Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Eh its over 8 dollars now?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Link could topple BCH if it reaches 8.88.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

cnocbui wrote: »
    Ha, ha - I think you'll find that Grumpy lost his/her/it's virginity some years ago.

Lol, I'm a veteran of 2017. Which is a life time ago in crypto time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Its never wrong to take profits off the table.

Amen to that, i watched my stack of Neo i bought for 1-2€ rise to over 150€ and only cashing in like 10% of it, it would of allowed me to borrow less on my mortgage so yeah take money off the table after huge rises but always keep some to remain in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Link making another charge. Seems like it really wants to hit double figures!

If/when it does what sort of drop would you expect at the first attempt? Do you think it would bounce back to 7-8 or do you think it can crack it and keep moving forward? Would imagine there's a few orders set at ~$10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Link has just overtaken BSV.

The lack of volatility in Bitcoin is terrifying.

9220 every time I look

Yeah its been 9150-9300 for almost a week now! In the long term thats something you want to see but not yet.

Breakout before the 23rd, don't care either which way, just want some movement.

Your chart might be off. You've missed the tips of a few wicks. They're price action too - just on a lower timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I think the lack of volatility in BTC is a good thing long term for it
    It needs some stability before taking it to the next level

I started off at the start of May to take some BTC and play some BTC trades to grow my sats stack during this alt season, in hindsight I would have been better off putting it all into LINK and just let it take off

I'm happy enough with the growth its done anyway considering BTC has been fairly quiet, but thats not going to last forever and at some point all the alts will get traded back into BTC and it should start to rise

Both my sons invested in Link a few months ago and have seen 140% growth in that period. its on a roll but cautious, people are now getting a bit carried away with it and its at times like this you could see a bit of a sell off

Both my sons invested in Link a few months ago and have seen 140% growth in that period. its on a roll but cautious, people are now getting a bit carried away with it and its at times like this you could see a bit of a sell off
    Nice one. Always good to see people making money.

Not carried away yet.

https://twitter.com/lawmaster/status/1283379914612314115

As of this post Link remains under 1% of Total market cap. Plenty of room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Link has just overtaken BSV.

The lack of volatility in Bitcoin is terrifying.

9220 every time I look

I agree. I can't help but feel maybe I'm over emphasising building BTC with my recent Alt season trades in the hope a BTC pump is coming. It seems like a big break up or down is well overdue.

Perhaps its better to cash out Alt season profits to FIAT and sit tight until there is confirmation which way its going.

Whats everyone else doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone hear of TrustSwap?

SkySter wrote: »
    I agree. I can't help but feel maybe I'm over emphasising building BTC with my recent Alt season trades in the hope a BTC pump is coming. It seems like a big break up or down is well overdue.

Perhaps its better to cash out Alt season profits to FIAT and sit tight until there is confirmation which way its going.

Alt season still had a bit to go it seems

BTC dominance is dropping still

This Ripple/VeChain potential partnership could possibly get xrp going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

SkySter wrote: »

Personally I'm not moving anything to BTC or Fiat, just other alts or ETH. Some alts are being used and growing fast now (defi), different from previous runs.

https://defipulse.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

maninasia wrote: »
    Personally I'm not moving anything to BTC or Fiat, just other alts or ETH. Some alts are being used and growing fast now (defi), different from previous runs
    There's no doubt that there will be something lasting to come out of DeFi. However, its too delicate for me. The compound pump was an interesting liquidity bootstrap but its not sustainable.

I see tangible innovation coming out of DeFi but im going to watch from the sidelines. There will be successes thst come out of it but i see that being detached and separate to bitcoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bitcoin is so massively manipulated and is increasingly under more and more institutional control (Grayscale, BAKKT etc) that it may be quite some time before it goes above (and sustains) $10k. Grayscale are apparently purchasing all the newly mined BTC so you've got to wonder why the price is remaining so static.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Hmmm +20% since this post

Incredible how many people seem to have fallen for this.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Incredible how many people seem to have fallen for this.

Bullish

Hmmm +20% since this post

+30% now, supposedly a big exchange announcement coming today

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Idiots

Yea imagine sending your bitcoin to some stranger and thinking its a good idea.

el diablo wrote: »
    Bitcoin is so massively manipulated and is increasingly under more and more institutional control (Grayscale, BAKKT etc) that it may be quite some time before it goes above (and sustains) $10k. Grayscale are apparently purchasing all the newly mined BTC so you've got to wonder why the price is remaining so static.

ya I tend to agree here, anything they can do to keep price at this level or push it lower is a win win for them

There's also the other side of it where the BTC maxis wouldnt mind getting BTC to dump which could put an end to this alt season

BTC has been really quiet the last few weeks and feel like a big candle is imminent

Yea imagine sending your bitcoin to some stranger and thinking its a good idea.
    But they had blue ticks.

BLUE. TICKS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Having said that, given how many prominent accounts were hacked and how many people saw the tweets, doesn't 12.8 bitcoins seem like a pretty low number?

Bob24 wrote: »
    Having said that, given how many prominent accounts were hacked and how many people saw the tweets, doesn't 12.8 bitcoins seem like a pretty low number?

Enough high-profile. Not necessarily hacked - it could be an unhappy ex-employee. Definitely amateur hour though. They could have shorted Tesla, tweeted that they're going private and collected massively.

12.8 is 100k-ish now. It will be worth more in a few months when it moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Enough high-profile. Not necessarily hacked - it could be an unhappy ex-employee. Definitely amateur hour though. They could have shorted Tesla, tweeted that they're going private and collected massively.

12.8 is 100k-ish now. It will be worth more in a few months when it moves.

It does look like a hack - the initial reports from Twitter seem to indicate that social engineering was used to convince some of their staff to change the email addresses associated to the accounts (and then get access to the accounts): https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/15/21326656/twitter-hack-explanation-bitcoin-accounts-employee-tools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I received an email from Zeus capital warning that Chainlink is a scam. I dont think I ever signed up to newsletters from them but they may be partners of another Newsletter I signed up to. Regardless, there might be something to what they say about Chainlink so I thought I'd post it here seeing as some posters have invested in Link.

The email reads:
    Dear Valued Investor,

Zeus Capital, the asset management firm and activist investor, has published an extensive report on LINK, Chainlink’s proprietary token, making a clear case why investors should exit long positions in this cryptocurrency, as the inflated price is enormously out of sync with the company’s dressed-up appearance and shaky fundamentals.

The report unveils severe discrepancies between the token’s intrinsic value of USD 0.07 and its current market price of USD 8.50, revealing downside risk in excess of 99%.

After having performed an in-depth research of Chainlink, Zeus Capital has built a very strong conviction that the company, its product, and the LINK token are a near-complete fraud.

Here are the key takeaways of the short sale thesis:

There is abundant evidence of market manipulation with traits of classic “pump and dump” techniques, such as trading on inside information, front-running the general public, unsubstantiated claims of progress, artificial transactions to imitate adoption, bogus partnerships announcements, and any other trick in the book to drive up the price prior to dumping LINK onto innocent investors.

The two founders behind Chainlink, are constantly selling LINK from their vast reserves into the market, as well as at a substantial discount from the current price to selected institutions over-the-counter (OTC), thus incentivizing purchasers to lock in profits by quickly selling it further, creating an inevitable downward spiral.

LINK’s characteristics, such as the lack of a functional decentralized ecosystem, combined with recent decisions by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), leave no doubt that LINK will be classified as a security token, thereby putting the whole enterprise and the investors at substantial risk of anything from dealing in unregistered securities to court orders for the disgorgement of proceeds.

LINK’s tokenomics model is broken with an inherent conflict of interest between holders, clients, and the founding team with regards to the pricing of LINK - we have no doubt that a clash and a crash are imminent.
    The people behind the project are a handful, mostly remote, part-time consultants, focused on marketing and community building with very little professional and/or leadership experience. It begs the question of how an overdressed oracle-development project could justify a market cap in excess of $2.75 billion while purporting made-up progress with almost no IT software developers on its staff and fronting business operations out of a co-working space.

Chainlink’s service offering is prohibitively expensive and it makes no economic sense for companies to adopt its oracle solutions. MakerDAO, UniSwap, Compound, etc. are internally-developing alternatives, which will eventually render the promise of LINK obsolete.

The few software developers associated with the project are making frequent but cosmetic changes to the code in a never-ending product beta, while executives who previously took the bait are either fleeing the project or trying to avoid association with it.

Three independent valuation methods suggest that the token is massively overpriced, as its intrinsic value is estimated to be in the 0.05 to 0.20 USD range at best.

Access the Full Investigative Report on Why Chainlink is the Crypto’s Wirecard.

Warning.
    In the email I received I did not click on the Link below which was in my email. In my email the Link title read Chainlink Fraud Exposed but the URL pasted below appears differently.
    https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30337332/chainlink.docsend.com?p=eyJzIjoiZUsyTFFDQVVGMUl3Y1kyLWZTa2RFVE96aTJzIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDMzNzMzMixcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NoYWlubGluay5kb2NzZW5kLmNvbVxcXC92aWV3XFxcL25mcnZueXV1enJmMmQ1dmFcIixcImlkXCI6XCIxODEzNGNmY2E5Y2Y0OGVmOGIwOThjMzU2ZTNlZTE1YlwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcImU5MDg4Y2M0NTllZjJmM2FiZmIwZDJlMDJiY2Y3Y2MyYzg3ZDk2ODZcIl19In0

I saw that too. I would give it more credence if it did not contain spelling errors, the company being created relatively recently and trying to rip off an existing finance business, and then lie about dates for things (missed deadlines for things that have already occurred).
    I received an email from Zeus capital warning that Chainlink is a scam
    Did you get an email or was that copypasta? You are not the first person to say that.
    I would be interested to see how a mailing list was obtained.

I saw that too. I would give it more credence if it did not contain spelling errors, the company being created relatively recently and trying to rip off an existing finance business, and then lie about dates for things (missed deadlines for things that have already occurred).

Did you get an email or was that copypasta? You are not the first person to say that.

I received an email and copied and pasted the wording into my previous post.

I would like to know how they got my email address also because I only use it to communicate with one Company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Seems to be old news. This article is from September last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2019/09/10/chainlink-cryptocurrency-trading-shows-signs-of-pump-and-dump-scam/amp/

Bob24 wrote: »
    It does look like a hack - the initial reports from Twitter seem to indicate that social engineering was used to convince some of their staff to change the email addresses associated to the accounts (and then get access to the accounts): https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/15/21326656/twitter-hack-explanation-bitcoin-accounts-employee-tools
    Does anyone know if this holds up?
    https://twitter.com/coinbureau/status/1283779437201444864?s=20

+130% this morning

+130% this morning

190% now, these DeFi coins are explosive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It doesn't. It's a fan/shill of Monero sending transactions to the hacker address to advertise what they should be using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

190% now, these DeFi coins are explosive

How/where are DeFi coins bought?

• Advertisement

Arrival wrote: »
    They can be bought or farmed.

Farming is probably more profitable than stacking sats but less secure and much tougher.

Arrival wrote: »

Depends on the coin really, bigger ones are probably on Binance, I picked up trustswap on uniswap using metamask

Compound is on Coinbase and Crypto.com.

A good resource for info on Defi is www.defipulse.com

Brave Browser has partnered with Gemini Exchange to integrate the exchange into the Browser.
    https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2020/07/crypto-powered-brave-browser-integrates-crypto-exchange-gemini/

Will this affect Bat's price?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

I received an email from Zeus capital warning that Chainlink is a scam. I dont think I ever signed up to newsletters from them but they may be partners of another Newsletter I signed up to. Regardless, there might be something to what they say about Chainlink so I thought I'd post it here seeing as some posters have invested in Link.

The email reads:
    Dear Valued Investor,

Zeus Capital, the asset management firm and activist investor, has published an extensive report on LINK, Chainlink’s proprietary token, making a clear case why investors should exit long positions in this cryptocurrency, as the inflated price is enormously out of sync with the company’s dressed-up appearance and shaky fundamentals.

The report unveils severe discrepancies between the token’s intrinsic value of USD 0.07 and its current market price of USD 8.50, revealing downside risk in excess of 99%.

After having performed an in-depth research of Chainlink, Zeus Capital has built a very strong conviction that the company, its product, and the LINK token are a near-complete fraud.

Here are the key takeaways of the short sale thesis:

There is abundant evidence of market manipulation with traits of classic “pump and dump” techniques, such as trading on inside information, front-running the general public, unsubstantiated claims of progress, artificial transactions to imitate adoption, bogus partnerships announcements, and any other trick in the book to drive up the price prior to dumping LINK onto innocent investors.

The two founders behind Chainlink, are constantly selling LINK from their vast reserves into the market, as well as at a substantial discount from the current price to selected institutions over-the-counter (OTC), thus incentivizing purchasers to lock in profits by quickly selling it further, creating an inevitable downward spiral.

LINK’s characteristics, such as the lack of a functional decentralized ecosystem, combined with recent decisions by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), leave no doubt that LINK will be classified as a security token, thereby putting the whole enterprise and the investors at substantial risk of anything from dealing in unregistered securities to court orders for the disgorgement of proceeds.

LINK’s tokenomics model is broken with an inherent conflict of interest between holders, clients, and the founding team with regards to the pricing of LINK - we have no doubt that a clash and a crash are imminent.
    The people behind the project are a handful, mostly remote, part-time consultants, focused on marketing and community building with very little professional and/or leadership experience. It begs the question of how an overdressed oracle-development project could justify a market cap in excess of $2.75 billion while purporting made-up progress with almost no IT software developers on its staff and fronting business operations out of a co-working space.

Chainlink’s service offering is prohibitively expensive and it makes no economic sense for companies to adopt its oracle solutions. MakerDAO, UniSwap, Compound, etc. are internally-developing alternatives, which will eventually render the promise of LINK obsolete.

The few software developers associated with the project are making frequent but cosmetic changes to the code in a never-ending product beta, while executives who previously took the bait are either fleeing the project or trying to avoid association with it.

Three independent valuation methods suggest that the token is massively overpriced, as its intrinsic value is estimated to be in the 0.05 to 0.20 USD range at best.

Access the Full Investigative Report on Why Chainlink is the Crypto’s Wirecard.

Warning.
    In the email I received I did not click on the Link below which was in my email. In my email the Link title read Chainlink Fraud Exposed but the URL pasted below appears differently.
    https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30337332/chainlink.docsend.com?p=eyJzIjoiZUsyTFFDQVVGMUl3Y1kyLWZTa2RFVE96aTJzIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDMzNzMzMixcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NoYWlubGluay5kb2NzZW5kLmNvbVxcXC92aWV3XFxcL25mcnZueXV1enJmMmQ1dmFcIixcImlkXCI6XCIxODEzNGNmY2E5Y2Y0OGVmOGIwOThjMzU2ZTNlZTE1YlwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcImU5MDg4Y2M0NTllZjJmM2FiZmIwZDJlMDJiY2Y3Y2MyYzg3ZDk2ODZcIl19In0

$link.png

Brave Browser has partnered with Gemini Exchange to integrate the exchange into the Browser.
    https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2020/07/crypto-powered-brave-browser-integrates-crypto-exchange-gemini/

Will this affect Bat's price?

I noticed since today the brave rewards look to have decreased by 10 fold

I generally got 0.5 BAT for an ad watch, now its 0.05BAT

• Advertisement

VTHO now available to trade on Binance

Up 67% today, have a few of them from staking but I wont be retiring on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    VTHO now available to trade on Binance

Up 67% today, have a few of them from staking but I wont be retiring on it

Noticed that alrite, missed the initial pump unfortunately, have a gandhi load of these, and I dunno I find Bat on Brave very good, I got 50 Bat throughout July, I only know cause I sent it to coinbase earlier today.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I noticed since today the brave rewards look to have decreased by 10 fold

I generally got 0.5 BAT for an ad watch, now its 0.05BAT

I haven't even received any ads or earnings this month and I also noticed they moved the decimal point to 0.005. :rolleyes:

I finally got my Uphold account verified and I noticed that a bunch of my BAT went missing in the transition from Brave wallet to Uphold. I'm beginning to lose trust in this project.

el diablo wrote: »
    I haven't even received any ads or earnings this month and I also noticed they moved the decimal point to 0.005. :rolleyes:

I finally got my Uphold account verified and I noticed that a bunch of my BAT went missing in the transition from Brave wallet to Uphold. I'm beginning to lose trust in this project.

Maybe it has been moved to the Gemini Wallet. Going by the article I posted previously Gemini replaces Uphold.

Maybe it has been moved to the Gemini Wallet. Going by the article I posted previously Gemini replaces Uphold.

No they're still using Uphold and I haven't heard anything about them moving to Gemini. Their customer service seems to be completely useless so there's no point even questioning them about my missing BAT.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement