Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT TakeOver: New York Live Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I’d have Walter squash Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And considering he was part of the last Tough Enough along with Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville it helps to not win the show. I know 23 and he is this good.I mean imagine him at 30 ?

Hope he doesn’t end up with Orton syndrome, but I’d worry for him ever getting started on the main roster as long as Vince is still breathing. He’d have to be brought up and debuted very, very carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That UK championship title is a gorgeous looking belt.

Haven’t seen Walter wrestle before, he looks like an.....interesting character.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    well my barefoot reference in WRESTLING lithium is Kevin Von Erich. I did actually but this isn't UFC this is NXT and pro wrestling.

Ah well maybe ya could've maybe added/asterixed to your post, apologies for biting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Riddle vs Kushida would be so good, hope it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ah well maybe ya could've maybe added/asterixed to your post, apologies for biting.

Sorry Lithium. I assumed by mentioning Kevin Von Erich the extra context wasn't needed, but it was wrong of me to assume things. I will endeavour to be clearer in future. Lithium no need to apologies for biting as you call it.

Somewhere down the road, I want to see Walter vs a motivated Brock Lesnar, assuming Lesnar is still with the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This started very slow but has gotten very good.

These 2 are just bearing the crap out of each other

• Advertisement

3 matches in, and I'm still entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id love too be there right now hearing those UK chants

one day ill make a mania trip please god

That was a brutal match.

****ing hell

That powerbomb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was an absorbing match. I had high expectations for this card, but they've been surpassed big time.

It’s mad how the first three matches were so different from each other, but every one of them was as excellent as the other. Such a great range of styles. The best part is that Gargano vs. Cole should steal the show, but that’ll be a 6 star match at this rate.

I’m actually struggling to decide what’s been my favorite match they’ve all been so good

Kairi getting no reaction. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That Bianca one does nothing for me lads don't know what it is about her

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s mad how the first three matches were so different from each other, but every one of them was as excellent as the other. Such a great range of styles. The best part is that Gargano vs. Cole should steal the show, but that’ll be a 6 star match at this rate.

Plus the feuds are given time to develop and breathe, instead of slap-dash booking.

jesus womens wreslting has changed

imagine what Trish, Lita, Chyna would of done in this era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Given how thin Bianca bel-air is, she has incredible strength.

Io floats through the air. Some air on that dropkick.

Wrong winner there

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Wrong winner there

Surprising and I definitely didn't think Bianca would tap again.

Where do they go from that? Bianca has tapped twice, Shayna has done everything she can in NXT really. Relinquish the belt and move up like Asuka did?

The hype package for Gargano/Cole is absolutely top notch.

iron man tribute

what a guy gargano

Adam Cole looks like a superstar. I bet Vince wishes he was 5 inches taller.

Wow, quite a few boos for Johnny.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Adam Cole looks like a superstar. I bet Vince wishes he was 5 inches taller.

Wow, quite a few boos for Johnny.

What’s the story with that? Thought the heelish persona would die with Ciampa injured.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    What’s the story with that? Thought the heelish persona would die with Ciampa injured.

Dunno, it's weird. Maybe it's because he was brought up to the main roster and is only in the match because Ciampa's injury so the fans are on the side of the real NXT wrestler, Cole.

Dunno, it's weird. Maybe it's because he was brought up to the main roster and is only in the match because Ciampa's injury so the fans are on the side of the real NXT wrestler, Cole.

That sounds exactly like the type of thing an NXT crowd would do tbf.

What a match

Follow that Wrestlemania 35, follow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

That was a damn good match. Damn good indeed

I did not expect that

What the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thought the main event was a bit of a letdown, not bad just not amazing.

Also having Ciampa on the ramp was dumb, especially that big group hug ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ciampa!

Loved that match. Gargano is such a great underdog babyface.

Takeover kills it again. 5 matches, all fantastic.

It was a great match for sure, but it left me a bit cold for some reason. Nowhere near the level of emotion that DIY evoked, but it was still a solid ending and Ciampa coming out was a nice touch. It pretty much confirms that he won’t return to NXT when/if he comes back, that story is wrapped now.

Probably the best overall wrestling show I’ve ever seen though, even though I missed the women’s match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Fantastic show. Was at it in Brooklyn and the atmosphere was electric. Best wrestling event I’ve ever been at I’d say. Funny bit of info, as soon as it went off the air, Chiampa jokingly teased grabbing Johnny by the head and ramming him into the video wall. Then Johnny did the same before Chiampa grabbed Candice as if he was about to fire her into the screen 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought it was a really good but not all time great Takeover. The first three matches were brilliant, building up to for me the match of the night in Dunne/WALTER. The women's 4 way did nothing for me, and the main event was good, could have done without the over booking at the end though.

Wrestlemania won't beat this, but neither will beat the G1 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But the title match was between Ciampa and Gargano originally, so both guys were being called up. Though think Ciampa's injury has delayed Gargano's call up for now.

Great sendoff for Black and Ricochet. Shows how much the place means that it was like they were leaving the company. Ricochet was even crying.
    Also a great match. Hanson shouldn't move like he does but Ricochet catching him was also quite mad.
    One thing they did that shouldn't happen in tag matches is both members of a team being in on the pin. The ref shouldn't count the pin.
    Hope Ricochet is okay.

How did they make Dream work? The character was risky at most times but especially now. He could've been too camp or not committed to the part enough. I know we've had Rick Rude before, but look at someone like Orlando Jordan. So fair play to Dream for taking the character and owning it.
    Anyway, was another good match. While we see these guys on the weekly shows, it's usually not until NXT that we really get to see what they're capable of and winning people over. That match could have gone either way. The mid match turn for Riddle was interesting. Wonder if it will happen again.

The UK title match definitely shows the difference in styles. Shows slower doesn't necessarily mean boring.

Think women's match my least favourite. Shayna is a great heel, but it seemed very choreographed with whose turn it was in the ring and what moves they had to do. I know it happens for most multi person matches but it seemed too obvious here. Also I think Io needs a match that can show what she's got. Shayna had multiple matches. Kairi had hers. Bianca also. Io hasn't had that big match yet. Nothing to showcase her to those who haven't seen her previous work.

Glad to see Johnny win. I know he was expected to lose and move up. Even overcame the UE interference and turned the fans to his side again by the end. Half expected Ciampa to take off the neck brace and attack him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What a great show every match was unreal , agreed the womens match was prob the weakest.
    Main event was just perfect and loved ciampa coming out at the end was a nice moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Not sure WWE have ever put on a show of that caliber before, top to bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

In terms of takeovers for me this was second only to New Orleans

Riddle-Dream was my match of the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Thought Riddle Dream was somewhat sloppy but decent all the same. The opener and the main event were off the charts.

One let down was that the end cane with a tap. Always feel the 1-2-3 is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I guarantee that NXT takeover will be the only thing that justifies the months network sub. It was absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

V9 wrote: »
    I guarantee that NXT takeover will be the only thing that justifies the months network sub. It was absolutely brilliant.

Wrestlemania would have to fall pretty badly off a cliff not to prove you wrong. Been a very good show. :cool:

Advertisement