Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on buying Xiaomi Note 7 Pro/Mi Max 3

• 03-04-2019 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Currently, have an iPhone 6 and I'm looking to make the move to android. Was going to opt for a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 but a friend of mine sold his Galaxy and purchased a Xiaomi Mi Max 3 last year. He said he'd never change. After doing some research, I'm opting to purchase a Xiaomi.

I had picked out the Redmi Note 7 Pro but my friend told me that there may be troubles with the Chinese ROM?
    What the f**k is he on about? What's the difference between buying a Chinese ROM and a Global ROM? (sorry, useless with tech)

So anyway, there's so much selection I'm boggled, I've liked the Mi Max 3, the Mi8 and the Note 7. But I don't know where to start?

If anyone could give advice I would be seriously grateful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Have a read here: - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/index

The Redmi Note 7 Pro, doesn't have a global version (and there is not going to be one).
    The Chinese version won't have the LTE band support here.

Even if you got it, the Global(/Indian Version) rom if flashed on top of it, you won't be able to lock the bootloader again in that case without bricking the device.

Maybe have a look at the Redmi Note 7 (without pro) instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

The Redmi line doesn't have NFC if that matters.

Perhaps take a look at the "newly" released Mi 9.
    €450 on Amazon.es last time I looked. Supplied and delivered by Amazon so you'll have their customer support should anything go wrong eg replacement or money back.

Or even the Poco F1 (no NFC)...or wait for the F2!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MrFinance

corkie wrote: »
    Have a read here: - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/index

The Redmi Note 7 Pro, doesn't have a global version (and there is not going to be one).
    The Chinese version won't have the LTE band support here.

Even if you got it, the Global(/Indian Version) rom if flashed on top of it, you won't be able to lock the bootloader again in that case without bricking the device.

Maybe have a look at the Redmi Note 7 (without pro) instead?

Funny you said it, I was in the process of looking at the Note 7 (128g/4gb), only 200 delivered which is a bargain!

biebiebie wrote: »
    The Redmi line doesn't have NFC if that matters.

Perhaps take a look at the "newly" released Mi 9.
    €450 on Amazon.es last time I looked. Supplied and delivered by Amazon so you'll have their customer support should anything go wrong eg replacement or money back.

Or even the Poco F1 (no NFC)...or wait for the F2!

NFC isn't a big deal. I was thinking the 200-300 range. I could afford to go more but I honestly can't justify paying that much for a phone. I've had my iPhone 6 since mid-2015 and it's only starting to lag now. I'm guessing this will be a massive step up regardless.

Thanks for reply btw

FYI, just purchased. 220 for the 4gb ram/128gb version through eGlobal with a coupon. Could have paid 207 through another website with an offer but didn't want customs issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement