Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

This time looks different especially since it’s after the halving and company’s such as square,PayPal getting involved.

Yeah there is a demand now and it's becoming a stable asset. I think it's going to gradually increase instead of what happened in 2017 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 paul8200

Bob24 wrote: »
    It will definitely get some discussions started in boardrooms.

Now, I have to say I also think it makes Microstrategy a bit confusing as an investment. I.e. are you buying a BI software provider, or a cryptocurrency hedge fund? (and to be a bit provocative: if crypto earnings keep largely outperforming the company’s main business in the next few years, from a shareholder’s perspective isn’t the best use of the company’s capital to shut down the main business and fully turn it into a hedge fund?)

isnt that a fabulous strategy question for the boardroom to opine on?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

have you guys informed friends about the crypto.com spotify deal on ruby card? if they sign up under your referral within the next week they get it on the cheap for less than 85 EUR.. lol - then they get the release of their 50$ and if you're generous you can cut their bill down even more to like 25 euro for the card, so they end up with 100 euro+ worth of tokens and the card, spotify and cash back. everyones happy

use the head and get ON it

Yea they think I’m some kind of snake oil salesman

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ryzken

Is their anybody on here using coinbase? and what currencies do people recommend to purchase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Ryzken wrote: »
    Is their anybody on here using coinbase? and what currencies do people recommend to purchase?

Yes. Bitcoin. Not financial advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

have you guys informed friends about the crypto.com spotify deal on ruby card? if they sign up under your referral within the next week they get it on the cheap for less than 85 EUR.. lol - then they get the release of their 50$ and if you're generous you can cut their bill down even more to like 25 euro for the card, so they end up with 100 euro+ worth of tokens and the card, spotify and cash back. everyones happy

Hi, so I signed up via the referral link, and logged in. It says I have €41 in there. What is the next step I need to take?

Edit: nevermind I read the above post again and figured it out. Will read up more on it tonight. Thanks

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Ryzken wrote: »

Bitcoin. You can buy a percentage of it.

When you become more used to crypto ditch Coinbase and use binance or some dex that won't rob you with fees.

If it sounds too good to be true..
    .. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

thanks for using my referral link brother <3

pm me if u need any help also

What's the monthly fee for the ruby card?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Crazy after 13 days OKex still have withdrawals suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Stocks dumping due to new lockdowns, when this happened in March there was a massive 40% crypto dump shortly after, curious to see if something similar happens again, might move some fiat to exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Stocks dumping due to new lockdowns, when this happened in March there was a massive 40% crypto dump shortly after, curious to see if something similar happens again, might move some fiat to exchanges

Thanks for the warning. Would you recommend withdrawing to fiat and then reinvesting after the drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Thanks for the warning. Would you recommend withdrawing to fiat and then reinvesting after the drop?

The difficulty would be to time it and to have strong conviction when the time comes.

Last time the best deals (bitcoins sub 4000 euros) only lasted for a few hours. And very few were buying as everyone just had their bottom support expectations shattered and was wondering how low it could go.

So I wouldn’t offload a full position. Maybe part of it if one wants to play the market but personally I’d be more a long term hodler kind of person.

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    The difficulty would be to time it and to have strong conviction when the time comes.

Last time the best deals (bitcoins sub 4000 euros) only lasted for a few hours. And very few were buying as everyone just had their bottom support expectations shattered and was wondering how low it could go.

So I wouldn’t offload a full position. Maybe part of it if one wants to play the market but personally I’d be more a long term hodler kind of person.

Yes I have been holding but there have been a couple of occasions during that time where the price dropped and then returned to the same price a few months later.

They were opportunities to increase holdings that I didn't take.

Sorry, entirely up to you, I wouldn't make any recommendations either way, it's crypto, it could do anything. If (if) there is a drop I would like to buy only because I personally believe there is a chance of a bull next year. 2013 - 2017 - 2021. Sounds absurd, but that's crypto, it's all about herd psychology and self fulfilling prophecies ;)

Weekly Bitcoin stacked. Interesting to see just how few Sats I am now getting for my DCA amount, it has much more than halved since we started this thread. Will keep going though, catching up with Michael Saylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I last bought any BTC in Nov 2017 at €5,507.

108% profit in 3 years beats what I would have got leaving the money in my bank account.

*Eye-twitch*, cash is a medium of exchange, not an accruing asset (it's supposed to be spent not hoarded), anything will beat it as long as the asset doesn't go down in value

Want to buy something? use cash
    Want to try to beat the rate of inflation? invest (gold, bonds, shares, crypto, land, etc)

• Advertisement

You left out a vital bit - 'post GFC'.

Pre GFC I could get a bank term deposit paying 6.5%, which was higher than the prevailing rate of inflation.

Gold is the ultimate pyramid scheme, being a non productive asset with an ever increasing supply and a shocking situation in terms of derivtive total value vs physical gold value. The physical metal itself has significant associated cost frictions that make it difficult to realize an actual profit. Commisions and fees on gold is the real gold.

Equity and bond ETFs seem to be they way to go at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Strange
    My stonks are up
    Electric cars all the rage
    NIO & SOLO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Anyone else get their supercharger UNI allocations confirmed?
    Picked up 20ish Uni, not an awful return for 30 days.

It has played a huge part in tanking CRO value IMO.
    CDC really are flailing around trying to force multiple utilities on to the token and having no stable plan IMO.

we can all dream for the next bull run

this place was just bought from the profits from bitcoin from the last bull run

https://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/baltimore/the-grain-store-ringarogy-baltimore-cork-2165677/

Lex Luthor wrote: »

https://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/baltimore/the-grain-store-ringarogy-baltimore-cork-2165677/

Its one thing gaining wealth, its another retaining it.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Its one thing gaining wealth, its another retaining it.

thats true, but this is just one of many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Incredible looking house and location. The interior design wouldn't be my cup of tea, but to be able to buy that from BTC profits is amazing. Bravo to that person.

Axion mainnet launching at 9am Monday morning.

It's going to be really interesting to see what percentage of people avail of staking and the total percentage that gets locked up. There are a total of 5 big pay days (BPD)for staked coins over the first 5 years. Only stakes commited for 350+ days on the day of BPD are eligible to receive the BPD payout.

Some serious passive income to be earned on this one. Or alternatively keep holdings liquid and jump on any spike in the price.

www.axion.network

Nice touch off $14,000 there. Should retest before the weekend is out. I’d be lost in this pandemic were it not for Bitcoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do you know that house is bitcoin profits?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you know that house is bitcoin profits?

I know who bought it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Whelo79 wrote: »

It's going to be really interesting to see what percentage of people avail of staking and the total percentage that gets locked up. There are a total of 5 big pay days (BPD)for staked coins over the first 5 years. Only stakes commited for 350+ days on the day of BPD are eligible to receive the BPD payout.

Some serious passive income to be earned on this one. Or alternatively keep holdings liquid and jump on any spike in the price.

www.axion.network

Glad I got in on this one, has been the best performance out of all my Alts, as usual now I'm just regretting not buying more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

www.axion.network

Bit confused with this one, why is the circulating supply different to hex and can't tell what the market cap is with is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I know who bought it ;)

MjdkODEwYTYzOTA3MjM3YWIwYjYzMTAwMTg2OTI5OGQp14Hc6FuI3kVNa19253CNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvZC9mL2RmZjQ1NThmODQyOTE3YjhiNTZhOGE2MzNiNWVlMGZiLmpwZ3x8fHx8fDEwNDV4NjAwfHx8fA==.jpg

Perfect setup to make a quick getaway on your yacht towards the Bahamas should the tax man come calling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

I know who bought it ;)

FFS, I told you that in secrecy :mad:

Got my eye on this bad boy when I cash out

Hh8k5Kk

Mucashinto wrote: »

Hh8k5Kk

there's a few in West Cork I have my eyes on with 7+ acres I'm watching aswell

Convincing the wife is going to be the biggest challenge
    Every time there is a wind warning west cork always gets mentioned as having power outages

A few back up generators should solve that issue

Mucashinto wrote: »

I'm aiming a little higher.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

there's a few in West Cork I have my eyes on with 7+ acres I'm watching aswell

Convincing the wife is going to be the biggest challenge
    Every time there is a wind warning west cork always gets mentioned as having power outages

A few back up generators should solve that issue

Grand place for going off grid. Wind generator + solar panels + battery. Tax man will never find you :D

KilOit wrote: »
    Bit confused with this one, why is the circulating supply different to hex and can't tell what the market cap is with is

Because it is not Hex. There is 250bn initial supply available in presale and 250bn available to holders of HEX in freeclaim. Hex snapshot was done back in May for freeclaim. Anyone entitled to freeclaim is automatically staked for 12 months and max freeclaim is 10M. There is a daily penalty for unclaimed tokens which go into the daily auctions.

No market cap until mainnet goes live.

Up 30% today. A drop in the ocean for what is to come.

• Advertisement

Axion (Hex2T) has passed the Certik audit with no issues found. Full report is to be released on Wednesday I believe, along with the countdown to mainnet launch (launch scheduled for this weekend).

The new website is now live www.axion.network and the price is hovering around ATH @ .0003c. This baby is poised to explode.

Several daily ATH's being hit since this post 5 days ago. Price just passed .00051c and climbing.

Hex hit .01c this week and Axion is far superior to Hex in every conceivable way. Mainnet launch is 24hrs & 30 minutes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Several daily ATH's being hit since this post 5 days ago. Price just passed .00051c and climbing.

Hex hit .01c this week and Axion is far superior to Hex in every conceivable way. Mainnet launch is 24hrs & 30 minutes away.

The .5 of an Eth I invested is now worth 2 ETH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

How to work this? Transfer/swap a token for axion, hope that mainnet guess well and the coin pumps?
    Can you cash out?

What is special about Axion? I do like the idea of whales not manipulating the price but is there not other coins that do the exact same thing?

And staking is nothing new. Btw if someone got in at the start, 280x is a nice return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

Is it wise to stay away from yearn.finance?
    Is it a possibility that the market cap could increase out of the blue?

Blowheads wrote: »
    How to work this? Transfer/swap a token for axion, hope that mainnet guess well and the coin pumps?
    Can you cash out?

You have to swap your HEX2T token for AXN on launch day through the website using your metamask wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Green Mile wrote: »
    Is it wise to stay away from yearn.finance?
    Is it a possibility that the market cap could increase out of the blue?

It's the world of DeFi. If crypto is volatile, DeFi is on steroids in that respect. A coin that is elastic on making gains can equally be elastic in dropping like a stone.

I've sat out the whole DeFi thing from the sidelines. I think its an incredible experiment and we will ultimately end up with services that disrupt traditional finance out of it. However, along the way, expect some major car crashes.

The yield farming thing was a very clever way for projects to bootstrap liquidity. On the flipside, it can't possibly be sustainable.

You have to swap your HEX2T token for AXN on launch day through the website using your metamask wallet.

Any good link on how/where to do this for the terminally lazy?

Any good link on how/where to do this for the terminally lazy?

It s as simple as clicking a button on the axion website.

It s as simple as clicking a button on the axion website.

I already have the Hex2t on my metamask from awhile back, there's a manual swap I have to perform? If yes, what is it (I can't find the link on the website) ta

I already have the Hex2t on my metamask from awhile back, there's a manual swap I have to perform? If yes, what is it (I can't find the link on the website) ta

The link won't be live until mainnet is launched I believe.

Click link, connect metamask wallet, make swap. You need to make sure you have Eth for gas I think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement