Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum VISA debit card transaction

Options
  • 04-04-2019 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭

I am buying a car this weekend... what's the max amount I can put on my debit card in one transaction? Is there any way that I can ensure the transaction is not blocked / flagged at the time (as it will be at weekend)? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi 3DataModem,

Thanks for your post.

You can pay up to your available funds with your card. Larger transactions may trigger a security check so we'd advise you to have access to the mobile number we hold for you. If the payment is flagged our card security team will send a text or email asking if it's yourself making the payment.

Best of luck with your new car and if you're in the market for a motor insurance quote, please let us know ;)
    Tara

Advertisement