Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightweight Web Technology

Options
  • 03-04-2019 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I've done web dev using .NET and Java Spring.

I have a personal project which just basically involves a very simple quiz website that plays a number of short sound files. There is no need for user profiles but I'd like to have a database to persist a simple list of top 10 scorers where the person types their name (like in old arcade games).

The number of people using this application will be about less then 20. I'd like to have this hosted free.

I definitely won't need to leverage the full functionality of .NET or Spring so I'm thinking of using this as a opportunity to introduce myself to another web technology and I'd like some recommendations. Perhaps something like Ruby?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Talisman

You could be up and running in very little time using the Serverless Framework with a service like AWS Lambda

• Registered Users Posts: 6 typesafe

The most Lightweight Web Technology for you will be the one you are already familiar with.
    Nevertheless since you mentioned Java - give a try to Play Framework.

Advertisement