Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffs of Moher cycle.

Options
  • 04-04-2019 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing this, there's about thirty from our east coast club heading over west for this. Weather looking iffy and currently packing all my winter and summer gear in the bag, good wheels and winter ones plus mudguards ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

One or 2 from ym club doing it, weather forecast has changed to good.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

There was a very bad looking accident on this event inside the first 10km in the 125km group. I was about 60m back when it happened and quite a few of us were quite shook, after what we saw. We moved on to avoid blocking the road and as she was receiving some care from other cyclists.

I am trying to find out of the girl who came down is OK and wondering if anyone has any information - a simple yes would be great?

Yes she's ok, we were told she had a fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

jamesd wrote: »
    Yes she's ok, we were told she had a fit.

jamesd
    In addition to having a fit face down on the road, she was also out cold and bleeding from the mouth, so I was concerned for her life. In these circumstances, I am delighted to hear she is Ok.

I also would like to thank you for posting a response.

Probably important to point out that myself and a number of my mates had an otherwise very enjoyable event and we all felt it was very well organised.

We were concerned too, poor lady, we asked the organiser at the finish and I heard a few others asking him too.
    We are all so vulnerable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

moonshadow wrote: »
    Anyone doing this, there's about thirty from our east coast club heading over west for this. Weather looking iffy and currently packing all my winter and summer gear in the bag, good wheels and winter ones plus mudguards ;)

Did it a couple of years back, its a stunning route and you are very well looked after.
    It was great value then (not sure if the price has increased) and its a nice local event that isnt trying to gouge you.
    I'd love to go back but dont have the time.

Advertisement