Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo devices and Apple Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Alexa keeps telling me Apple Music is not available in my region. I have the skill enabled and Apple Music set as default. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

Doodah7 wrote: »
    I see that, FINALLY, Apple Music can now be set as the default music service on Echo devices.

The skill has to be enabled and then chosen in settings rather than appearing there automatically.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/smart-home/news/amazon/147669-apple-music-comes-to-echo-devices-in-the-uk

Working nicely for me.

How do you get the apple account to link ?
    I’m asked to log in to my apple account which I do , then nothing else seems to happen, and when I tap ‘Done’ it’s back to saying that I need to link my account again ?

jamesieliz wrote: »
    How do you get the apple account to link ?
    I’m asked to log in to my apple account which I do , then nothing else seems to happen, and when I tap ‘Done’ it’s back to saying that I need to link my account again ?

That's basically what happens for me. It goes to a blank screen with "Done" after I enter my apple ID and 2FA. I can select Apple Music as the default player but if I ask it to play something it says not available in my region. Phone and AppleID are set to Ireland. On the my amazon account I've tried UK and international as I don't see an Ireland option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Same issue for me with the blank screen, I remember I had similar issues before when signing into a third-party service with my Apple Music account.

I switched to chrome on the browser and that seemed to work over Safari weirdly enough. I’ll give the desktop site a try to see if it works.

Edit: Yeah switching to chrome seems to solve the problem. I tried desktop safari first and same problem. Seems like Apple’s own music api doesn’t work well with their own browser.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Same issue for me with the blank screen, I remember I had similar issues before when signing into a third-party service with my Apple Music account.

I switched to chrome on the browser and that seemed to work over Safari weirdly enough. I’ll give the desktop site a try to see if it works.

Edit: Yeah switching to chrome seems to solve the problem. I tried desktop safari first and same problem. Seems like Apple’s own music api doesn’t work well with their own browser.

Thanks, that worked for me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Thanks, that worked for me too

How are you opening it in Chrome? No matter what I do (copy link and manually open in Chrome or use the Open In Chrome shortcut), I get the blank page after I enter my TFA. I’m on an iPhone XR, iOS version 12.2 and all apps up to date.

phutyle wrote: »
    How are you opening it in Chrome? No matter what I do (copy link and manually open in Chrome or use the Open In Chrome shortcut), I get the blank page after I enter my TFA.

As recommended above I did it all on pc taker than on my phone. I started directly in chrome and searched google for Alexa Apple Music Skill. That found it on amazon and after signing in to my amazon account I had a link button. I clicked that and it launched the account linking page for apple but instead of a blank screen I had an allow button. Clicked that and job done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ah, didn’t realise you were using a PC, and not the phone. Got it working on my Mac using Chrome. Thanks!

Advertisement