Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydrogen peroxide in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-04-2019 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get this in Dublin? I've gotten addicted to using it in Europe— nothing has worked as effectively on the adult acne I've been trying to shift for ages! I am only looking for a very mild solution; 3-6%. Do any pharmacies in Dublin offer this? Is it a standard item?

I googled, but all I could find was a story about someone being denied the sale of it in Boots and it becoming a discrimination case, but that was several years ago, so I'm not sure if it's purchasable at all anymore as I never remember seeing it at home.

If anyone can tell me where I might get some (bonus points for if they have it in somewhere like Boots in Dundrum), I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Is it possible to get this in Dublin? I've gotten addicted to using it in Europe— nothing has worked as effectively on the adult acne I've been trying to shift for ages! I am only looking for a very mild solution; 3-6%. Do any pharmacies in Dublin offer this? Is it a standard item?

I googled, but all I could find was a story about someone being denied the sale of it in Boots and it becoming a discrimination case, but that was several years ago, so I'm not sure if it's purchasable at all anymore as I never remember seeing it at home.

If anyone can tell me where I might get some (bonus points for if they have it in somewhere like Boots in Dundrum), I'd really appreciate it!

They should have it in pretty much every Pharmacy in the country. Boots in Dundrum isn't a pharmacy (there's no pharmacist on-site) McCabes upstairs should have it.

As an aside, unless you've been told otherwise by a healthcare professional 6% hydrogen peroxide should be diluted 50/50 with water before applying to the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I got some in Hickeys Pharmacy in the Square, Tallaght a while back.

Advertisement