Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering frame from Hong Kong

Options
  • 05-04-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Need to order a new frame as mine is a little big so i see that the Neil Pryde distributor is China based the Nazare Areo frame 1200 euros.Iv had a Neil Pryde before and loved it so thought id transfer the components from my Giant Propel on to this.So im just wondering will i get hit with any import tax or anything like that when ordering from here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its about 13,500 HKD with shipping, so €1500 with €350 VAT and a handling fee to be paid on landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭willdill

So the customs hit me with the VAT when it arrives so be 1500 altogether with the VAT am i right.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

€1850 - 1950 depending on if any duty tariffs are applicable.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

List time I checked, the duty on imports form Hong Kong was 4.7 percent.

They'll charge duty on the total cost, i.e. item cost plus delivery charge. VAT will then be levied on that total amount.

Advertisement