Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Live Game - The Experiment

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    you encouraged me to change to Conor, so simply because of that I feel Vernon is probably okay and now yourself and Katie are the wolves.

Yet, Conor, now the only one we absolutely know is good, said he thought you were the bad 'un????

Just because I was wrong, doesn't mean I am bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

What was that noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

As night fell and Conors limp remains swung in the breeze, Katie and Derry had an epiphany. Killing folks is fun! With glee in their eyes, the pair descended on the remaining villagers

WOLF WIN

Full Roster
    Boards Anon Role
    G&R Katie Wolf
    QB Derry Wolf
    TeddyDaniels Vernon Bodyguard
    sKeith Angus Prince
    Fixxxer Doris NRV
    Whiplashy Conor Cupid
    Strawberry Milkshake Phil Wild Child
    Clarabel Eva Mayor

thanks for playing guys, hope everyone had a good time!

Thoughts and feedback?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Nice one GnR!!!

High five!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I really enjoyed it. I’d love more of these short games. Loved not knowing what the roles were, I think it would have gotten very interesting if us villagers hadn’t killed each other off for the wolf’s!

• Advertisement

I didn’t even get to say hello

Well done wolfies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Sorry Straws. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Nice one GnR!!!

High five!!

Nice one!

Why’d you send me a message saying Eva was a wolf? That made me think ye were on a second team!

I was sickened for ya Strawbs :(

Loved the mystery element too, and the no CoP.

Wolves record of winning live games continues. While I'm happy with this today, I wonder if it's something that could be compensated for the next game?

• Advertisement

I ate my curly wurly swirlies and all was good again

Katie WW wrote: »
    Nice one!

Why’d you send me a message saying Eva was a wolf? That made me think ye were on a second team!

Did I? I don't think that was me.

I don’t understand? If I was the bodyguard why wasn’t I asked to protect till 7:55?
    Also the account wasn’t set to message notifications like my own is so I didn’t even see I had a message till just now.

I was sickened for ya Strawbs :(

By design, it had to be someone.

Did you all get to send messages?

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. I’d love more of these short games. Loved not knowing what the roles were, I think it would have gotten very interesting if us villagers hadn’t killed each other off for the wolf’s!

The Telegram group I robbed the idea off play several games a day, they use about 40 different possible roles and the games last 2 minutes - 2 hours, you could definitely join a group that doesn't play Amnesia if you wanted more straight forward rapid fire games.

I'd definitely do it again with a bigger group, I'd need mods though the PM thing was wrecking my head and there were only 2 players really using it

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I don’t understand? If I was the bodyguard why wasn’t I asked to protect till 7:55?
    Also the account wasn’t set to message notifications like my own is so I didn’t even see I had a message till just now.

There's limits on PMs on boards I was firing them off as fast as I could. You got one at 17.44 and 18.52 too, I had asked a dead player to step in by the time you'd posted so they may have opened the messages before you logged on

The op states that I would get a pm anytime I could use my ability so was the bodyguard only allowed protect from the third munch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

The Telegram group I robbed the idea off play several games a day, they use about 40 different possible roles and the games last 2 minutes - 2 hours, you could definitely join a group that doesn't play Amnesia if you wanted more straight forward rapid fire games.

I'd definitely do it again with a bigger group, I'd need mods though the PM thing was wrecking my head and there were only 2 players really using it

Ah I didn’t really get the pm thing because I was late and only skimmed the OP. I didn’t realize any of us could just send them to you for someone. Totally clear when I read back over it but didn’t get it on skimming initially.

Did you all get to send messages?

Everyone could, the wolves and Eva/Clara were the only ones to. Had Masons been randed or lovers been picked their PM would have been

"Blah blah amnesia

A name sounds familiar to you, but you can't recall why:
    Digi WW"

which is how the wolves knew one another, so more people would have incentive to PM, and the Seer I imagine would get a lot of use from it

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    The op states that I would get a pm anytime I could use my ability so was the bodyguard only allowed protect from the third munch?

No, check the date and time of the PM, I sent 3 to Vernon

*edit* Only two showing for me actually, the first two

Regardless, you should have been modkilled by the time munch 3 came around, I let the night pass incase ye blocked correctly. Would still have been a wolf win but spicier

So, who sent a message to Katie saying that Eva was a wolf, if not me?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

quickbeam wrote: »
    Did I? I don't think that was me.

So I misread this message

Eva has been in touch. She said she had no PMs to start with. I told her I hadn't either and had hoped to draw the first munch. I'm voting for Vernon as she is doing. Happy to leap on board the "wolves in no posters" mania. One mislynch tonight, and I assume we win, as it'll be 2 v 2. This is my last PM this phase.

-Derry

As Eva saying she was a wolf, which made me mistrust you. Then Eva texts asking if I’ve had any PMs, that she’s had none, which I know to be a lie, which makes me think yer lovers or something and You’re double crossing me

Sorry Whip I'm not keeping up with Nigel, no deadroom the whole game is here and the few wolf PMs

Katie WW wrote: »
    As Eva saying she was a wolf, which made me mistrust you. Then Eva texts asking if I’ve had any PMs, that she’s had none, which I know to be a lie, which makes me think yer lovers or something and You’re double crossing me

When it didn't end after Conor was lynched and it was 2 v 2, I thought you had double crossed me, and were part of Cupid's team or something. Mutual distrust :)

Who did Cupid choose, btw?

Didn't, was late to the party so the names weren't locked, it didn't seem fair to you guys that he'd be picking from 5 instead of 8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So I really liked the format but I think it would be better in a longer game where people could send PMs. Even though Derry was names in my original PM I was wary of PMing him/her. I thought for a longer game we had distanced ourselves quiet well (until my Eva PM f**k up where I basically outted us cause I thought she was roled)

Digi, you did a serious job, I asked earlier how many of ye there were, didn’t realise you were on your own

You did well not to set boards on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think for such a short game we had a massive advantage, by us being two of the more frequent posters we could snipe at each other but still jump on bandwagons

Green&Red wrote: »
    So I really liked the format but I think it would be better in a longer game where people could send PMs. Even though Derry was names in my original PM I was wary of PMing him/her. I thought for a longer game we had distanced ourselves quiet well (until my Eva PM f**k up where I basically outted us cause I thought she was roled)

Digi, you did a serious job, I asked earlier how many of ye there were, didn’t realise you were on your own

You did well not to set boards on fire

Tbh I think you could probably just let players PM each other, its done that way on the Telegram I was just wary of smarter players breaking my game, so I had an eye on them to be sure

I was double, triple and then quad checking every PM, sending some to you instead of QB or vice versa would be G but anything else and your game is cooked

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    I thought for a longer game we had distanced ourselves quiet well (until my Eva PM f**k up where I basically outted us cause I thought she was roled)

I thought you were just creating distance between us like I'd done with you.

Fourth time an evil this year. Are mods trying to tell me something??

Sterling job Digi! It was an experiment. And I liked a lot of elements of the game, and, like GnR said, I think it would be worth doing some of those things in a longer game, or in a game with more sign-ups.

Advertisement