Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary Review after 6 months- realistic figure to ask for

Options
  • 05-04-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have been in my current role for almost 6 months and have a salary review upcoming.

I am an in a very fast-paced, sales heavy role in a technical area. I started off as a junior with about 1 years experience in the industry i'm working in and started on a 28k p/a salary.

I have made a lot of sales in my time in the company, and have consequently made quite a large sum of money for the company in the 6 months i'm here.

I've never had a salary review before, so I have no idea what to anticipate the offer will be (if any!!)

I have it in my mind to ask for my salary to be bumped to 32k p/a (an additional 4k- however this works out as an increase of over 14%...) am I out of my mind going in with this number in my head? Is there usually a limit to what companies will offer at a salary review?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisement