Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimmieTwoTimes

Heard stories of what goes on with heavy drinkers in these small rural towns

A typical day consists of hitting the pub early in the day and filling up the tank on stout. The quantity of stout consumed builds up a fierce activity in the bowels. The years of drinking stout along with the level of intoxication on a constant bases has resulted them transcending into a higher level of being. They no longer take trips to the Armitage Shanks sanctuary but instead unleash their brown fury on to themselves with the victims typically consisting of beige chinos and the occasional mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A typical day consists of hitting the pub early in the day and filling up the tank on stout. The quantity of stout consumed builds up a fierce activity in the bowels. The years of drinking stout along with the level of intoxication on a constant bases has resulted them transcending into a higher level of being. They no longer take trips to the Armitage Shanks sanctuary but instead unleash their brown fury on to themselves with the victims typically consisting of beige chinos and the occasional mattress.

Or "Tarmac the bed" as my mate from Connemara says.

4 of us had a lock in in the local one night. last week. I didn't stay too late. However I met oe of the lads today and asked him , did he stay long after that.

His answer was, "I'll put it to you like this. The dung was fairly soft the following morning."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

In my local there are a few that the Guinney plays havoc with especially as these porter sharks get older . One poor ould devil has to walk home from the pub because he is so sure to write off his underpants . You just couldn't take the chance on him unless you were driving the tractor and transport box/ cattle trailer .
    The other lad I've noticed in the last few years must be loosing the marbles because he wasn't always so transparent in his movements . He has his few pints and then heads for the deli in supervalue for wedges and chicken wings (that could be his problem right there ). He then heads down to the entrance of the shop to go thumbing home at a nice area with a few small plants and a sign for the estate next door . I'm guessing the pressure builds up in the red then but he doesn't panic , just hunkers down where he was standing and fertilizes the plants .KEEPS the flipping thumb out the whole time . Doesn't wipe and doesn't move an inch from his deposit until someone pulls up to give him a lift !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

A couple of regulars in my local would simply decamp the boxers into the cistern quick wipe down and back up to the bar for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Jaysus lads!!
    Good to see things returning to normal here.
    Lately I have been waking up around 4/5AM with the need to empty the garbage guts - fair enough, but by 10AM I am depositing another 3KG of rancid arse midden in the work jacks.

I'm not even eating that much lately, been drinking a little more than normal, have a few ciders and Paulaners as I'm watching TV before bed, maybe that's got something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Jaysus lads!!
    Good to see things returning to normal here.
    Lately I have been waking up around 4/5AM with the need to empty the garbage guts - fair enough, but by 10AM I am depositing another 3KG of rancid arse midden in the work jacks.

I'm not even eating that much lately, been drinking a little more than normal, have a few ciders and Paulaners as I'm watching TV before bed, maybe that's got something to do with it.

Cider is the problem there if im ever a bit backed up a couple of pints of cider usually gets the poo train back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yes, Cider is a scoundrel for providing slippy shytes.

IF you ever feel bound up, a few cans of Bulmers Pear Cider, and you'll be clear as day again.

Have to say though, it feels great afterwards!!
    From goosestepping to the jacks to walking on air out of them!

"Morning Ladies!" I say to the nice girls in the kitchen as I make my 2nd cup of coffee for round 2 later!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Disgusting thing happened to me today. I went to use the hand drier after dropping a few tar bombs and came away from the machine with some sort of membrane stuck to my hand. Absolutely revolting it was. Switched from Guinness to Beamish half way through my session last night. The step down in taste was very apparent, I thought they were closer.

Disgusting thing happened to me today. I went to use the hand drier after dropping a few tar bombs and came away from the machine with some sort of membrane stuck to my hand. Absolutely revolting it was. Switched from Guinness to Beamish half way through my session last night. The step down in taste was very apparent, I thought they were closer.

Ya didn't have a tactical **** while in the trap per chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No offence, dude, but that was a pretty 'dumbass' decision. Beamish is fine if drank in Cork, but some of the examples you get thrown up to you in pubs in the Pale would turn your stomach before you even drank it. Murphy's would always be a better choice if you're going 'off piste' and not drinking Guinness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

It was in Cork, to be fair. Saved about six euro after the switch but I won't be drinking it again for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'm not exactly having a good time of it myself sitting on the throne these days. Was over in Liverpool for the weekend, and drank a frankly frightening amount of Carlsberg after the match on Saturday. There were plenty of reasons to celebrate in fairness: Salah's goal was a real 'I was there' moment; we managed to blag our way in to a free bar afterwards in Anfield, and I've a gamey auld one that I've struck up a casual 'I'm around' sort of relationship with.

Ended up heading back to her place after a massive feed of pints, and got down to business. Wasn't exactly a man of the match performance, but the scouse accent is always great for keeping the wood up. Anyways, woke up about 8am and bounded into the ensuite to unload an oily mix of lager, prawn crackers, and fried chicken. Took about 15 minutes to clean up to be honest, and ended up using a can of her deoderant to clear the 'pong'.

She had the breakfast on for me when I eventually woke back up. Don't know what it is about the english fried breakfast, but it doesn't sit well with me. Those cumberland sausages and fake black pudding aren't worth a curse. Also had two sausage rolls on the train back to Manchester, and said I'd chance a Ryanair panini to accompany my can of Henineken on the flight back.

Pure battery acid since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Carlsberg.... massive feed of pints... an oily mix of lager, prawn crackers, and fried chicken...english fried breakfast...cumberland sausages and fake black pudding....two sausage roll... Ryanair panini.... can of Heineken.

Pure battery acid since.

Jaysus christ Johnny... You're a man in his fifties. You're playing fast and loose with your digestive system throwing that mix in to your belly.

Brendan Bendar... Any advice for this chap. That kind of discharge could cause permanent damage to the ring piece I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus christ Johnny... You're a man in his fifties. You're playing fast and loose with your digestive system throwing that mix in to your belly.

Brendan Bendar... Any advice for this chap. That kind of discharge could cause permanent damage to the ring piece I'd imagine.

Pat, I’ll be honest, any tosser who visits Liverpool,takes on a cargo of horse piss,and worse still, interferes with some auld tugboat over there, deserves all what he gets.
    Bush on her like Mo Salah’s head probably.
    Place is full of auld boilers looking for knob and quite frankly John Flash probably got a good dose off that piece of bad meat.

Only advice I will give is just finger the lettuce and keep you Knob well under wraps.

She won’t know the difference anyway, once she gets a good batther up.

Nothing to do with food, hang the helmet in a cup of Dettol (diluted) and it should clear.

(Disclaimer- (Not a medical practitioner)

Pure Gold lads 1!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Pat, I’ll be honest, any tosser who visits Liverpool,takes on a cargo of horse piss,and worse still, interferes with some auld tugboat over there, deserves all what he gets.
    Bush on her like Mo Salah’s head probably.
    Place is full of auld boilers looking for knob and quite frankly John Flash probably got a good dose off that piece of bad meat.

Only advice I will give is just finger the lettuce and keep you Knob well under wraps.

She won’t know the difference anyway, once she gets a good batther up.

Nothing to do with food, hang the helmet in a cup of Dettol (diluted) and it should clear.

(Disclaimer- (Not a medical practitioner)

Might need more than just hanging in the cup brenner. Could be a bottle brush up the japs eye job. Don't want this turning in to a crusting over situation.

Aye a bottle brush or even a cocktail umbrella up the eye. Scrape all that Scouse badness out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Aye a bottle brush or even a cocktail umbrella up the eye. Scrape all that Scouse badness out
    Would ye chance cleaning it out with a cotton wool earbud instead of giving the doc 50 quid to root at it? I'd say if ye dipped it in sudocream it would help lube it in and disinfect at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm not exactly having a good time of it myself sitting on the throne these days. Was over in Liverpool for the weekend, and drank a frankly frightening amount of Carlsberg after the match on Saturday. There were plenty of reasons to celebrate in fairness: Salah's goal was a real 'I was there' moment; we managed to blag our way in to a free bar afterwards in Anfield, and I've a gamey auld one that I've struck up a casual 'I'm around' sort of relationship with.

Ended up heading back to her place after a massive feed of pints, and got down to business. Wasn't exactly a man of the match performance, but the scouse accent is always great for keeping the wood up. Anyways, woke up about 8am and bounded into the ensuite to unload an oily mix of lager, prawn crackers, and fried chicken. Took about 15 minutes to clean up to be honest, and ended up using a can of her deoderant to clear the 'pong'.

She had the breakfast on for me when I eventually woke back up. Don't know what it is about the english fried breakfast, but it doesn't sit well with me. Those cumberland sausages and fake black pudding aren't worth a curse. Also had two sausage rolls on the train back to Manchester, and said I'd chance a Ryanair panini to accompany my can of Henineken on the flight back.

Pure battery acid since.

Mother of god, it wasnt too bad until there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I'd say you could plaster with that mess.

Johnny,
    Eat a salad man, your gonna need it.

From reading this thread I'm trying to sum up a stereotype appearance for a lad who destroys the jacks in work or in the local pub etc.

I find it's usually a fat bald or grey haired lad aged 50 and over with his diet typically consisting of stout, hobbys nuts and the classical battered cod and chips.

There is a pub I frequent for a fill up on the weekends from time to time. Every time I'm there, a lad in one of the stalls is dying on the jacks, clearly suffering in what I can only compare to our lord's crucifixion. The overload of stout has set this man's rear end on a crusade to punish him for his sins by unleashing a storm of brown gravy upon him. The cries of "help me" and "Oh god" can be heard from the toilet stall as he pours his lumpy brown concrete into the pipe works. And it's always the same stall he is in, the one furthest to the left. God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Might need more than just hanging in the cup brenner. Could be a bottle brush up the japs eye job. Don't want this turning in to a crusting over situation.

An old shaving brush is your man there Pàdraig.

Very soft to the point of sensuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »
    An old shaving brush is your man there Pàdraig.

Very soft to the point of sensuous.

Too soft Padd, not enough ‘rod’.

Could tickle the glans, but for the subject under discussion, a clogged Japs eye , fuhherke all use.

We are talking cheddar here not Philly.

Crusty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

What's the etiquette regarding changing the bog roll lads? My standard rule is that if I don't think there's enough left to give my hole a good clean, I'll change it, regardless of whether I've just gone or not. And always leave at least one extra emergency roll adjacent in case you get stranded in no man's land. I think it's an unwritten rule, nobody wants to be left stranded having to stand up and waddle over to were the spare loo roll is kept with a hot fudge sundae wedged between the cheeks.

I live with the missus and some of her family, and I swear they all have a habit of breaking the above rules, at least once a day I see this occurring without fail. It must be genetic trait or something, one of these days somebody is going to get hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

tgdaly wrote: »
    What's the etiquette regarding changing the bog roll lads? My standard rule is that if I don't think there's enough left to give my hole a good clean, I'll change it, regardless of whether I've just gone or not. And always leave at least one extra emergency roll adjacent in case you get stranded in no man's land. I think it's an unwritten rule, nobody wants to be left stranded having to stand up and waddle over to were the spare loo roll is kept with a hot fudge sundae wedged between the cheeks.

I live with the missus and some of her family, and I swear they all have a habit of breaking the above rules, at least once a day I see this occurring without fail. It must be genetic trait or something, one of these days somebody is going to get hurt!

There was i thinking FML...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

There was i thinking FML...

Ah it's not that bad, only the grandparents, I think I made it sound like it was the whole lot of them! Good thing it isn't, they'd never keep a roll of paper on the dispenser

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The only time I feel truly at “peace” is when there’s a 24 roll pack under the stairs, 3 rolls in each bathroom, and a full tank of petrol in the car.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

From reading this thread I'm trying to sum up a stereotype appearance for a lad who destroys the jacks in work or in the local pub etc.

I find it's usually a fat bald or grey haired lad aged 50 and over with his diet typically consisting of stout, hobbys nuts and the classical battered cod and chips.
    A bit like paedos, you can’t always tell. I’d say we have an eclectic mix spanning generations, class and occupations. From the ungentlemanly street urchin in his gola trainers to the slick bmw drinking sales exec complete with sh*t moustache; anyone could be leaving their fecal legacy for all to suffer. Shameless cretins the lot of them

Advertisement