Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ prank?

• 06-04-2019 4:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

Anyone see that man dressed as a woman going around the city centre yesterday with toilet roll hanging from his dress? Accompanied by a old man on a mobility scooter. I assume it’s for some show like Naked Camera?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone see that man dressed as a woman going around the city centre yesterday with toilet roll hanging from his dress? Accompanied by a old man on a mobility scooter. I assume it’s for some show like Naked Camera?

Didn't see that, but about 20 people dressed like Pandas were running down Henry St. yesterday eve, so I'm assuming it's for something along those lines too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Good use of t.v. license money. R.T.E. can’t do comedy. They recently axed Podge and Rodge, after a number of failed attempts to be relevant/funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Pretty sure it was to do with the fringe festival http://limerickfringe.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Nikki Sixx wrote:
    Good use of t.v. license money. R.T.E. can’t do comedy. They recently axed Podge and Rodge, after a number of failed attempts to be relevant/funny.

The Savage Eye was recent enough and I loved it. Proper off the wall comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

callaway92 wrote: »
    Didn't see that, but about 20 people dressed like Pandas were running down Henry St. yesterday eve, so I'm assuming it's for something along those lines too.

The Pandas were a stag party. The Stag himself was dressed as a pig.

They ended up in the Locke Bar.

They were very good natured and very funny (they were very polite to my elderly Mum who had to cross through them to go into a shop).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

sioda wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was to do with the fringe festival http://limerickfringe.com

Yeah, I spotted them in the Milk Market. I know the cameraman from the local poetry scene. Definitely something related to a Fringe Festival piece.

Advertisement