Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Attic Insulation?

Options
  • 04-04-2019 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,256 ✭✭✭✭

I have about 34sqm of attic space that has no insulation in it whatsoever.
    The attic isn't convertible and isn't even particularly accessible for storage.

Any idea what the cheapest source of fibreglass/rockwool insulation would be to get it up to a decent level of insulation for a reasonably competent DIYer?

Not too bothered about the material used once the product does a good job of keeping in the heat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sleepy wrote: »
    I have about 34sqm of attic space that has no insulation in it whatsoever.
    The attic isn't convertible and isn't even particularly accessible for storage.

Any idea what the cheapest source of fibreglass/rockwool insulation would be to get it up to a decent level of insulation for a reasonably competent DIYer?

Not too bothered about the material used once the product does a good job of keeping in the heat.

Ring Uvalue in Ballycoolin (Mods I've no affiliation - just a customer from time to time).
    They stock every kind of insulation product under the sun. They'll advise you on price, uvalues, quantities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

When I looked at this previously Earthwool was by far the cheapest thing to use. Worth ringing around a few places though as prices could vary massively.

Advertisement