Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion sensor to photocell?

Options
  • 06-04-2019 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all.
    I'm going to replace my outdoor wall light but I can't find a nice photocell operated light.
    If I use a normal light and just replace the motion sensing unit (which is separate to the current light) with a photocell unit would this work?
    I want the light to work from dusk to dawn.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭crf450

Hey Robin yes that would work .

Basically you don't want motion sensor any more to operate the light you just want light to come on at dusk and go off in morning if so what you said will work

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robin2000

crf450 wrote: »
    Hey Robin yes that would work .

Basically you don't want motion sensor any more to operate the light you just want light to come on at dusk and go off in morning if so what you said will work

Ya that's it. The motion sensor doesn't work anyway so I'd rather replace it with a photocell and get a new LED light. Thanks

Advertisement