Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

jimmii wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if there was something like a €BRDS one day!

well we do have pot coin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm just waiting for Paddy pintmans to launch a hostile 51% takeover of our JHN coin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I'm just waiting for Paddy pintmans to launch a hostile 51% takeover of our JHN coin.

If that lad or the other lad are involved there's no doubt but where the project will fall down is with the unbearable gas fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Axion testnet is live if anyone wants to do some bounty hunting.

We are live on Testnet at
    https://axiondev.rocknblock.io/

To receive HEX2T tokens:
    send Ropsten Ethers to the Ropsten address 0xcc8c88cF7c74faCF31D3425E5c92cF2D0F26732D
    In return from the transaction, you will receive test HEX2T tokens

To receive your Testnet HEX2T freeclaim:
    1. Go to
    https://ropsten.etherscan.io/address/0xAc2D30AE28Ac43b90031aC39defbBd8C562470B4

2. Click the "Contract" button, next to "Transactions"

3. in the Write Contract subsection, click Connect to Web3, and the connect Metamask wallet

4. find the Mint function, enter your address in the account, in amount - the amount of tokens (you must enter with decimals)

5. Press Write, sign the transaction - get test HEX2T

Bug bounty form is now live:
    https://forms.gle/P9zy1YutwbN3fdKk6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

next coins to come will be $SANTA, $ELF & $RUDOLPH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    next coins to come will be $SANTA, $ELF & $RUDOLPH

Why does Santa have such big sacks?

Because he only comes once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Binance no longer support staking of SXP, effective immediately - announcement via twitter. Sign of a fallout? Im hearing there's issues with cash back on their (SXP) cards too

https://twitter.com/binance/status/1311644571663831041?s=20

Why does Santa have such big sacks?

Because he only comes once a year.

Because he bought XRP at $3.20 in January 2018?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

There hasn't been much reaction in the market to the bitmex news.
    Could this be a good thing for the market anyway, bitmex was one of many bad players. May as well get rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Pretty in-depth piece on everybody's fave shítcoin scammer through here, none of it surprising:

https://twitter.com/bramcohen/status/1311360099680579584
    Bram's the creator of BitTorrent

grindle wrote: »
    Pretty in-depth piece on everybody's fave shítcoin scammer through here, none of it surprising:

https://twitter.com/bramcohen/status/1311360099680579584
    Bram's the creator of BitTorrent

He really is a can of shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I jumped through hoops following a twitter account and doing some stuff in Telegram the other night for some free sh1tcoins after a post on here but I never got anything, anyone know whats going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Thargor wrote: »
    I jumped through hoops following a twitter account and doing some stuff in Telegram the other night for some free sh1tcoins after a post on here but I never got anything, anyone know whats going on there?

You wasted your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Apparently you will get them 30th Oct. Not going to happen though. Just a scam to get people buying the token sale.

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Apparently you will get them 30th Oct. Not going to happen though. Just a scam to get people buying the token sale.

You might get them. Only they will be worthless by the time you do; and that’s after you 1) promoted the shïtcoin for free as you’ve a vested interest in it, 2) hopefully have given the founders Bitcoin or Eth for worthless coins during the presale.

It’s a simple scam wrapped up in complex jargon about defi, banning the unbanked, and other hopium.

What are yer thoughts on Theta? Looks a solid project that's actually making yearly revenue.

Might be a bit of a FOMO now but I'll be holding long term. Think it's just outside the top 30 in market cap reckon this could be a gem in next few years. Obviously would love a pullback to under 30 cents at least

What are yer thoughts on Theta? Looks a solid project that's actually making yearly revenue.

Might be a bit of a FOMO now but I'll be holding long term. Think it's just outside the top 30 in market cap reckon this could be a gem in next few years. Obviously would love a pullback to under 30 cents at least

I got in about 2 months ago when it was $0.31

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114404926&postcount=4365

Its one of those that I feel like I should have got a lot more at that price but thats life

anything back down in the 50-55c range and I'm back in. I've got a bit of ETH on standby aswell if it drops below 0.0019 ETH

Theta missed the last bull market so they have yet to have one so potential is big

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Theta missed the last bull market so they have yet to have one so potential is big

Yeah hope it dips a little first but doesn't seem likely.

Two others that are drawing my attention are RSR and DGB. If I could get both under a cent, it might be good business with a potential Coinbase listing

Two others that are drawing my attention are RSR and DGB. If I could get both under a cent, it might be good business with a potential Coinbase listing

I picked up a "few" DGB months ago below 1.5c

if you thought XRP moved fast, DGB is even quicker

• Advertisement

Jesus, the arse has really fallen out of that DeFi stuff.

090301-A9-F083-4-DB2-9734-B51-FA20-BEEC5.jpg

I think people started getting cold feet when they realised decentralised finance meant it was their finances that were being decentralised. Into the pockets of the creators.

Hope no one got stung too badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Jesus, the arse has really fallen out of that DeFi stuff.

090301-A9-F083-4-DB2-9734-B51-FA20-BEEC5.jpg

I think people started getting cold feet when they realised decentralised finance meant it was their finances that were being decentralised. Into the pockets of the creators.

Hope no one got stung too badly.

Thanks for the post Johnny, the perfect buy signal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Square have joined Microstrategy and lumped $50,000,000 into Bitcoin this week.

That's really cool. When Pompliano interviewed Michael Saylor of Microstrategy a couple of weeks ago, Saylor questioned why Dorsey wouldn't make a similar move.

manu2009 wrote: »
    Thanks for the post Johnny, the perfect buy signal!

DYOR of course. Not too sure me posting about crypto is a buy signal, but it ain’t my money you’re spending so knock yourself out and I hope you make a shít load of money. Real money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Won't make a bit of difference to the price though. Greyscale etc have been spending billions buying all the newly mined BTC but were still at just over 50% of the all time high. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

el diablo wrote: »
    Won't make a bit of difference to the price though. Greyscale etc have been spending billions buying all the newly mined BTC but were still at just over 50% of the all time high. :cool:

The 1 million dollar Bitcoin question is: is that the beginning of a trend for corporate entities to park some of their cash into Bitcoin, or are these isolated cases?

(it seems like Square’s acquisition makes Bitcoin less than 1% of the total company assets; this is not insignificant but given how much Jack Dorsey has been praising Bitcoin, it can’t be called a very bold move either).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Quick Q that'll get lost in the abyss by tomorrow - if I want to invest 100€ a month into Crypto, would BTC be the safest one to go with? Or something like LTC or ETH. Not looking for lambo money just something better than 0.1% savings account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

mamaz wrote: »
    Quick Q that'll get lost in the abyss by tomorrow - if I want to invest 100€ a month into Crypto, would BTC be the safest one to go with? Or something like LTC or ETH. Not looking for lambo money just something better than 0.1% savings account

My recommendation would be bitcoin.

cnocbui wrote: »
    My recommendation would be bitcoin.

Yeah was thinking it's probably the best one for now - would Coinbase be okay?

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »

It's still very significant. It's not as significant as MicroStrategy's move but it's about building momentum. These are two publicly listed companies answerable to shareholders. They pave the way for others to follow suit.
    And it has moved the dial on the price today - if only just a smidgen.
    All crypto is high risk - so I'd suggest that you size the amount of crypto you buy accordingly. As it stands today, bitcoin remains the least risky of them all. However, I have to qualify that by saying that this is a dynamic sector that's moving at pace. If you are going to put what to you are significant funds into this, then it would be worthwhile to take an ongoing interest in learning more about it.

- would Coinbase be okay?
    Their fees are expensive. Try Binance, Kraken or Bitstamp.

Their fees are expensive. Try Binance, Kraken or Bitstamp.

Okay cheers, used to use Binance but closed my A/C im sure. Revolut a no go judging from what I've researched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I'd go half Bitcoin and half Monero. While all the crypto traders and theorists talk about future possibilities, in the real world the darknet markets are switching to Monero and it is one of the few cryptos that is actually being used. It has also proven to be fairly resilient to the recent fluctuations and corrections.

Binance would be a good solution for your needs. €0.50 deposit fee for your bank transfer and then low enough transaction and transfer fees when you buy your crypto and transfer it to a wallet.

Bitcoin and ETH.

Bitcoin and ETH.

ETH fees are getting very expensive

I'd stick with BTC and maybe one of the staking tokens for a relatively small passive income

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

DYOR of course. Not too sure me posting about crypto is a buy signal, but it ain’t my money you’re spending so knock yourself out and I hope you make a shít load of money. Real money.

A lot of people I know, and I suspect also people here, are making decent money. Keep in mind you were posting that BTC was "dead" when it hit 3k in 2018, Chainlink might be down 50% from ATH this year, but it's still up 100's or 1000's of percent for those of us who bought it in 2019, at time when you were claiming, for the umpteenth time, that crypto was dead.

Whether you (and I) think this is dog**** doesn't matter, that's a different conversation. The fact of the matter is, the money gains are there, they are very real, and in certain cases are exceptionally good. 300% in a year is a godsmacking investment by any definition, in crypto it's relatively "meh". So yes, in fairness, you are a bit of a buy signal :)

Edit: Chainlink is up 17% in 24 hours, YFI 45%.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So yes, in fairness, you are a bit of a buy signal :)
    The JF-ISI? (JohnnyFlash Inverse Sentiment Index).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You need Johnny to fire up the old Pintman Paddy Losty account (the one who also just happens to also get multiple voting cards in the post like Johnny does and thinks its okay to vote multiple times in elections and referendums while calling other people scumbags) and get him in on the action aswell for confirmation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    A lot of people I know, and I suspect also people here, are making decent money. Keep in mind you were posting that BTC was "dead" when it hit 3k in 2018, Chainlink might be down 50% from ATH this year, but it's still up 100's or 1000's of percent for those of us who bought it in 2019, at time when you were claiming, for the umpteenth time, that crypto was dead.

Whether you (and I) think this is dog**** doesn't matter, that's a different conversation. The fact of the matter is, the money gains are there, they are very real, and in certain cases are exceptionally good. 300% in a year is a godsmacking investment by any definition, in crypto it's relatively "meh". So yes, in fairness, you are a bit of a buy signal :)

Edit: Chainlink is up 17% in 24 hours, YFI 45%.

I've made up all my losses and much more in the last year. If I stopped investing at the peak I would have lost almost everything. Not bad for a guy who put in most of his money just prior to the crypto crash.
    I'm confident I'm going to make more gains too. Have to be in the game long term, that's the key. Ride the ups and downs of a maturing and still expanding crypto market.

maninasia wrote: »
    I'm confident I'm going to make more gains too. Have to be in the game long term, that's the key. Ride the ups and downs of a maturing and still expanding crypto market.

Crypto is only getting started there is massive gains to be made over the next few years before mass adoption which I believe is going to happen. The market is growing rapidly even this year alone.

Getting in at a good time helps too like early March this year. I believe there is a correction to come as many alt coins are close to their ATH.

Yeah was thinking it's probably the best one for now - would Coinbase be okay?

Coinbase is perfect for beginners if you can handle the fees. It's got an easy to use app. But I'd recommend Binance when you get more comfortable buying crypto.

Also when you start to accumulate alot, you should keep the majority off the exchanges, get a hardware wallet like the nano s. You don't want the exchange hacked and your coins robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

You need Johnny to fire up the old Pintman Paddy Losty account (the one who also just happens to also get multiple voting cards in the post like Johnny does and thinks its okay to vote multiple times in elections and referendums while calling other people scumbags) and get him in on the action aswell for confirmation.

Hahahaha.

Multiple voting cards is very common. Most of ye lads don't have two properties but it's trivial. If you have two addresses you get two voting cards.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Not a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Hahahaha.

Multiple voting cards is very common. Most of ye lads don't have two properties but it's trivial. If you have two addresses you get two voting cards.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Not a scumbag.
    It is very common. I have two, one under my current address and another at my parents house under my maiden name. So does my husband and he's not a scumbag: in fact he's a prominent member of Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

It is very common. I have two, one under my current address and another at my parents house under my maiden name. So does my husband and he's not a scumbag: in fact he's a prominent member of Fine Gael.

You have two but do you use two?

Have you attempted to correct this with the Register?

• Advertisement

You have two but do you use two?

Have you attempted to correct this with the Register?
    I use two, like many people I know. Especially if a friend of mine and my husband's is on the ballot.

I use two, like many people I know. Especially if a friend of mine and my husband's is on the ballot.

Is that not illegal?

Vote early, vote often.

Is that not illegal?
    I don't think so. Anyway I'm not going to be lectured to about what's illegal or not in a cryptocurrency forum.

I don't think so. Anyway I'm not going to be lectured to about what's illegal or not in a cryptocurrency forum.

I'm not lecturing. I genuinely don't know if it's illegal or not.

Your in the forum too and your the one that brought up that you have two Voting cards in defence of someone else who votes twice. You also said that your husband is in Fine Gael. This doesn't reflect well on them.

Edit:
    Can't find a definitive answer on this but from 2003
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/leitrim-man-fined-800-for-voting-twice-in-last-dail-election-1.353819

Ms Maura McNally BL, for the Leitrim State Solicitor, said McTague was listed on two electoral registers, but this was not illegal.

The offence was attempting to or actually applying for a ballot paper at more than one polling station for the same election.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement