Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    these happen every now & again...am expecting more and more as it inches upwards

you cant have 10-12 green candle days without a dump every now & again

For sure...and that may make for a more healthy uptick this year. Last year it pushed up far too quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

BTC ****ting the bed...flash crashing at $9917...

It's already bounced back up. Bullish. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BTC ****ting the bed...flash crashing at $9917...

Bitcoin doesn't crash, it just takes a rest.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Bitcoin doesn't crash, it just takes a rest.

No sh1t! ,,🤠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

For sure...and that may make for a more healthy uptick this year. Last year it pushed up far too quickly.

Even this small retrace is healthy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hopefully

if it does you better get in quick because there is a CME gap right now above at €9500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Put some thought into my exit strategy on my holdings over the weekend, and set everything to sell in minimum 1000 token blocks depending on the token as I've millions of them under some projects, at various intervals up to the 100x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Put some thought into my exit strategy on my holdings over the weekend, and set everything to sell in minimum 1000 token blocks depending on the token as I've millions of them under some projects, at various intervals up to the 100x.

Hit me up when you sell that block of 1000 bitcoin. I'll help you spend the cash :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

By the time these grow, bitcoin will be the cash, with some of these bags in close proximity. . Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

That was around a 10% to 15% drop for alts on average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

grindle wrote: »

Wow .... wish I'd thought of that. Instead of trying to figure out how to place arbitrage bets on betting exchanges/online and make it profitable without a large bankroll or being banned.

amacca wrote: »
    Wow .... wish I'd thought of that. Instead of trying to figure out how to place arbitrage bets on betting exchanges/online and make it profitable without a large bankroll or being banned.

These guys are having a baaaaaaad time.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/amp/post/56207/bzx-attacked-again-645k-in-eth-estimated-to-be-lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

50/200 DMA Golden Cross just occurred. Has always lead to fun times in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Those DeFi services aren’t decentralised at all. They were able to turn the thing off. Same as with that Iota fiasco/hilarity.

• Advertisement

Not fully decentralised, no. The majority of these projects are quite open about how decentralised they are or aren't, it depends as a user of the service what it is about the service you wish to be decentralised.

Most important thing here is that new best-practice emerges - whatever loophole they closed two days ago still left something very open. Makes for every interesting reading.

50/200 DMA Golden Cross just occurred. Has always lead to fun times in the past.

generally these have been followed by a dump then a rally, I wouldnt be surprised if we got a dump down to fill this CME gap @ $8500 and then rally after that

Not fully decentralised, no. The majority of these projects are quite open about how decentralised they are or aren't.

What has been hilarious over the last week has been the faux outrage from some quarters about certain projects not being fully decentralised. One in particular whose work has been (and is) all about a project to bring about full decentralisation.

Most important thing here is that new best-practice emerges
    Agreed.

I see Binance are about to offer a create your own exchange product.

Now I’ve always been at the forefront of crypto opinion and expertise in Ireland, so I’ll be offering you all a €50 sign-up bonus for flashi.ng - my new exchange.

I’ll also be offering 250x margin trading on Tron, Nano, and Verge, as well as an eclectic collection of complete and utter shïtcoins that no other exchange will even consider.

Might do some of that DeFi stuff as well if there’s an appetite for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

I see Binance are about to offer a create your own exchange product.

Now I’ve always been at the forefront of crypto opinion and expertise in Ireland, so I’ll be offering you all a €50 sign-up bonus for flashi.ng - my new exchange.

I’ll also be offering 250x margin trading on Tron, Nano, and Verge, as well as an eclectic collection of complete and utter shïtcoins that no other exchange will even consider.

Might do some of that DeFi stuff as well if there’s an appetite for it.

that DeFi stuff seems secure, count me in!!

• Advertisement

that DeFi stuff seems secure, count me in!!

Can you wire me the money? Having a small bit of trouble with the traditional banking system at the moment - pretty standard with crypto exchanges. Nothing to worry about. Our offices will initially be based in Tuvulu before we buy the entire IFSC.

I’ll put you down for 6 DeFi smart contracts, 100 billion NanoTrons, and into a draw for a Tesla.

How does that sound?

Litecoin revving up again

Are we about to see another front run before the bitcoin run?

Eth being an absolute unit again, 73% in a month, mental stuff.

I think we are in the if it hit it before it will break it soon territory like in 2017. All those lovely dips bouncing back and beating previous ATH a week later.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Eth being an absolute unit again, 73% in a month, mental stuff.

I’ve a feeling ETH could outperform BTC in the next 18 months

NEO has been tipping away in recent days too. At €14.42 now.

Possibly. I think this is the main Eth 2.0 run now. Quite a few investors are also likely to want to get to the minimum staking amount of Eth. That dip and fast recovery was pretty cool too; $280 to $240 to $280 - some confidence coming back in to the market perhaps

If we include the last few months...definitely. With 2.0 and massive dapp and defi growth. Good times .

maninasia wrote: »
    If we include the last few months...definitely. With 2.0 and massive dapp and defi growth. Good times .

Another one I have interest in is Kyber network. And LINK just seems unstoppable right now. Big names in their space.
    Also Neo holder, but small amount these days.
    Even REQ is showing signs of life. Of course I checked their blog and nothing since Dec ?!?
    Iota wallet hack was disappointing but you got to zoom out and see how the coordicide stuff works out. I've a solid hold in it.

I did clear my borrowing on a defi platform but will dip my toes in again later.

Litecoin revving up again

Are we about to see another front run before the bitcoin run?

I've never invested in litecoin but it has a great community and solid in my book.
    Serious question , what is the use case of litecoin? ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Link & Tezos

I am wondering why he would give them the password to his wallet. Perhaps they don't have it and it's a wallet like mine where you don't need a password to open it but you'll find you need one to spend from it.

can they actually freeze the assets in a wallet?

can they actually freeze the assets in a wallet?

Not without the password/phrase and moving the contents to their own wallet. That's one of the beauties of Bitcoin. Someone in Australia who had the pass phrase could hose the wallet before the Guards knew what hit them. An asset that is truly out of reach of everyone but the owner, (if the owner is careful) is a thing to value.

Not without the password/phrase and moving the contents to their own wallet. That's one of the beauties of Bitcoin. Someone in Australia who had the pass phrase could hose the wallet before the Guards knew what hit them. An asset that is truly out of reach of everyone but the owner, (if the owner is careful) is a thing to value.

thats exactly what I was thinking and I'm fairly sure the passphrase & password is kept fairly secure but with somebody else having the facility to access it and empty it out fairly quickly

CAB can take the wallet all day long and think they have they crypto, but thats the beauty of them, they are not actually stored on the wallet, its just a mechanism for accessing them

AFAIK, nobody can seize it

He had €52m yet kept growing and dealing drugs :confused:

What an absolute spanner, peak idiocy.

He had €52m yet kept growing and dealing drugs :confused:

What an absolute spanner, peak idiocy.

In fairness, he had 6,000 BTC in August 2017 when CAB investigated. That would have been worth about $3.6 million. He had been rumbled in Feb. 2017 when his holding would have been worth just over $2 million.

Not a bad sum either but not as clearcut a decision to retire from the drug dealing business at that point. :D

Had me managed to keep his head down until Christmas 2017, that stash would have been worth $120,000,000 :eek:

they probably only got a fraction of what he had

there was a transaction from Bittrex exchange yesterday of approx 48,000 BTC to an unknown wallet. This was then moved to another wallet beofre being put back on Bittrex

you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any clue what the staking returns on ETH are supposed to be like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thargor wrote: »
    Any clue what the staking returns on ETH are supposed to be like?

The estimate given by ETH developers was around 6% if memory serves well. But I don't know exactly how the figure was calculated. And also the minimum amount of ETH they mentioned to have a node was 32 (but I assume there will be many services pooling ETHs for smaller holders, albeit it will require to give them custody and pay them a fee).

Jaysus what was that

Wooah

Wtf

I just wish it would fill the CME gap and move onwards and upwards

It could happen yet!

Probably just a whale farting.

• Advertisement

YZVeTYY.png

Probably just a whale farting.

He seems to have followed thru :D

4k BTC dumped yesterday
    Binance & Coinbase went down for "maintenance" at time of dump

We now have a head & shoulders pattern on the 1 hourly on BTC, could be in for further drops

The usual "wait 24 hours" and see how it responds to green

If it goes back up again, will be interesting. That said I was more than happy with 150 euro Eth for this half, so far we are well above that

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Sorry for asking on this thread but there is no asking thread on the forum. Some person called me from London saying about my account with btc markets and how to activated. I have no account with them, just a forex account with ic markets that probably did forward my details to them. Both are Australian. The man was insistent asking me to click on the link he sent by email to activate my account. I just said I wouldn't in case of scam. What are the chances that this is scam and if is where to report?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement