Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

With the BTC halving approaching what are peoples thoughts?

Looking at it historically on the past 2, we should see gains after the halving, but my gut feeling tells me otherwise this time around. The greed & fear index is going to bounce around like a yo yo this year trying to flush out any weak hands and there is going to be a lot of manipulation playing on that

I think we will have to wait until 2021 before we see anything north of $10,500-$11,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

https://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ey-and-consensys-present-new-way-for-big-biz-to-use-public-ethereum?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

"It’s time for big business to embrace the public chain – as a coordination tool, rather than as a place to carry out large-scale financial transactions.

That’s the view of a trio of heavy hitters in the enterprise blockchain space: EY, ConsenSys and Microsoft."

"The Baseline Protocol code will be released later this month and a technical steering committee is also being formed which includes EY, Microsoft, Splunk, ConsenSys, MakerDAO, Duke University, ChainLink, Unibright, Envision Blockchain, Neocova, Core Convergence, Provide and W3BCloud"

So as a coordination tool? And not a monetary system..

So where is the utility value in these tokens? Or any of these tokens for that matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    With the BTC halving approaching what are peoples thoughts?

Looking at it historically on the past 2, we should see gains after the halving, but my gut feeling tells me otherwise this time around. The greed & fear index is going to bounce around like a yo yo this year trying to flush out any weak hands and there is going to be a lot of manipulation playing on that

I think we will have to wait until 2021 before we see anything north of $10,500-$11,000

I agree can't see it causing much of a run. If anything I think it's just been priced in slowly over the last couple of months. Having said that I think we could see it within that range this year still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I think we could see a 20% drop from here prior to the halving or just after, but reckon we'll start marching up towards $14,000 before the year is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Think that’s the end of the pre halving dip

Tomorrow is going to probably be like today if not better

NEO is gonna moon, massive whale activity on it last week with huge buy orders

did this happen?

lawred2 wrote: »
    did this happen?

NEO is a long term hold

I think we could see a 20% drop from here prior to the halving or just after, but reckon we'll start marching up towards $14,000 before the year is out.

20% drop would see it go below the 20 Week MA

If that were to happen it wouldnt be a good scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

This might be of interest.
    HTC to launch 5g Router capable of running a Bitcoin Node
    https://cointelegraph.com/news/htc-unveils-privacy-focused-5g-router-than-can-run-a-bitcoin-node

20% drop would see it go below the 20 Week MA

If that were to happen it wouldnt be a good scenario

I think it'll be a temporary scenario while miners dump to fund future mining until pricing catches up.

• Advertisement

WazirX $WRX
    Volume since Thursday is off the charts

Going long on this one, its peanuts at the moment

$MATIC is another one that has huge upside

Some news from France
    https://u.today/bitcoin-btc-now-qualified-as-legal-form-of-money-by-french-authorities

All eyes on bitcoin at the moment, breakout imminent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

WazirX $WRX
    Volume since Thursday is off the charts

Going long on this one, its peanuts at the moment

$MATIC is another one that has huge upside

Some news from France
    https://u.today/bitcoin-btc-now-qualified-as-legal-form-of-money-by-french-authorities

All eyes on bitcoin at the moment, breakout imminent

Pump and dump coins. Those in the know and with the finances adjusting markets as they please.
    Unregulated shïtscape where the majority lose.

4th rejection / fakeout there around $9160, hopefully break and stay above it shortly. Picked up a another few quids with this morning.

Very little support between here and $8100 or so, maybe one last chance before the halving to get in cheap yet.

Very little support between here and $8100 or so, maybe one last chance before the halving to get in cheap yet.

Think another test of $9k is on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Slaughter today! What's this and what are people's expectations for the next few months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

unkel wrote: »
    Slaughter today! What's this and what are people's expectations for the next few months?

No idea, the market seems to be predictably unpredictable. After the Christmas 2013 crazy run, it took over 3 years to recover.

We still haven't hit that "psychological" mark yet, so I guess if nothing happens this year I'll be certainly putting money in by November, trying to preempt it. Again, all pure speculation and guesswork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's down 5-6% and nowhere near previous lows, I'd be praying for much more of a slaughter than that. Outlook just from chatting to people is generally positive, it has a long way to go before people are actually worried about their life choices. Which is what's wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Mass adoption.

Only back to where we were 6 days ago, nothing to worry about. It's all technicals at this point, with a side of manipulation. Majority of retail are buying IMO.

64 days until the halving, feels like Christmas eve to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

COVID-19 was obviously completely unexpected to be an issue to consider but it's definitely one now that will most likely impact everything

• Advertisement

Nice dump there, still going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Arrival wrote: »
    COVID-19 was obviously completely unexpected to be an issue to consider but it's definitely one now that will most likely impact everything

I was expecting money to move from stocks to bitcoin as a safe haven but doesn't appear to be the case this time round. Seems everyone is keeping funds in cash that surely won't last. It's possible we'll see a big bounce as people put the cash into btc now the price is dropping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

jimmii wrote: »
    I was expecting money to move from stocks to bitcoin as a safe haven but doesn't appear to be the case this time round. Seems everyone is keeping funds in cash that surely won't last. It's possible we'll see a big bounce as people put the cash into btc now the price is dropping?

With a recession expected, I was too to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The last of my buybacks has triggered today from my sell out of everything a few weeks ago.

It's strange to see the crypto pile larger, but the FIAT value lower.

I'd pulled everything I had in equities from the market in December, intending to move over to crypto as the main portion of my portfolio outside of pension.

The market signals in the US have been running in conflict with underlying economy for a while and I was expecting a recession.
    I was not expecting the shítstorm of Wuhan and Corona Virus nor the financial stimulus that the US has already started and Europe will be soon.

Interest rate cuts in US will be followed by huge federal spending IMO.
    In Europe we have less scope to cut rates from historic lows, so it will likely be more QE in the medium term.

All those actions will deflate fiat purchasing power faster than anything else bar burning it IMO.

The crypto pile is back, I'm at @90% BTC and 10% alt but will be buying ETH as I can.

The road is going to be rocky from here, but if crypto genuinely is to be adopted as a store of value akin to gold?

It is now that we will see it happen IMO.

Wow, thats a big one

Good call

Sub $8k looks to be on the cards

Yesterday: "looking good, little resistance, could go all the way up"
    Today: "Yup, nice drop, could be the last chance to get in cheap"

:)

Bounced off the $8250

Positive sign

Bought at $8300, double DCA'd.

i think we will still see a sub $8k BTC this year, manipulation will be rampant post halving

• Advertisement

Sfa volume behind that bounce

I’m not hopeful now apart from accumulation from further drops

There’s a CME gap around $7.6k so we might end up going that low

Sfa volume behind that bounce

I’m not hopeful now apart from accumulation from further drops

There’s a CME gap around $7.6k so we might end up going that low

Nice gap above us now as well remember !

Nice gap above us now as well remember !

I’d rather the lower one filled as it will be always hanging over it

Fill it, then accumulate and move upwards and onwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

13000 Bitcoin sold by plus token scammers behind the drop apparently. Once clear it should rally back. They estimate they have around 20k more to get through so expect one or two more of these once we tickle €9-10k again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Just wondering whether anyone here can envisage a time when computer keyboards will come with the bitcoin “symbol”?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Just wondering whether anyone here can envisage a time when computer keyboards will come with the bitcoin “symbol”?

Probably start to be rolled out this year if not already. Not mainstream for 4/5 years yet IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Probably start to be rolled out this year if not already. Not mainstream for 4/5 years yet IMO.

Are we talking an individual “key” or more like the € sign where you’ll need to use the “Alt Gr” plus another one?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Are we talking an individual “key” or more like the € sign where you’ll need to use the “Alt Gr” plus another one?

The latter for now.

With S&P futures down now 4.44%, I don't feel so silly holding Bitcoin through the drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Massive economic crash incoming. Wonder how Bitcoin will react. It'll also probably crash hard in the short term.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Buy the rumour sell the news..

Don't know how true this is.

https://ifpnews.com/saudi-king-either-dead-or-on-his-deathbed-whistleblower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

JJJJNR wrote: »

What impact would that have on the price of shïtcoins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I heard similar on CNN over the weekend.
    Posited that MBS is securing his powerbase before any announcements are made.

With oil taking a hammering ATM too, the safe havens of commodity, gold or cash all being far more volatile than previously it will be an interesting time.

What impact would that have on the price of shïtcoins?

It'll put the bitcoin safe haven theory to test, if it pumps alts will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

It'll put the bitcoin safe haven theory to test, if it pumps alts will follow.

Bitcoin is not a safe haven, it's a risk on asset for now

• Advertisement

Bitcoin is not a safe haven, it's a risk on asset for now

Same as gold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Why is the Bitfinex exchange coin - UNUS SED LEO bucking the market and increasing in value today?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Same as gold

Gold a lot safer right now - btc just following equities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Do people recommend selling and buying back in later.

Gold a lot safer right now - btc just following equities

Bitcoin has outperformed equities for 9/10 years, uncorrelated.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement