a hardware wall and a coin marketplace are not the same thing.

They aren’t, but at least if it’s on a hardware wallet you can lob it over to binance and dispose of it.

A lot of people keep their coins on coinbase and other exchanges, so when it goes down it’s less secure than a hardware wallet (as you know).

Picked up some more there this morning.

Will see where we are at on Friday and may go again.

BSV now fourth largest by cap, up 140% in 24 hours. Insane rise.

BSV now fourth largest by cap, up 140% in 24 hours. Insane rise.

Unbelievable manipulation by CSW

Is it true nobody is really even mining it ?

Wonder how long it would take to dump a big holding.

All wash trading.

Unbelievable manipulation by CSW

Is it true nobody is really even mining it ?

Wonder how long it would take to dump a big holding.

All wash trading.

I'll be honest, I don't know what it is, it's 24 hour volumes are similar in scale to the other big movers, but it's ratios of buys is so much higher

If it's manipulation, everyone else is hopping on the gravy train, fun to watch anyway

Was delisted from coinbase and a few other places so not even sure where people can cash in their gains.

Definition of a sh1tcoin regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Some run we are on now... hopefully new people get on board and we continue this rise :)

Wonder what’s the reasoning behind this bull run

bri007 wrote: »
    Some run we are on now... hopefully new people get on board and we continue this rise :)

Wonder what’s the reasoning behind this bull run

I'm not sure what's driving Bitcoin. With BSV, some are hedging/speculating on the possibility that CSW is satoshi (on the basis of the court docs he just filed).

If that clown is satoshi (and the evidence is there that he's not), I'd walk away from crypto for good!

Holy ****

Trash I bought recently is up 86% in one hour. Dash has just soared over 100 euros. Very bizarre.

I'm not sure what's driving Bitcoin. With BSV, some are hedging/speculating on the possibility that CSW is satoshi (on the basis of the court docs he just filed).

If that clown is satoshi (and the evidence is there that he's not), I'd walk away from crypto for good!

https://coingeek.com/why-we-think-craig-wright-is-satoshi-and-why-that-matters/

Why we think Craig Wright is Satoshi and why that matters

https://coingeek.com/what-is-the-tulip-trust

A lot there.

I hadn't heard about this mined million before...so he has (potentially) near 20 Billion $ when you include the original million coins never moved?

BSV market cap and 24 hour volume are now equal.

I don't know how people are buying into the scam so blindly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Still waiting for the <$5k loads of people were anticipating...probably never see it again now after all this haha, but yeah definitely better to not impulsively dive in during little spikes like this

• Advertisement

BSV market cap and 24 hour volume are now equal.

I don't know how people are buying into the scam so blindly.

They’re betting there will be a greater fool to sell it to at a higher price I guess. It won’t end well but whoever was there early and smart enough to cash in their gains will be happy.

FFVII wrote: »
    https://coingeek.com/why-we-think-craig-wright-is-satoshi-and-why-that-matters/

Why we think Craig Wright is Satoshi and why that matters

https://coingeek.com/what-is-the-tulip-trust

A lot there.

I hadn't heard about this mined million before...so he has (potentially) near 20 Billion $ when you include the original million coins never moved?

I am not very familiar with the matter, but just a note that the site you linked seems to only cover BSV and has an “how to buy BSV” link on its header. So I wouldn’t take it as an impartial source - they have clearly picked a side. Doesn’t mean what they are publishing is wrong, but I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Some coins are popping, going up 30%, 40% or 50%. Recently Dash, Zcash, Aelf, Golum, causes people to second guess other coins. So far gains are sticking for now, pretty cool. Incredible how fast the market can react, and this is with low public interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

$10k BTC will be a big milestone. Media attention will flow from there.

The Ledger is purely for storage though

technically, you are not actually storing the crypto on the Ledger

I've heard Coinbase is notorious for going down during big market moves, whether its just a ploy or they just get overloaded, who knows

I'm using Kraken and have yet to have an issue with them during the big moves in the market and the funding/withdrawal functions are very easy to use

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement