Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Thermostats Offline

• 06-04-2019 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have three Nest Thermostats, one on each floor, I have three Apple Airport Extremes and excellent home broadband with Vodafone which also provides WiFi (turned off).

Basically the Stats are offline 80% of the time, I’ve tried them on the Voda WiFi with no improvement. As went thru the usual of resetting the router etc.

I’m convinced it something to do with Firewall (set to low) / Port Forwarding etc.

Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,

Con.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 manitou

I have 4 Nest devices and had same problems for months. I am with Vodafone FTTC with speeds 100/20. I bought TP-Link Archer VR600 and everything works perfect now. Vodafone's service is absolutely fine but their equipment not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Replaced the Extremes with Google WiFi, sorted.

Advertisement