Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Get your own private cubicle if you're so bothered ye idiot.

This can be achieved in most starting stalls with a 20c coin, and locking the trap after you.
    An effective "reservation" if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Get your own private cubicle if you're so bothered ye idiot.

I only ever go poo if the toilet is empty too though. Thats my own security problem, the same as you.

He wasn't in the wrong just because you're uncomfortable hearing someone else go toilet.

This can be achieved in most starting stalls with a 20c coin, and locking the trap after you.
    An effective "reservation" if you will

I think we’ve gotten off the mark again here. The issue isn’t sharing the toilet, having someone come in or whatever.

This about two colleagues in one place, a toilet with only two stalls and one colleague going into the other stall while the other guy in there. This is the issue. And it is clearly in breach of standard toilet usage, be it between work colleagues or personal friends.

It would be great to have your own jacks or get to lock everyone else out but no one really minds when they don’t know who’s in the stall next to them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I think we’ve gotten off the mark again here. The issue isn’t sharing the toilet, having someone come in or whatever.

This about two colleagues in one place, a toilet with only two stalls and one colleague going into the other stall while the other guy in there. This is the issue. And it is clearly in breach of standard toilet usage, be it between work colleagues or personal friends.

It would be great to have your own jacks or get to lock everyone else out but no one really minds when they don’t know who’s in the stall next to them.

Im sorry, youre right.
    Strayed off topic with a protip
    May be worthy of a seperate thread

Im sorry, youre right.
    Strayed off topic with a protip
    May be worthy of a seperate thread

Apology accepted, let’s put it behind us now.

There’s a couple of potentially separate threads in here, the “work ****” for one. Could even add a poll to see who does it and who lies.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Apology accepted, let’s put it behind us now.

There’s a couple of potentially separate threads in here, the “work ****” for one. Could even add a poll to see who does it and who lies.

That work **** stuff sits uncomfortably in this thread, almost like a turd in a sink, to use a pertinent simile

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

If you are regularly getting one of these buoyant bastards I would be remiss if I didn’t suggest a change in diet, maybe try adding more fibre intake.

You could do this with the addition of bran to your morning porridge or possibly with some sort of supplement.

Would I be right in thinking you’d be a “gassy” fella? Bacteria in the gut likes to feast on the shítty matter within and this produces gas, once this stuff gets imbedded into the stool you could use them to keep a small child afloat in a swimming pool.

You’d want to be putting more than a simple sheet on it if you’re looking to get that up pass down under the “arch”, it’s weight you need as modern fracking techniques would have no effect on such a small scale.

I’ve a theory on those floating turds. I don't think its dietary. They could be down to a thing called hydraulic jumps which is what drowns loads of dumb ass kayakers going down small flowing dams. End up in a washing machine. I’ve been working on the below all night and replaced the hapless dumbass kayaker with a turd to prove my theory.

dBEVoy0.jpg

https://youtu.be/GVDpqphHhAE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

One lad will actually wait outside the stalls for one to free up. He’s right there as soon as you open the door. Why he won’t just use the handicapped toilet like a normal person is beyond me.

Are you a horse, or what?

TomasMacR wrote: »
    I’ve a theory on those floating turds. I don't think its dietary. They could be down to a thing called hydraulic jumps which is what drowns loads of dumb ass kayakers going down small flowing dams. End up in a washing machine. I’ve been working on the below all night and replaced the hapless dumbass kayaker with a turd to prove my theory.

dBEVoy0.jpg

That is certainly a very interesting theory, one that doesn’t fully discount the effect of gas bubbles within the stool itself. There is certainly enough there that would warrant further study.
    Are you a horse, or what?

It’s above average, alright. Certainly never had any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I'm with Emmet on this.
    I tend not to be swayed by colourful diagrams and don't accept the theory. Even in extremely low-turbulence environments some will rise to bob mockingly at you, and some will fall to the bottom of the u-bend. We've got to look again at the turd itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

TomasMacR wrote: »

dBEVoy0.jpg

The main weakness in the above theory is that the water in a kayak situation has room to bulge upward into the surrounding atmosphere. Whereas the U Bend and waste pipe is a sealed water right environment with no where to go.

We cannot ignore the consistency, length, size and solubility of the turd. All turds are not created equally.

Where is the control?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The kayak floats in such a way as it is full of air, composition of the stool is very relevant here.

Ush1 wrote: »
    The kayak floats in such a way as it is full of air, composition of the stool is very relevant here.

Indeed, it's made of plastic!!

I would add that kayaks are consistent whereas turd are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Indeed, it's made of plastic!!

I would add that kayaks are consistent whereas turd are not.

It's a common enough scenario when the "pre gas" stage of brewing said turd has accidentally introduced some gas into the log itself.

Often manifested with an otherwise textbook dump is half way birthed, it suddenly gets lock in and pauses, followed by what is akin to a shotgun blast mid way, hurtling ballistics all over the back of the bowl. CSI would have a field day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's a common enough scenario when the "pre gas" stage of brewing said turd has accidentally introduced some gas into the log itself.

Often manifested with an otherwise textbook dump is half way birthed, it suddenly gets lock in and pauses, followed by what is akin to a shotgun blast mid way, hurtling ballistics all over the back of the bowl. CSI would have a field day.

The 3 states of matter in one movement: solids, liquids, and gases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

You'd need a Sh1t-Splatter Expert in to examine the scene of 'the crime.'

I would be of the opinion that if you are regularly pebble dashing the toilet bowel outside of a hard weekend of boozing then you have some gastrointestinal issues that need medical investigation.

You'd need a Sh1t-Splatter Expert in to examine the scene of 'the crime.'

‘Bag her up, detective inspector’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I would be of the opinion that if you are regularly pebble dashing the toilet bowel outside of a hard weekend of boozing then you have some gastrointestinal issues that need medical investigation.

True enough. If you're hosing it out like a fcuking sh1t geyser, you may need to close the national park down and seek medical help.

For the average joe, eating plenty greens and drinking a lot of water should have you bunting out velvet logs on demand.

I was over in Germany about a year ago at a trade conference, and made an absolute pig of myself - kebabs every night stumbling home from the boozer, sausages for breakfast, smoking 40 a day, drinking about 6 litres of beer per day. My digestive system was in tatters by the end - squirting out pure stomach acid, and left with a hole like the tale light on a Massey Ferguson 135. There was a hellish mixture of painful 'ring sting' and almost unbearable itch as well. The German equivalent of Renne wasn't working, and I was considering visiting a hospital to see if I was dying. Ended up just sticking a few bags of peas in the minibar and using them on rotation to keep the pain to a minimum. A mild hydrocortisone cream also helped tremendously.

Don't know how serious pintmen or beer merchants deal with that side-effect. They must never have anything that approaches a solid movement.

I was over in Germany about a year ago at a trade conference, and made an absolute pig of myself - kebabs every night stumbling home from the boozer, sausages for breakfast, smoking 40 a day, drinking about 6 litres of beer per day. My digestive system was in tatters by the end - squirting out pure stomach acid, and left with a hole like the tale light on a Massey Ferguson 135. There was a hellish mixture of painful 'ring sting' and almost unbearable itch as well. The German equivalent of Renne wasn't working, and I was considering visiting a hospital to see if I was dying. Ended up just sticking a few bags of peas in the minibar and using them on rotation to keep the pain to a minimum. A mild hydrocortisone cream also helped tremendously.

Don't know how serious pintmen or beer merchants deal with that side-effect. They must never have anything that approaches a solid movement.

You might want to consider hitting the spirits and mixers instead of beers for long preplanned sessions. The fallout is nowhere near as radioactive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

To be fair lads, it was myself that introduced the theme of unwanted sexual emissions in the workplace.

Deepest apologies if the thread became a little seedy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

There was a hellish mixture of painful 'ring sting' and almost unbearable itch as well.

How did you cope with the itch?

An itchy ring has 3 options and two types of people.

When it comes to itching your hole there are two types of people:

1. Those that admit to itching their hole
    2. Those that lie about not itching their hole

Even that cracker you saw earlier wherever you were has at some point has had those perfectly manicured and painted fingernails between her ass cleft providing some relief.

The three options are:

1. A very polite and unsatisfactory shuffle on a seat which only teases and toys with your ring.
    2. The preferred polite trip to the jacks for the jacks roll to do what it can, does the job.
    3. If you don’t give a f*ck you can go full Joachim Lowe on your arsehole and scratch the ‘****’ out of it bareback, pun intended.

https://youtu.be/j7USaBkHt8o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I always say when I see a lad scratching his hoop “Have you something in your eye, pal”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Believe that was true.... lad working in, Finance...I think, was waiting for a free trap at the 1030 evacuation, when in rolls an Executive Officer and claims ‘privelege’.

Lad says he blew out a load like a bolt of otters going off a riverbank, and left the pan like the Derby Co. goalmouth in the 1960s.

Fcuking whack of stale salmon and peanuts was vile the lad said.

Like a bears den after a winter hibernation.....fcuking rank.

:D post of the year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I always say when I see a lad scratching his hoop “Have you something in your eye, pal”.

I prefer the old...

"Are you off to the cinema?"

"No, why?"

"Sorry I thought I saw you picking your seat"

My mate prefers...

"Are you cutting teeth?"..."hate to see the state of your gums"

Just after sluicing out a nice buttery baton round....

Been a bit bound so I thought I’d mark the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Johnny any festival stories, there must be a few crackers around the portaloos of some of the big events, will try and find the one from Life Festival 2013 if I can, classic portaloo incident. :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Regular showering and a solid wiping routine should keep the average hole itch free.

If you feel like it’s itching more than usual you should get checked out. You could have worms or something more severe.

You can get de-worming medicine over the counter so no need for any potentially embarrassing inspection by your local GP, I know this as it happened someone I know. My own hoop is pristine and rarely ever itchy.

Just after sluicing out a nice buttery baton round....

Been a bit bound so I thought I’d mark the occasion.

Any idea on what caused you to get bound up? It’s never a pleasant experience. I recommend getting plenty of fibre into your diet, along with leafy green vegetables. Stay away from the near dated beer shelf in JC’s as well

• Advertisement

Any idea on what caused you to get bound up? It’s never a pleasant experience. I recommend getting plenty of fibre into your diet, along with leafy green vegetables. Stay away from the near dated beer shelf in JC’s as well

You could have something there, John.

Had a spicy Korean stir fry tonight,so expecting the sump valve to be a tad angry amarach.

I have a damp handkerchief in the fridge so she could be lodged for a while in the morning.

Either that or a few squarts of cold water from the chicken baster.

Advertisement