Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to Three

Options
  • 03-04-2019 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Currently on Vodafone old student deal they put me on via a cold call after leaving.

Think its 15Gb data and any texts then left with E20 which I can spend E15 of to get unlimited any network calls

I take a lot of pictures and videos and like to back them up to cloud, twice to be sure and find it's eating my data, wouldn't see 2Gb a day

Should I call Vodafone to see any deals or just go to Three with unlimited data(read speed's half of Vodafone), herself on three and dont really call, definitely don't text

Oh and I need to pay for Dropbox or apps via play store, so think only Three or Vodafone can do that

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jeffk wrote: »
    Currently on Vodafone old student deal they put me on via a cold call after leaving.

Think its 15Gb data and any texts then left with E20 which I can spend E15 of to get unlimited any network calls

I take a lot of pictures and videos and like to back them up to cloud, twice to be sure and find it's eating my data, wouldn't see 2Gb a day

Should I call Vodafone to see any deals or just go to Three with unlimited data(read speed's half of Vodafone), herself on three and dont really call, definitely don't text

Oh and I need to pay for Dropbox or apps via play store, so think only Three or Vodafone can do that

Thanks for any help

How about setting one of the cloud storage apps to only sync on wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    How about setting one of the cloud storage apps to only sync on wifi?

I do thanks, but free Wi-Fi is crap and don't really like going with only one cloud and files on phone
    until I'm home

Lost pictures on day trip to Belfast and paranoid about it happening again

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I recommend setting just one cloud sync to back up video, while letting both back up photos. If you are recording 4K video, that typically gobbles 1GB for every 2 to 3 minutes of recording. For comparison, photos are rarely larger than 10MB each, unless your phone shoots in RAW or has a very high resolution sensor.

Besides cutting data consumption in half for backing up video files, your photos will back up a lot faster with one cloud app backing up just the photos, particularly if the other gets caught up trying to back up a massive video file.

Vodafone's largest prepay data plan is the Vodafone X Unlimited Weekends. This costs €20 every 4 weeks and provides 25GB of data, 100 minutes and unlimited texts. On the weekend, it also includes unlimited data, minutes and texts. Unfortunately, it does not let you keep credit, so you will need to top up extra to be able to pay for Dropbox or apps through Vodafone billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Video size is average of 66Mb for the phone, usually take 30 seconds or push a minute depending on subject, 1080FHD (60 fps), there is 1080FHD+ (18.7:9) and 4K UHD but i think they are overkill

Picture size is between 8Mb and 16Mb or so (4:3) 16MP that's the highest setting on say auto (there is AI function thrown in so that what changes size), never bothered with pro mode on any camera app as i think that's just for then editing on photoshop etc

I think i will have to go with somewhat you said and see how data goes for the month

One cloud backing up pictures and videos on mobile

Second cloud pictures on mobile data only when charging (have powerbank/car charger) so not two at same time as you said, then videos on wifi only

Looks like i'm on the best vodafone deal so

Thanks for the help and sorry about long winded replies

Advertisement