Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to name a sales technique.

Options
  • 03-04-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Is there a name for the sales technique of constantly changing your best price for a service? Not too sure haggling fits the bill. Think stereotypical used car sales person constantly promising the absolute lowest they can go but just as you attempt to walk away the prices drops to a new absolute lowest they can go. Just through a very frustrating process where the price changed six times and by the ends of there was no trust left to continue.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I would really think that’s part of haggling. I would be surprised if there is a name for this specific part of the process. I’m looking forward to be learninged a new word if it does exist.

6 times though? Was that in Marrakesh?? Jesus H.

Advertisement