Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galvanizing

Options
  • 03-04-2019 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know how much galvanizing is. I have 2 post that weight 100kgs. Wondering for much it cost go get these dipped

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Hi. Does anyone know how much galvanizing is. I have 2 post that weight 100kgs. Wondering for much it cost go get these dipped

Id say u would have change out of e100 if u deliver and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the whole galvanising industry pricing thing is crazy. i dont know how they get away with it.
    they seem to pull a number out of thin air. i got a few thngs galvanised a few years ago. 3 things almost the same but done seperatly a few weeks apart and the prices were completely different. smallest one was the dearest

it comes down to surface area i think. the more area the more weight that will be added. its almost impsible to know. they should be able to tell you roughly how much weight was added per sq meter on average with their process but they wont . its almost imposible to get them to quote you on it

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

the whole galvanising industry pricing thing is crazy. i dont know how they get away with it.
    they seem to pull a number out of thin air. i got a few thngs galvanised a few years ago. 3 things almost the same but done seperatly a few weeks apart and the prices were completely different. smallest one was the dearest

it comes down to surface area i think. the more area the more weight that will be added. its almost impsible to know. they should be able to tell you roughly how much weight was added per sq meter on average with their process but they wont . its almost imposible to get them to quote you on it
    Nothing to do with area , all down to weight , price per kg going in , and it normally comes out 10% heavier , if u have 100kg going in it will be roughly 110 kg coming out and vat in its around 1euro a kg now so 110 euro , that’s the way pioneer are , some have sur charges first then but the rate is cheaper , but it’s all down to weight

Nothing to do with area , all down to weight , price per kg going in , and it normally comes out 10% heavier , if u have 100kg going in it will be roughly 110 kg coming out and vat in its around 1euro a kg now so 110 euro , that’s the way pioneer are , some have sur charges first then but the rate is cheaper , but it’s all down to weight

i cannot agree with that. if i send down a solid steel bar its going to weigh a lot more than a pipe . and the steel pipe will get coated on the inside and outside so more weight will be added to the pipe than to the solid br

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Did you get them galvanized yet I'd love to know the price?

• Advertisement

i cannot agree with that. if i send down a solid steel bar its going to weigh a lot more than a pipe . and the steel pipe will get coated on the inside and outside so more weight will be added to the pipe than to the solid br

We’re sending stuff to cork weekly and it all weight , in and out of the pipe has nothing to do with it , regards the solid bar , it takes away more to heat than the pipe taking longer , it’s all down to weight , they don’t look at what’s in the trailer all they do is look at the clock on the weigh bridge

We’re sending stuff to cork weekly and it all weight , in and out of the pipe has nothing to do with it , regards the solid bar , it takes away more to heat than the pipe taking longer , it’s all down to weight , they don’t look at what’s in the trailer all they do is look at the clock on the weigh bridge

You are charged based on added weight. If you add a thickness all over something then surface area plays a huge roll in how much is added

You will add more weight to a pipe than a bar

You are charged based on added weight. If you add a thickness all over something then surface area plays a huge roll in how much is added

You will add more weight to a pipe than a bar
    No ur not , not in pioneer , it not a charge on the roughy 10 % extra weight the steel work gains , it’s overall, I’m at it long enough , make a set of feted out of solid and the box and take to be dipped and u will understand, if u take in 1000kg of steel to be dipped be it solid or pipe the total coming out is app 1100kg by .68 cents a kg plus vat

By ur thinking 1tonne will gain 10% so 100 kg at .68 cents so to cost a tonne 68 euro , think about that one

That's the way it was explained to me

• Advertisement

U have surcharging in some places but the rule of thumb is a tone of steel going in will cost approx 680 plus vat coming out , regardless of what’s in it , shed makersxwill get better rates because of massive tonnage , galco charge different to pioneer , but pioneer is that way regardless , I’m not trying to fool u I’m at it with years .

Advertisement