Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidy Towns in Ballybrack?

Options
  • 05-04-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently moved to Ballybrack and while I am loving the area, the litter can be an issue at times.

I would love to get involved with Tidy Towns in the area but it appears that there isn't one (although it seems there was at one point). So my question is can anyone tell me if there is and if not, is there anyone here who would be interested in getting involved in a Ballybrack tidy town group?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kirstinone

Hi! Myself and my husband would be very interested in helping out with tidy towns. Did you get any further with it? I see there's a Killiney/Ballybrack district community council but they don't seem to do anything regularly. We moved to Ballybrack last year.

Also, have you asked within the Born and bred in Ballybrack facebook page? Might be a good place to find out if there's anything already happening in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Check out situation with one of the local councilors. I have heard that a supply of bags, gloves, litter pickers can be provided by some councils.

It does take a bit of organising but liase with local community groups and get a weekly cleanup going. It can be discouraging at first but you would be surprised how the amount of litter decreases.
    You cant depend on local council workers to tidy places but certainly getting them to empty refuse bins more frequently to stop overflowing is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niceview

Hi Kirtstinone,

No I didn't hear any more on this or make any further progress.

I'm not on facebook myself so can't do anything there but Edgware's idea of speaking with councillors makes a lot of sense. They may be able to tap into some supporters to get involved or spread the message. I will get in touch with them and report back with any news!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

niceview wrote: »
    Hi Kirtstinone,

No I didn't hear any more on this or make any further progress.

I'm not on facebook myself so can't do anything there but Edgware's idea of speaking with councillors makes a lot of sense. They may be able to tap into some supporters to get involved or spread the message. I will get in touch with them and report back with any news!

Hi Niceview,

If you want to PM me your details, I Can put you in touch with Someone on the council who could point you in the right direction

Advertisement