Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job share take home

Options
  • 03-04-2019 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all, just enquiring if anyone knows of an online calculator to work out what take home pay on job share will be? I need to find out specific amount due to applying for other entitlements.
    Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have been told by colleagues it’s about 5/8 of your full pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I worked it out last year for me.....it was 2/3. That is based on me giving my husband some of the tax band at 20% and giving him some usc band the 4.75% one.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Anyone got a calculation of how this tax situation works? Does it just make sense when you partner is earning more?

Is it similar to moving from single to joint tax assessment? That is only good if there is a large gap between one salary and the partners salary. So the lower paid person can share the lower tax band with his/her partner.
    And moving from full pay to half pay would mean the gap between the 2 salaries is increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Anyone got a calculation of how this tax situation works? Does it just make sense when you partner is earning more?

Is it similar to moving from single to joint tax assessment? That is only good if there is a large gap between one salary and the partners salary. So the lower paid person can share the lower tax band with his/her partner.
    And moving from full pay to half pay would mean the gap between the 2 salaries is increased.

Yes you apply to be jointly assessed. You keep all your tax credits but transfer the remainder of your 20% paye band to your partner. You can transfer usc band too but it is probably only useful if your partner earns over €70kish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

For me it was roughly 66%

• Advertisement
Advertisement