Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Cardiff Blues, Fri 5th April 7:45pm, Live on ES1

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's another two trys in Munster here. Stander destroying Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Great passage of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

Can see Cardiff winning this one.

that went well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Ball in hand.. JJ is a damn fine player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Thanks for that lads, much love from the west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

That will do. Good second half from Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Ball in hand.. JJ is a damn fine player

If players could keep up with him half the time he might get out of the rut he's in.

Just saw the Ulster result...I'm guessing they were rubbish?

Just waiting for eir's Maz to say "that was bleedin' rapid"

• Advertisement

Just saw the Ulster result...I'm guessing they were rubbish?

maybe watch it

Jewelers wrote: »
    maybe watch it

No thanks, I'm guessing it's 80+ minutes of my life wasted... you can tell me what I miss sham

No thanks, I'm guessing it's 80+ minutes of my life wasted... you can tell me what I miss sham

no need to call me sham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I hope Murray throws some ice on that eye, it looked sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Good solid win. Need to keep the pressure on Glasgow for that top spot. They have a tough last 2 games so hopefully they will drop a few points in those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good solid win. Need to keep the pressure on Glasgow for that top spot. They have a tough last 2 games so hopefully they will drop a few points in those games.

Leinster put out a heavily rotated team for tomorrow so it looks like a strong side will be named for Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Leinster put out a heavily rotated team for tomorrow so it looks like a strong side will be named for Glasgow.

Or a weak team for Glasgow also. With the injury hits, but for the need to fulfil the fixtures, Leinster would be better off not putting out a team at all. Full 3rd strings would be the sensible option. None of our prime team need game time. If anything, the less they play, the better. And the last thing we need is another cry off due to an injury in a no consequence practice game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Thought that was a tidy evening's work last night. I know we conceded 3 tries but I thought our defence was superb, especially in the last 20.

Killer had a fine game, good tackle and carry rate for his hour's work. Rory Scannell was tidy in midfield again, he's so dependable. Farrell was a complete handful in attack - look at his try and who he bulldozed through to get it, such a weapon when we're on the 5m line. And is there a better scrum half in world rugby to nab a try when a team is camped on the line than Murray? Thought he had another good performance, back to his pre-injury levels. Bleyendaal ran the show, he's come into form at exactly the right time, what a pass to Farrell for one of our tries. POM was his usual self and Cloete was a menace at the breakdown. Backrow battle will be massive versus Sarries. Toland rightly pointed out some binding shenanigans at the back of the scrum, wonder will we try pull that versus Sarries and get one over them

Hat tip to Cardiff, they came to play and caused us trouble, as they tend to have done in recent seasons. Our subs made the difference though, CJ was a force of nature when he came on was everywhere in attack, defence and took a lineout too. I thought Niall Scannell's workrate was unbelievable - 13/1 tackles in 33 mins. Beirne caused them untold trouble, that ruck on their line that he and Cloete obliterated was huge. JJ showed some really good flashes off the bench where usually this season he struggles, he was nearly too far ahead of teammates at times, serious pace. Matthewson is such an asset to be able to call on.

We're in a better place than recent seasons squad-wise for this time of year, the overall quality and depth is better and we're in good form. Just need key frontliners to stay fit and we'll be in with a shout of silverware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

leakyboots wrote: »
    Thought that was a tidy evening's work last night. I know we conceded 3 tries but I thought our defence was superb, especially in the last 20.

Killer had a fine game, good tackle and carry rate for his hour's work. Rory Scannell was tidy in midfield again, he's so dependable. Farrell was a complete handful in attack - look at his try and who he bulldozed through to get it, such a weapon when we're on the 5m line. And is there a better scrum half in world rugby to nab a try when a team is camped on the line than Murray? Thought he had another good performance, back to his pre-injury levels. Bleyendaal ran the show, he's come into form at exactly the right time, what a pass to Farrell for one of our tries. POM was his usual self and Cloete was a menace at the breakdown. Backrow battle will be massive versus Sarries. Toland rightly pointed out some binding shenanigans at the back of the scrum, wonder will we try pull that versus Sarries and get one over them

Hat tip to Cardiff, they came to play and caused us trouble, as they tend to have done in recent seasons. Our subs made the difference though, CJ was a force of nature when he came on was everywhere in attack, defence and took a lineout too. I thought Niall Scannell's workrate was unbelievable - 13/1 tackles in 33 mins. Beirne caused them untold trouble, that ruck on their line that he and Cloete obliterated was huge. JJ showed some really good flashes off the bench where usually this season he struggles, he was nearly too far ahead of teammates at times, serious pace. Matthewson is such an asset to be able to call on.

We're in a better place than recent seasons squad-wise for this time of year, the overall quality and depth is better and we're in good form. Just need key frontliners to stay fit and we'll be in with a shout of silverware

Don't forget Holland, he was like a ruck destroying missile, what a hard bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Or a weak team for Glasgow also. With the injury hits, but for the need to fulfil the fixtures, Leinster would be better off not putting out a team at all. Full 3rd strings would be the sensible option. None of our prime team need game time. If anything, the less they play, the better. And the last thing we need is another cry off due to an injury in a no consequence practice game.

Players are lacking game time. I would expect full metal jacket before the Toulouse match.

Toner/Henshaw/Kearney/Lowe/McGrath/Sexton etc all need game time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

leakyboots wrote: »
    Toland rightly pointed out some binding shenanigans at the back of the scrum, wonder will we try pull that versus Sarries and get one over them

I'm not sure that what Botha was doing was a illegal. The loose forwards have to bind on the locks but does the number 8 have to use both arms? I know their shoulders have to be on the scrum and his were.

Could he be penalised for using hands in the scrum because he appeared to pick the ball up from under the locks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

My understanding was he wasn't even binding, did just as the scrums come together but then got the hands ready to pick and go. There was one scrum in particular and it looked like it was hooked straight back into CJ's (I think) hands and he was gone, was impressive how fast it was, like Japan in the last WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was at the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, Cardiff scores looked great and shows that you have to make that first tackle.

I really enjoyed our defence late in the game when we had it wrapped up but we held them out, in fact pushed them back a few times. Good for Connacht too that we didn't let them get a try BP.

Hard to pick MotM so many performed so well, Rory Scannell was immense, I thought Killer and KOB played like their lives depended on it, Tyler had one of his better games for us and JJ's cameo was sweet.

How good is Sweetnam, at least the 3rd time this season and twice in a week he's been asked to start a game from being the extra man and he didn't look out of place.

We ended the game with 14 men so POM must have an injury, I think KOB picked up an injury before going off, Murray could well need the week off for his eye to heal and Earls was a late withdrawal, hope none are too serious.

Advertisement