Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadwood

• 05-04-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this before and if so would you recommend it. Is there must action i.e typical western shoot outs? I heard their is plenty of bad language

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Cocksucker.

billyhead wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this before and if so would you recommend it. Is there must action i.e typical western shoot outs? I heard their is plenty of bad language

It's extremely high quality TV. Start watching it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

It's amazing, can't recommend it enough. There is plenty of foul language though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭peter4918

A great show with a brilliant cast. Ian McShane is excellent in it. Pity there was only 3 seasons. There’s a movie coming out sometime in May I think so looking forward to that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

peter4918 wrote: »
    A great show with a brilliant cast. Ian McShane is excellent in it. Pity there was only 3 seasons. There’s a movie coming out sometime in May I think so looking forward to that!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Now would be the perfect time to watch it as the film in May will help conclude it, something most of us haven't had since 2006.

A classic show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

endacl wrote: »
    Cocksucker.
    Every step a ****ing adventure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just a reminder folks there is a new 2 hour film follow up on tonight on Sky Atlantic at 9pm.

Just a reminder folks there is a new 2 hour film follow up on tonight on Sky Atlantic at 9pm.

Ha!? Really? Brand New original cast, series wrap up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

It's extremely high quality TV. Start watching it now.

Watched a few episodes years ago and thought it was lacking action and too much talking. When you hear western you want guns, horses, action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

On the plus side, my missus finally understood why Son was offside there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

I found it a complete chore.

It's clearly very well made but its just so unbelievably miserable and I struggled to get through just the first season and didn't bother with it after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Watched a few episodes years ago and thought it was lacking action and too much talking. When you hear western you want guns, horses, action.

Pffft,

Deadwood was fcking class -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Deadwood is TV at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Arghus wrote: »
    Pffft,

Deadwood was fcking class -

Is that the best action scene you can find? They look as if they are making love :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The old original cast was in the movie I watched tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Wonderful tv. It's due another run in this house.

It's a feature length episode with all the same characters and actors, set 10 years after the end of season three- they were threatening to do it for years in order to wrap up the story properly.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Is that the best action scene you can find? They look as if they are making love :D

There's no talking to some people I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This series is my all time top five
    About to watch the film and I’m scared. I hope it lives up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This series is my all time top five
    About to watch the film and I’m scared. I hope it lives up to it.

It does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

hope you are right

That was fantastic and totally fitting.
    Bit on the nose to begin with but in the best way.
    What a way to go out

SWIJJIN!!

Doesn't appear to have been released to much fanfare. I know it was never a huge show, but critically acclaimed, however I thought I'd have heard more

thought Powers Booth would have been back to play Tolliver, he was the only main character not to be back in this.

The actress who plays Trixie is good in this but couldn't stand her in Ray Donovan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

thought Powers Booth would have been back to play Tolliver, he was the only main character not to be back in this.

The actress who plays Trixie is good in this but couldn't stand her in Ray Donovan

Powers is sadly no longer with us

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/sin-city-deadwood-star-powers-boothe-died-aged-68-588235

Zeek12 wrote: »

RIP

Didn't hear that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Just came across it on Now TV. Very surprised at the lack of promotion around the new feature. Great show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

It does.

I'm sorry but it does not. I watched this last night and it was awful. Where did they get the dialog from? Why was everyone speaking in Shakespearean rhyme? Deadwood was never this bad. The story was contrived and meandering, with no sense of direction or purpose. New characters introduced for no reason, and had nothing to do with the story. All the old characters revisited just for the sake of it, with again no real story to wrap up or go anywhere. It seemed like everyone had to be given their 2 minutes on screen and that was it.

Deadwood was one of the best TV shows ever. Everyone should watch it, but not watch this. This was a waste of 2 hours - other than for Woo saying Swiggin, I missed that.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but it does not. I watched this last night and it was awful. Where did they get the dialog from? Why was everyone speaking in Shakespearean rhyme? Deadwood was never this bad. The story was contrived and meandering, with no sense of direction or purpose. New characters introduced for no reason, and had nothing to do with the story. All the old characters revisited just for the sake of it, with again no real story to wrap up or go anywhere. It seemed like everyone had to be given their 2 minutes on screen and that was it.

Deadwood was one of the best TV shows ever. Everyone should watch it, but not watch this. This was a waste of 2 hours - other than for Woo saying Swiggin, I missed that.

That was always the style of dialogue in deadwood. Always.

Advertisement