Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for parts purchases

Options
  • 05-04-2019 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

will be looking to trigger to buy a new system in the weeks ahead, but hesitant to buy of uk sites in light of the drama across the pond.

overclockers.co.uk
    scan.co.uk
    amazon.co.uk

last build i did was when hardwareversand.de was in business and a few bits from mindfactory.de

anything outside of the above that is maybe new/decent?
    any extra thoughts about scan or overclockers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Amazon and OCUK are fine. Avoid Scan. Terrible customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

What terrorfirmer said^ scan does not give a crap if something they sell you is faulty,i wouldnt even buy a cable of them ever again
    stick with amazon for the no hassle customer service and ocuk in my small experience with them are fine also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Thanks,
    But any other European alternatives given the brexit ****e, potentially ordering uk items in the weeks ahead could be additional import duties

also support, buy today delivered with no hassle but then the worst case scenario happens - where I stand on consumer rights when they become a third country for after issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Laviski wrote: »
    Thanks,
    But any other European alternatives given the brexit ****e, potentially ordering uk items in the weeks ahead could be additional import duties

also support, buy today delivered with no hassle but then the worst case scenario happens - where I stand on consumer rights when they become a third country for after issues...

Amazon.it, .fr, .de use camelcamelcamel to find out which is cheaper and check for items “fulfilled by amazon” too, they can sometimes be cheaper than the ones sold directly by amazon

Advertisement