Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Analyzing risk in DeFi:

Founded by a real person, run by a company registered in a western country, built something unique, 3-30% APR: safe-ish

Founded by an anonymous panda, copy-pasted code, 500+% APR: don't touch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ugh, ETH is collapsing, thought we were on a run there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Link <$10 carnage everywhere this week!

Just by pure luck with the timing, I caught some upwards movement with Sushi and Curve last week before I bailed. I was happy with myself and some gains.

Then this week happened...

1B03zGF.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Got out of yfii in time but I never thought ETH would have fallen like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Okay Lex and Truckermal, I'm ready to buy more. Please advise on whats good these days :pac:

I've got some buy orders in for Link just filled

iirc, during the last bull run there were at least 10 retracements of 20/30/40% of BTC on the way from the bottom to the top

This is the 2nd since the halving? So expect a lot more and this is probably a 2-3yr bull run as they seem to get longer each time

SO strap in and enjoy the ride and have your plan ready

it looks like aswell that you can setup an ERC20 token in 5 mins.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I've got some buy orders in for Link just filled

Me too, a ball of CRO I had set a few weeks ago for optimistic prices just went in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Whelo79 wrote: »

I sold it all so I could focus on the product and not the price. That’s what Charlie Lee said when he sold all his Litecoin at the top of the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Yfi is still holding up.

A lot of coins are testing support on major levels now, fwiw.
    Link/usdt on Binance showing big buy volume: this might be the first sign of price stabilising, with a move after the 6th. I've bought some btc and sxp here and might buy more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

might get involved in Dot now, waiting for the price to fall further. Mr Sushi will have the wolves after him, foolish move, no matter how he tries to paint it, he did no favours for eth at all too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

These flits in prices only matter to daytraders. My major disappointment with this is he was outed as the possible price-mover, we could have done with another nuclear winter for the starry-eyed hopefuls, to teach them a lesson. Show the new entrants what $3k BTC feels like and they'll learn patience or get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

grindle wrote: »
    These flits in prices only matter to daytraders. My major disappointment with this is he was outed as the possible price-mover, we could have done with another nuclear winter for the starry-eyed hopefuls, to teach them a lesson. Show the new entrants what $3k BTC feels like and they'll learn patience or get out.

Yep. And TBH while it might damage the image of crypto in the very short term, a few people getting rekt particularly with some of the latest DeFi projects offering mad yields might be a good thing to bring back some sanity in this space.

SUSHI pumping again :D

It was 99 cent at 6am this morning when I was up for a Coffee I didn't have the balls to buy as it could have been 9 cent at Breakfast time..

Truckermal wrote: »
    It was 99 cent at 6am this morning when I was up for a Coffee I didn't have the balls to buy as it could have been 9 cent at Breakfast time..

Exactly, how could anyone go near it after the last few days? Between its own controversy and the fates of some of the other memecoins and their bagholders lately, many will understandably be staying clear of the likes of SUSHI.

Still, it's bonkers to watch unfold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Axion (Hex2T) audit complete by Hacken. Started Monday, finished yesterday. That's hopefully a good sign.

https://twitter.com/axion_network/status/1301691919001550848?s=19

I done the whole meta wallet bit and bought 1/2 ETH worth of hex2T. Do I need to do anything now.

I see mention of swapping hex for Axion to be staked for a year but no idea of when or where that happens?

Exactly, how could anyone go near it after the last few days? Between its own controversy and the fates of some of the other memecoins and their bagholders lately, many will understandably be staying clear of the likes of SUSHI.

Still, it's bonkers to watch unfold.
    People still buy LTC after Charlie Lee dumped on them in 2017.

I done the whole meta wallet bit and bought 1/2 ETH worth of hex2T. Do I need to do anything now.

I see mention of swapping hex for Axion to be staked for a year but no idea of when or where that happens?

When mainnet launches in a couple of weeks you swap your HEX2T for AXN. Nothing else required. You don't have to stake if you don't wish. The 12 month mandatory staking is for holders of HEX not HEX2T.

• Advertisement

Rumours about that $BAND was involved in the @sushiswap scam

Rumours about that $BAND was involved in the @sushiswap scam
    Is this Linkmarines FUDding Band or does it have legs?

Is this Linkmarines FUDding Band or does it have legs?

its a bit suss being listed on binance days after it was setup for free

anybody pick up those $10 Links in the last 24hrs?

thanks to all those sellers who filled my orders that I had open for weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I picked up a lot at good link/Cro rate and another smaller bag at @$12.
    Sitting on buy orders for weeks, thought BTC would dip low enough to trigger a few buys too, but alas not yet.

Chainlink must be made of rubber with the way its bounced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Just remember these are the same links that were $4 a few weeks ago.

I would expect BTC to retrace back to about 9.6-9.7k before it’s next leg up

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »

And the other rubber $BAND is about to snap after eating too much sushi

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

And the other rubber $BAND is about to snap after eating too much sushi

I don't fully understand the link between both. Is this just a case of guilty by association? If so, wont the fallout just be short term?

mdmix wrote: »
    I don't fully understand the link between both. Is this just a case of guilty by association? If so, wont the fallout just be short term?

it seems there is a link between BAND & SUSHI and also between the guy who setup SUSHI & CZ Binance and also Justin Tron

the sushi token was basically setup and on the binance exchange within days of its creation which is very rare and apparently also for free

it seems there is a link between BAND & SUSHI and also between the guy who setup SUSHI & CZ Binance and also Justin Tron

the sushi token was basically setup and on the binance exchange within days of its creation which is very rare and apparently also for free

Well fcuk me pink one would never have thought! I couldn't figure why TRX was pumping all week..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Where’s this rumour that Justin Sun is involved in sushi?

He’s my favourite crypto scammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Just remember these are the same links that were $4 a few weeks ago.

Yeah the current dip is nothing yet.

• Advertisement

Just threw a bit of $OMG on the grill and watch it slow heat up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

it seems there is a link between BAND & SUSHI

Has that been proven? I saw no actual evidence of it - seems to be rumour started by LINK maxis on Twitter.

Nice article dropped on Axion over the last few hours

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/the-axion-network-offers-investors-a-high-yield-crypto-alternative-to-traditional-cds-1029575157

Posted across multiple sites, Yahoo Finance, Digital Journal, Business Insider and a good few others. Hopefully it helps ramp up investors in the lead up to the main net launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Nice article dropped on Axion over the last few hours

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/the-axion-network-offers-investors-a-high-yield-crypto-alternative-to-traditional-cds-1029575157

Posted across multiple sites, Yahoo Finance, Digital Journal, Business Insider and a good few others. Hopefully it helps ramp up investors in the lead up to the main net launch.

That's a press release though,right?

That's a press release though,right?

It is yeah, it's a pretty good one and it's good to get that info out there to as many places as possible.

• Advertisement

Axion related post again, this is a new article on Forbes. Axion is the only crypto to be name checked from what I read.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nealtaparia/2020/09/11/3-areas-of-crypto-development-for-budding-entrepreneurs/#4b3ade1f4f7d

Axion related post again, this is a new article on Forbes. Axion is the only crypto to be name checked from what I read.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nealtaparia/2020/09/11/3-areas-of-crypto-development-for-budding-entrepreneurs/#4b3ade1f4f7d

Just an opinion piece, not the views of Forbes.

FYI...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

FYI...
    I don't want to be a wet blanket but Forbes relies heavily on guest contributions - and PR companies ghost write articles for clients and pitch them to Forbes (among other publications - although not all publications are susceptible to this) every day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Hi all,

I have been thinking for the last few months that I want to invest into bitcoin. Just wondering the best 'exchange' to use(complete novice) as I have never set up any of these before. I more than likely won't be selling this so do I then download the bitcoin into a wallet?
    Any beginners videos on YouTube that I should watch?

Also do I use Degiro/Binance or Coinbase or does it matter?

FYI...

And why does that matter? It's the coverage that is being put out there that is relevant right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been thinking for the last few months that I want to invest into bitcoin. Just wondering the best 'exchange' to use(complete novice) as I have never set up any of these before. I more than likely won't be selling this so do I then download the bitcoin into a wallet?

Brand new? I'd stick with Coinbase. Buy €20 worth to get a feel for it. Download Coinbase pro and get used to trading (market trades which just sell right away for the current price, versus limit trades which allow you to set a price you are happy to buy/sell at).

That way you can get a good idea of how things work without risking losing a lot by clicking a wrong button.

I'll PM you a link for Coinbase.

Once you get a feel for it, look into doing a SEPA transfer from your bank. It takes a few days to arrive but is free. Buying on Visa via Coinbase costs a bit extra.

Brand new? I'd stick with Coinbase. Buy €20 worth to get a feel for it. Download Coinbase pro and get used to trading (market trades which just sell right away for the current price, versus limit trades which allow you to set a price you are happy to buy/sell at).

That way you can get a good idea of how things work without risking losing a lot by clicking a wrong button.

I'll PM you a link for Coinbase.

Once you get a feel for it, look into doing a SEPA transfer from your bank. It takes a few days to arrive but is free. Buying on Visa via Coinbase costs a bit extra.
    Coinbase fees are *very* high compared to other sites.
    It makes it easy by sacrificing price.
    You will be better off on Binance or Crypto.com tbqh.

I know how Forbes.com works, and why does that matter? It's the coverage that is being put out there that is relevant right now.

It matters because everyone else knows how Forbes works too. Doesn’t matter what contributors say, people still do their DD.

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I use kraken

Ffs another bs token just listed on Binance

$BURGER

Ba$tard son of $Sushi

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement