Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo increase

Options
  • 04-04-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

What is the procedure for an increase in ammo limit on the licence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Print out the fca2 form, fill in your details. Then attach a letter as to why you want an increase in ammunition limit. I've done it before without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Print out the fca2 form, fill in your details. Then attach a letter as to why you want an increase in ammunition limit. I've done it before without any problems.

Do I need a photo for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm kind of curious if you need to pay an extra €80.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What is the procedure for an increase in ammo limit on the licence.
    Contact the Super, via the FO, and submit a request for an increase in the form of a letter explaining why you need the increase. Some helpful tips:
    Re: Section 4.1 - I request the maximum rounds of ammunition on my license be increased to (insert amount) for the following reasons:

1. Empty (fired) casings are treated the same as live rounds as per the Firearms Act, 1925 where it states that "ammunition for a firearm is any ingredient or component part of any such ammunition", with component part being the bullet, the casing, the propellant or the primer. So my license must allow me to have a high enough limit to have both live and fired rounds in my possession.
    2. I regularly take part in target competitions and actively attend target ranges for practice. As a result of this I can go through a large quantity of rounds in a short period of time.
    3. Buying bulk rounds of ammunition to reduce trips to dealer and for cost implications.
    4. Distance to dealer being excessive & inconvenient.

For these reasons I hope you can grant my request to increase the limit of ammunition to allow me to stay within the conditions of my licence.
    The FCA2, while i won't say it's the wrong way, is for amending an error on your license or cancelling a license. There is nothing on it to amend or seek an increase in ammo limits.
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm kind of curious if you need to pay an extra €80.
    No, or more accurately, i've never been asked for it. You're not getting a new license in the sense its a new firearm, nor are you adding a suppressor, that is by law a firearm and subject to another €80 fee.

I'd liken it to a reprint of a lost license. IOW no fee.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Sorry to dig up an old thread but looking to get my shotgun ammo allowance increased aswell,

I was going to write a letter adressed to the FO in my local station, or would it be better to be for the Super?

Also is it a case of them simply sending me out the new licence with the changes if its granted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

GolfVI wrote: »
    I was going to write a letter adressed to the FO in my local station, or would it be better to be for the Super?
    As above,
    Cass wrote:
    Contact the Super, via the FO, and submit a request for an increase in the form of a letter explaining why you need the increase.
    your Super issues licenses. The FO fields all calls and letters but s/he cannot issue an increase without the Super ok-ing it.
    GolfVI wrote:
    Also is it a case of them simply sending me out the new licence with the changes if its granted

Yes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Cass wrote: »
    As above,

your Super issues licenses. The FO fields all calls and letters but s/he cannot issue an increase without the Super ok-ing it.

Yes.

Perfect, thanks Cass

Advertisement