Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sitting on the sh1tter as I type this. Woke up close to five this morning with a pain in the gut and shove on the badge.

I'm very stressed at the moment, work issues.

I think this is impacting on my shoiting patterns.

No solids being layed. Just nervous watery scutter for the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Sitting on the sh1tter as I type this. Woke up close to five this morning with a pain in the gut and shove on the badge.

I'm very stressed at the moment, work issues.

I think this is impacting on my shoiting patterns.

No solids being layed. Just nervous watery scutter for the past few days.

Bad news that DLH, when the job impacts normal life like this it's usually a foreboding sign, as the old gods say "The asre always knows" ... wishing you all the best in both your professional and private matters. The members of Boards will always help a fellow sh*tter in distress

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Obrieski wrote: »
    Bad news that DLH, when the job impacts normal life like this it's usually a foreboding sign, as the old gods say "The asre always knows" ... wishing you all the best in both your professional and private matters. The members of Boards will always help a fellow sh*tter in distress
    Arse is red raw at the moment. Copious amounts of jacks paper used.

Sitting here now in the kitchen with a coffee and Pall Mall Red in hand.

Hands are trembling and the arse is quaking again. Fcking nerves and tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Obrieski wrote: »
    Arse is red raw at the moment. Copious amounts of jacks paper used.

Sitting here now in the kitchen with a coffee and Pall Mall Red in hand.

Hands are trembling and the arse is quaking again. Fcking nerves and tobacco.
    I'm a couple of years off the fags but I'd love one after mention of the red pall malls. Good strong smoke, maybe a bit nasty. Camel blue used to be fairly strong and not as hard on the body I found.
    Throw a few bananas into you deft, might firm up the works

Quiet Monday morning here...was expecting a few tales after a heavy weekend that some men may have had.

Had a very heavy Saturday myself which was washed down last night with a 4n1 from a 'dodgy' local Chinese.
    No overly volatile eruptions to report however, except for a few toxic gas emissions during the day.
    A previous poster's advice to go with the 'crop dusting' technique was used to great effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm still on the solid path. Was full sure after last night's Thai Red Curry with Turkey/Lime Meatballs & Coriander & Lime Rice, that i'd be unleashing all forms of hell today.

But no - 3 trips into the wheelhouse today, each more joyous than the last

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm still on the solid path. Was full sure after last night's Thai Red Curry with Turkey/Lime Meatballs & Coriander & Lime Rice, that i'd be unleashing all forms of hell today.

I’m telling you that Thai food is the finest. You’d be eating it thinking that it’s going to be hotter flowing out of you than it is is going into you, but no, everything tends to be perfect. You can’t say the same with Chinese or Indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Not sure if three movements all by the early afternoon is necessarily a good thing gerry. A solid evacuation at 1030 should see a man through til the early evening.

Not sure if three movements all by the early afternoon is necessarily a good thing gerry. A solid evacuation at 1030 should see a man through til the early evening.

Paddy - all torpedoes. I'll certainly take them over the runs any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Have to agree there PPL, lodged a solid tube of floury khaki coloured midden into the pot circa 1045 hrs UTC.

Like a well struck four iron, just left a small ‘shallow divot’ after contact and hopped solidly at her target.

Muzzle a bit ‘stretched’ after the round was fired, but the ‘drawstring’ held up nicely, nice and springy, not perished and slack from pushing and pulling.

Regained her shape quanto rapido as Pancho might say after a two-layer Burrito in Mama Rosa’s.

• Advertisement

You strike me as a man who eats a lot of Mexican food, Brendan, especially if over Stateside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

You strike me as a man who eats a lot of Mexican food, Brendan, especially if over Stateside.

And the 'ol paddies carcass' can't handle that foreign stuff like a native of where the nosh originally came from...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If you are ever in the Minneapolis , Bloomington area,near the airport, try Don Pablo’s for some good enchiladas, roast the hole off ya.

I was blowing boiled mince the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Have to agree there PPL, lodged a solid tube of floury khaki coloured midden into the pot circa 1045 hrs UTC.

Like a well struck four iron, just left a small ‘shallow divot’ after contact and hopped solidly at her target.

Muzzle a bit ‘stretched’ after the round was fired, but the ‘drawstring’ held up nicely, nice and springy, not perished and slack from pushing and pulling.

Regained her shape quanto rapido as Pancho might say after a two-layer Burrito in Mama Rosa’s.

Speaking of 1030 evacs, I just machine gunned the pewter in trap #1 here - and trap #2 was occupied - but as said before thankfully the cubicles here are separate sealed off rooms - no gap at the floor or ceiling nonsense.

Problem is when the other is occupied and at the washing hands stage if someone else comes in, they need to use the trap you were just in - and the stench - thats another disadvantage of sealed cubicles - the smell hangs around.

Speaking of 1030 evacs, I just machine gunned the pewter in trap #1 here - and trap #2 was occupied - but as said before thankfully the cubicles here are separate sealed off rooms - no gap at the floor or ceiling nonsense.

Problem is when the other is occupied and at the washing hands stage if someone else comes in, they need to use the trap you were just in - and the stench - thats another disadvantage of sealed cubicles - the smell hangs around.

Speaking of stench, proud moment for myself earlier. Unleashed a monster load in the early afternoon and the smell was something shocking. As I'm wiping up, I hear the bathroom door open and audibly head a gasp and a mumble of "fcking hell" before said person leaves without even taking care of his own business.

Waited a few moments before washing the hands and exiting stage left.
    The works are in fine order it would seem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I’m telling you that Thai food is the finest. You’d be eating it thinking that it’s going to be hotter flowing out of you than it is is going into you, but no, everything tends to be perfect. You can’t say the same with Chinese or Indian food.
    I could never poison myself with any of that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I could never poison myself with any of that ****e.

Wow...Chinese, Indian and Thai cuisine just wiped out with that statement. Have you tried any of the aforementioned or you're happy to label them all as sh*te?
    Spuds, gravy, carrots and a pork chop...Food of champions.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Wow...Chinese, Indian and Thai cuisine just wiped out with that statement. Have you tried any of the aforementioned or you're happy to label them all as sh*te?
    Spuds, gravy, carrots and a pork chop...Food of champions.
    Ask the average China-man (or -woman) if pouring half a jar of sesame oil into a pan full of rice is authentic Chinese cuisine and they'd laugh their arses off at you.

They're about as close to real Chinese food as McDonald's is German.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Ask the average China-man (or -woman) if pouring half a jar of sesame oil into a pan full of rice is authentic Chinese cuisine and they'd laugh their arses off at you.

Can't beat an aul McBratwurst

I'm genuinely pissed off now, and you'd imagine that some would understand etiquette by now.

I'm in trap 1, letting off a few scud missles, when an ape lands in beside me to trap 2. A dose of tutting and disapproving sighing didn't hurry them along.

Anyhow, it's a 2 trap facility. Another client lands in looking to use a trap. And just stands there. So i let off a few "warning shots" to startle him away. Seemed to have worked. 2 minutes later, he's back, tutting himself, no doubt with the turtles head staining the cloth of his jocks. Naturally, i let a tut myself in a show of solidarity, but not before firing off another loud warning shot, just to let them know who's boss.

Wouldn't mind, there's at least 10 other bathrooms in the building

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

I'm genuinely pissed off now, and you'd imagine that some would understand etiquette by now.

I'm in trap 1, letting off a few scud missles, when an ape lands in beside me to trap 2. A dose of tutting and disapproving sighing didn't hurry them along.

People are different, I always prefer to go into a cubicle where there is someone next to me. I'm very often in the central cubicle for that reason. Never occured to me that there could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So I'll ask again...

Have you tried any authentic Indian, Chinese or Thai food? Not the sh*t in a tray you get from the "Golden Palace" or "Mr Chen".
    When you have you can come back here and tell us that their entire food offerings are sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People are different, I always prefer to go into a cubicle where there is someone next to me. I'm very often in the central cubicle for that reason. Never occured to me that there could be a problem.

A “middle stalwart”, had one in my office for a year or two. It was extremely “disconcerting”, after having been forced into the middle stall, having to come face to face with this very odd “character” upon exiting.

He would, patiently, wait for as long as it took. Wouldn’t go for either of the other cubicles if they “freed” up.

You’d know he was still there by his burps and very loud “sniffing”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

A “middle stalwart”, had one in my office for a year or two. It was extremely “disconcerting”, after having been forced into the middle stall, having to come face to face with this very odd “character” upon exiting.

He would, patiently, wait for as long as it took. Wouldn’t go for either of the other cubicles if they “freed” up.

You’d know he was still there by his burps and very loud “sniffing”.

In a 3 cubicle scenario it’s completely weird to use the middle cubicle. Even if the other two are occupied you should try and wait a few minutes (outside, not hanging around like some weirdo waiting for a stall to become free). The only exception (and this is the subject or passionate debate) is if stall one or stall three have been left reeking of the outputs of a long weekend in Liverpool. Then you might be able to use the middle cubicle. It’s not an ideal scenario though.

Jesus you're a sour aul man. You sound bound up.

mfceiling wrote: »
    So I'll ask again...

Have you tried any authentic Indian, Chinese or Thai food? Not the sh*t in a tray you get from the "Golden Palace" or "Mr Chen".
    When you have you can come back here and tell us that their entire food offerings are sh*te.
    I'm talking about the muck they serve in restaurants over here, the "four in ones" or whatever the **** it's called. I'm not talking about the food that's actually native to and eaten in India, China or Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Now you’re talking. Always better when it’s native to a place instead of the disingenuous muck we tend to get!

I'm talking about the muck they serve in restaurants over here, the "four in ones" or whatever the **** it's called. I'm not talking about the food that's actually native to and eaten in India, China or Thailand.

You even have a doner kebab after a feed of pints, Hogan?

You even have a doner kebab after a feed of pints, Hogan?
    Never. I haven't had takeaway food in decades. My daughter orders these deliveries all the time and I hate that the people who sling that disgusting slop know where we live.

• Advertisement

Never. I haven't had takeaway food in decades. My daughter orders these deliveries all the time and I hate that the people who sling that disgusting slop know where we live.

Worried that Ahmed is gonna call over and introduce himself to your wife?

Advertisement