Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jimmii wrote: »
    This is painful

what about Binance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    what about Binance?

I've been onto support for answers but will go with binance tonight if I don't hear from them.

Link is definitely making up for it this in insane!

What are peoples thoughts about hitting $20? You would have thought once it hit $10 there would have been a lot of sell orders but it seemed to just smash right through! Think we'll see the same at $20 as new money comes in and quickly sweeps up all the sell orders that have been set at that point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Link is definitely making up for it this in insane!

What are peoples thoughts about hitting $20? You would have thought once it hit $10 there would have been a lot of sell orders but it seemed to just smash right through! Think we'll see the same at $20 as new money comes in and quickly sweeps up all the sell orders that have been set at that point?

I'm not holding any unfortunately :o , but I regret telling someone here a while back who had been in it since 20 or 30 cents to be cautious and take some profits when it was 8 dollars and that they'd be foolish to turn their nose up at x40 gains.

I'm sure if they had sense they ignored me anyhow. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I'm not holding any unfortunately :o , but I regret telling someone here a while back who had been in it since 20 or 30 cents to be cautious and take some profits when it was 8 dollars and that they'd be foolish to turn their nose up at x40 gains.

I'm sure if they had sense they ignored me anyhow. :D
    That person was me, sold at $7.20....hindsight is a fantastic thing

• Advertisement

snapped up some $WAVES and $ALGO last night

The staking with $ALGO is compounding aswell which is better than some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

cherrytaz wrote: »
    That person was me, sold at $7.20....hindsight is a fantastic thing

It still was a great profit, you didn’t do so bad securing it :-)

Hard to tell how far this thing can go, but at this stage it is already half the market cap of XRP and if this is passed the only challengers left will be ETH and BTC.

It can go higher alright but I’d say at some point the music will have to stop playing ... and when it happens those who don’t react quickly enough might face an epic pullback (the chart reminds me of XRP in Jan 2018).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

snapped up some $WAVES and $ALGO last night

The staking with $ALGO is compounding aswell which is better than some

Have you looked at XIO? Staking rewards are paid out up front in the erc20 token of your choice. Your staked amount is locked up in a smart contract for the length of time you choose with rewards varying depending on the length of time you choose to stake for.

Eth is taking a big ride now!

Green&Red wrote: »
    Is chainlink stabilising now around the €11 mark?
    If it’s to hit the $20 mark predicted by coin bureau then it makes sense that it would

Any chance of trying this trick again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hex2t mainnet coming in August, lots of excitement around this one.
    Gonna predict good returns as long as this market continues

+300% in 3 weeks!

We're in a massive bull market lads, make hay

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

Bob24 wrote: »
    It still was a great profit, you didn’t do so bad securing it :-)

Hard to tell how far this thing can go, but at this stage it is already half the market cap of XRP and if this is passed the only challengers left will be ETH and BTC.

It can go higher alright but I’d say at some point the music will have to stop playing ... and when it happens those who don’t react quickly enough might face an epic pullback (the chart reminds me of XRP in Jan 2018).

Link will go to 100 at least in this market. Probably take a slight dip in the next few days as Bitcoin goes to 14k

Hex2t mainnet coming in August, lots of excitement around this one.
    Gonna predict good returns as long as this market continues

What's so special about this one? Tbh I've never heard of it before and it's an untracked listing on CMC. I was however able to view it on coingecko and it seems to be available more or less only on uniswap.

It doesn't show circulating supply, but total supply is shown as 250 billion, which at the current price gives a market cap of $50M, seems a little overpriced to me for something I haven't heard of.

What's so special about this one? Tbh I've never heard of it before and it's an untracked listing on CMC. I was however able to view it on coingecko and it seems to be available more or less only on uniswap.

It doesn't show circulating supply, but total supply is shown as 250 billion, which at the current price gives a market cap of $50M, seems a little overpriced to me for something I haven't heard of.

It is in presale currently and aims to take over from HEX which has dropped from a price of .006 to .002 over the last couple of weeks. Hex2T is currently priced at .0002

Axion.network is their website to find out more.

Edit: Detail below from Jeff Kirdeikis who is a founder of TrustSwap and Uptrennd. This was shared on 24th July.

Hex2T has JUST rebranded into Axion, and the mainnet is about one month away. In response, the price is just starting a fresh new breakout and is soon to enter "blue sky price-discovery mode". As you know, I don't get behind many projects, but this is one I really stand behind and see very realistic short-term and long-term gains ahead.

What's the TLDR?
    - Axion is a currency that provides the most profitable (and sustainable) staking rewards that I have ever seen in crypto.
    - They have implemented a system where they will be doing potentially millions of dollars DAILY in token buybacks, which is legitimately going to continuously push the price up.
    - It's a decentralized ecosystem, where the community votes on governance.
    - It's a currency where your purchasing power increases by simply being a part of the system, unlike FIAT, where a savings account won't even keep pace with inflation.

I see some mega potential with Axion (ticker currently Hex2T until mainnet transition). But I'll keep this short.

In my opinion, a 5X by end of August is a very easy and realistic target here.

For comparison: Hex has a marketcap of 1.1 BILLION.
    Axion took the Hex framework of Certificates of Deposit and made it better in every way. Current marketcap of Axion is 8 Million. That's a 137X to go on par.

With the mass exit from hex coming this november from "Big Pay Day", I legitimately see Axion flipping Hex within the next four months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sitting on a pile of stablecoin for the last few weeks after some profit-taking.

Unfortunately I had no skin in the recent runs at all.
    Now the buy backs are set, but some of the performance over the last few weeks has really blown them away.
    One thing I have learned on the rocky road of crypto tho?
    Is a profit is a profit, that's always good! Don't after time.
    Bulls are great, but buying on the rise isn't always the clever move. Someone is always left holding the ATH bag.
    Patience!
    Always be patient, there really is no greater leveller IME than actually being patient.
    If you set a buy or a sell, set it because that's your limit and don't second guess yourself or after time yourself on selling before a run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

banie01 wrote: »
    Always be patient, there really is no greater leveller IME than actually being patient.

100%. There are so many people who are not.

Lots of price action in recent weeks - but a lot of it is unsustainable. I'm specifically talking about DeFi tokens. I firmly believe that tangible projects will emerge from it. However, I also believe that some of the ones with the major gains in recent weeks are completely unsustainable (the whole 'yield farming' deal). Then we had $500 million pour into Yam Finance despite a warning saying that the code had not been fully reviewed - and sure enough there was a bug in the code.

100%. There are so many people who are not.

Lots of price action in recent weeks - but a lot of it is unsustainable. I'm specifically talking about DeFi tokens. I firmly believe that tangible projects will emerge from it. However, I also believe that some of the ones with the major gains in recent weeks are completely unsustainable (the whole 'yield farming' deal). Then we had $500 million pour into Yam Finance despite a warning saying that the code had not been fully reviewed - and sure enough there was a bug in the code.

The worst thing I seen on Telegram recently was someone saying how they were moving out of AMPL (despite having already made losses) and into YAM. :eek:

Out of the frying pan and into the fire :D

Out of the frying pan and into the fire :D
    Here's an 'explainer' of how DeFi works that I came across yesterday.:D

LINK

(It's a little bit cruel as there are some tangible things to come out of it...but Yams should not be one of them!).

what about Binance?

Fiiiiinally got some! Got to say swipe support is not great. Seemed fine on chat then they followed up today with an email with links to two different questions unfortunately it was the same link and answered neither question! So instead spent the few minutes remembering how to depsoit on to binance and got it sorted with them.

Be interesting to hear how others get on with swipe support if they need to use them.

Picked up some more SXP on that dip
    Still @ $4 so depending how much alcohol I drink later I might buy more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Picked up some more SXP on that dip
    Still @ $4 so depending how much alcohol I drink later I might buy more

Dumped mine last night and bought ETH then Sand after the ICO....:D:D

Not a bad oul Friday but watching Sand as it could lose 600% in minutes! I'll be back in SXP soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Bit of pull back on SXP I wasn't sure if it was mission abort, but I will hang on and see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dante7 wrote: »

Lovely!
    I have @60BNB on CryptoEarn at the moment that will be moved back on to binance then :)

Lift off again! Will we be testing $20 today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lift off again! Will we be testing $20 today?

Still charging away, above €16.50 now

Green&Red wrote: »
    Still charging away, above €16.50 now

It took a little nap this afternoon because it knew it had a busy evening lined up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Big old resistance line at 19.953 usd.
    Seems to have landed just below it too.
    There might be a retrace before Mr Portnoy resorts to shilling it live again.
    Does anyone wonder if it will repeat the Neo or Eth pattern?

Dipped into Orchard oxt yesterday evening made nice gains!

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »

Nicely timed!

Link will go to 100 at least in this market. Probably take a slight dip in the next few days as Bitcoin goes to 14k

It is possible and I might be losing out, but this is not a bet I am willing to make. Both the price action and the herd psychology are getting very close to XRP’s when it was heading to the moon before losing 90% of its value. Not saying it can’t go higher, but the longer this lasts the quicker/stronger a subsequent correction will be, and I don’t want to take the risk of going in just before that event.

A little bit of encouragement from fintweet’s favourite ;-)

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1294449526820962305?s=21

A little bit of encouragement from fintweet’s favourite ;-)

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1294449526820962305?s=21

Ben Askren getting excited by btc going up a couple of hundred lol! New people coming in off the back Portnoy are going to get some shock when we have a 10% drop.

Nicely timed!

Nope seen it dip and I sold but it really gained after that...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I woke in the middle of the night and saw orchard at 60% grabbed 100 of them. Glad to see it kept going to 200%

• Advertisement

I woke in the middle of the night and saw orchard at 60% grabbed 100 of them. Glad to see it kept going to 200%

Feck sake thought sxp was finished it's dip but it went way down when I purchased!!! Has it much steam left? I'd jump back in again if it was...

$OMG on a charge and by the look of it a good bit more to go

Caught some $WAVES last 24hrs. Some big news expected this week

Feck sake thought sxp was finished it's dip but it went way down when I purchased!!! Has it much steam left? I'd jump back in again if it was...

I put in orders yesterday all the way down to $3.20

All filled and waiting for the next leg up

Not long now

$OMG on a charge and by the look of it a good bit more to go

Caught some $WAVES last 24hrs. Some big news expected this week

Read the same about Waves but I can't be bothered transferring back to Binance again..

It is possible and I might be losing out, but this is not a bet I am willing to make. Both the price action and the herd psychology are getting very close to XRP’s when it was heading to the moon before losing 90% of its value. Not saying it can’t go higher, but the longer this lasts the quicker/stronger a subsequent correction will be, and I don’t want to take the risk of going in just before that event.

wasnt that XRP pump at the very end of the last bull run?

we are only getting into the beginning of this one that could take 1.5 - 2yrs

IMO , LINK has a long way to go

• Advertisement

wasnt that XRP pump at the very end of the last bull run?

we are only getting into the beginning of this one that could take 1.5 - 2yrs

IMO , LINK has a long way to go

Yes the last one. But LINK already is top 4 in terms of market cap (excluding Tether) and more than half the market cap of XRP. To make significant gains relative to the rest of the market it now needs to challenge the very big boys.

How far do you see it going relative to XRP, ETH, or BTC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

I think the mystic Meg chart readers suggest SXP drop to 22k before heading to 53k.

Actually just see an update on that prediction 29k was the bottom before heading to 53k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Was tempted awhile back, but that circulating vs max supply ratio is something awful

Was surprised at how "low" it was sitting despite having a CB listing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Was tempted awhile back, but that circulating vs max supply ratio is something awful

It looks like a 10x target for each level of investors.
    The first are out at $1.
    The next are out at $3.
    Then $5.

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Yep looks to have settled down down but lovely gains from OMG since yesterday!

Yes the last one. But LINK already is top 4 in terms of market cap (excluding Tether) and more than half the market cap of XRP. To make significant gains relative to the rest of the market it now needs to challenge the very big boys.

How far do you see it going relative to XRP, ETH, or BTC?

I think it could challenge XRP soon for its no 3 spot unless XRP makes a move

ETH is still huge and this next bull run could see it cement its #2, who knows

The partnerships LINK has are excellent

I'm certainly not selling any for a while

$WAVES is making a nice run at moment, picked some up @ $2.7 and $3.5 over the weekend, lets see what the week brings on this news

I think it could challenge XRP soon for its no 3 spot unless XRP makes a move

ETH is still huge and this next bull run could see it cement its #2, who knows

The partnerships LINK has are excellent

I'm certainly not selling any for a while

$WAVES is making a nice run at moment, picked some up @ $2.7 and $3.5 over the weekend, lets see what the week brings on this news

Yeah we are more or less on the same page in terms of the growth potential - I see it as possibly challenging XRP (assuming XRP itself is stable vs the rest of the market) and going somewhat higher, but far from challenging ETH.

But then the way I look at it is that if things go quite well the upside is a 2x to 3x increase versus the rest of the market.

This would be good alright, but even if that was to be achieved the best days are behind us.

And more importantly, given the parabolic move of the past few weeks there is a massive amount of speculation and FOMO built into the price. This type of situation usually won't just stabilise nicely. It tends to resolve with a blow-off top followed by an epic correction (this is where it reminds me of XRP back in the days).

So my view of the situation is that while it might be possible to ride the bull run for another while, the risk of a sharp reversal is getting closer every day, with a very large downwards potential when it happens (i.e. going in today is not for the faint hearted).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

Feel like SXP can't go much lower than this, touched $3 few minutes ago during Bitcoin pump. Would be nice $$ to make in the next few days I would think buying at this price, but i'm holding this long term. Don't have a big bag though.

TBH I hope this is a huge correction coming for Link because I would like to get a 1k stack before it really kicks off.

Good sign alts are taking a huge dip on this BTC run too..

CASINOCOIN anyone?

BTC making a move ... +4% in the past 4 hours.

Nothing crazy but a bit of action at last.

BTC making a move ... +4% in the past 4 hours.

Nothing crazy but a bit of action at last.

All the action I'll ever need! :D It's up 70% year to date and around 200% on its March low.
    CASINOCOIN anyone?
    I know nothing about it but sounds like a bit of a gamble?

I'll get my coat..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement