Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft package query for laptop

Options
  • 05-04-2019 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    My daughter has a Fujitsu laptop, and needs a microsoft package for school
    projects.
    The only stickers on the laptop and Intel inside CORE i3, and Lifebook A Series...
    whatever these mean...

I did a quick google search and saw loads of ways of buying and lots of variations
    in the price.

So your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, ODL>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hi op

most schools and 3rd level institution have an office 365 subscription in my expereince. you can once logged in with your school account download and use microsoft office without any extra cost.
    give the school a shout and check if this is the case, before spending any money yourself.

if you do end up having to purchase something, does it have to be microsoft? libreoffice is one example of a free office suite that can work with microsoft office files and save as microsoft office format.

if buying office 365 - the office 365 personal is available from £50 per year from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Xterminator, yes it has to be Microsoft...working in conjunction with teachers corrections of homework of projects...
    Thanks for suggestion of Amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Hi Xterminator, yes it has to be Microsoft...working in conjunction with teachers corrections of homework of projects...
    Thanks for suggestion of Amazon...

Still check out office 365 through the school, most do have it.

I bought education licensed ms office from software4students.ie in the past, may be worth a look

By far the best option is if you can get a Microsoft HUP licence.
    Stands for 'home usage programme'

Its a scheme where Microsoft allow employers who spend €€€€ on Microsoft licences to offer full office licences for personal use to their staff for a tiny price.

I have gotten the latest office professional for about 15 quid

NB these are perpetual licences, not a yearly thing like office 365

If you work for a large company ask your it or hr dept if you are part of the programme. If not, ask your friends/family who work for a company that may offer it. In my case I got it through a major bank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I am almost certain that all 2nd and above educational institutions are entitled for O365 and G suite for free.
    All it takes , fill in some forms and wait for approval (3-4 weeks)
    If school management not done that - poor
    Kids now getting their personal accounts within school domain(for term in the school). Information, tasks, etc are shared over OneDrive/Drive.
    One O365 license allow up to 5 installs/activations

Double check with your school

Advertisement