Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Tusla New Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Australia33

Any kind person got any further tips from the interviews they have completed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Any kind person got any further tips from the interviews they have completed?

Had my interview today. They clearly said there was no embargo and there were quite a number of vacancies. All very friendly and competent. Very good first impression of Tusla. Questions relating to functions of Tusla, dealing with a difficult customer, organising workload, showing initiative, a time when you failed. All fairly predictable stuff. In there about 35 mins. Results in September

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Had my interview today. They clearly said there was no embargo and there were quite a number of vacancies. All very friendly and competent. Very good first impression of Tusla. Questions relating to functions of Tusla, dealing with a difficult customer, organising workload, showing initiative, a time when you failed. All fairly predictable stuff. In there about 35 mins. Results in September
    Thank you. Yes, I have to say the correspondence to and from Tusla has been very friendly and warm. This makes me want to work there even more. So more than the competencies had been asked? This is good to know so I’m ready ����

Thank you. Yes, I have to say the correspondence to and from Tusla has been very friendly and warm. This makes me want to work there even more. So more than the competencies had been asked? This is good to know so I’m ready. ����

Yes, citizens information website actually has a good summary about Tusla and its core functions. They don't go beyond that. They don't delve much into your CV. So I incorporated it into my competency answers. Didn't bother wearing a tie as it was too hot lol. And annual leave at 26 days is nearly 5days more than other Cos in civil service.

Yes, citizens information website actually has a good summary about Tusla and its core functions. They don't go beyond that. They don't delve much into your CV. So I incorporated it into my competency answers. Didn't bother wearing a tie as it was too hot lol. And annual leave at 26 days is nearly 5days more than other Cos in civil service.
    Thanks! One last question. Is it ok to use the examples I gave in my application?

• Advertisement

Thanks! One last question. Is it ok to use the examples I gave in my application?

I don't see why not, it got you shortlisted after all. I just expanded on my answers. They will guide you along if you get bogged down

I don't see why not, it got you shortlisted after all. I just expanded on my answers. They will guide you along if you get bogged down
    Great thanks for your help!

fimac1981 wrote: »
    my interview for the west was in galway a few weeks ago

Wow.

Seeing as though I have a L8 degree and I'm nearly two years in the hardest department, I think that should more or less guarantee you an interview.

Its not a promotion I'm going for here... a transfer of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Are they still sending invites for the interviews??? Or is it all finished???

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Are they still sending invites for the interviews??? Or is it all finished???

Interview board advised that they will be interviewing for the next few weeks and results wouldnt be available until September. So I would expect that invites are still going out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jalou

I had my interview today and feel pretty good about it. They first asked what I knew about tusla.....then it was just 4 competencies so all the advice I can give is know them inside out upside down....they threw in a few tricky questions one that caught me a little was...had I ever worked with a difficult co worker and if so how did I handle it. The interview was about 40 mins and they said it will be mid to late september before I should expect to hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Does anyone know if you have previous service in a government department or service as a tco in the civil service, will it carry over to a tusla job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 showofhands82

I have an interview for the South region in Cork in a couple of weeks.

I am also based in Cork city so was just wondering how much (if any) consideration they place on where you live if/when they are offering you a position?

Is it simply a case of: they reach your place in the OOM, there's a position available somewhere in your region, and they offer you that position even if it's potentially a long distance away in a different county..?

Sorry if this is an obvious question - I know they are recruiting on the basis of region rather than county specific so asking more in hope rather than expectation!

I have an interview for the South region in Cork in a couple of weeks.

I am also based in Cork city so was just wondering how much (if any) consideration they place on where you live if/when they are offering you a position?

Is it simply a case of: they reach your place in the OOM, there's a position available somewhere in your region, and they offer you that position even if it's potentially a long distance away in a different county..?

Sorry if this is an obvious question - I know they are recruiting on the basis of region rather than county specific so asking more in hope rather than expectation!

I applied for South region. Am based in Cork city, and wudnt consider taking anything outside of Cork. Just wudnt be worth my while

Anyone know when results of interviews are out?
    Early, mid, late September? Thanks. Waiting patiently ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Anyone know when results of interviews are out?
    Early, mid, late September? Thanks. Waiting patiently ��

They told me it would be September when i done my interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Is there anyone still waiting to be invited for the interview? I got that email in June stating that interviews will start in a couple of weeks but heard nothing since! Anyone in the same boat???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Is there anyone still waiting to be invited for the interview? I got that email in June stating that interviews will start in a couple of weeks but heard nothing since! Anyone in the same boat???

I got called for interview about a week after that email. Maybe you should give them a call and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 little mrs

I got a message last week inviting me for interview. Its this Tuesday. Any tips from anyone who has done their interview would be great.. Please...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MMULCAHY2016

Got email Friday saying still working through applications but wud be called next few months for interview... !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I had my interview last week and was told results won’t be out until end October / early November!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 little mrs

I had my interview today. They were lovely. 1 man and 2 women on the board. 1st q asked was what do u know about Tusla so be well prepared there. Other than that, the usual Competency questions.. Have u ever had a customer / client complain.. How would u handle it, it skills, proudest moment in your career, have u ever had to go above and beyond for anyone in your job, why do you want to work for Tusla. Very relaxed and pleasant. Didn't ask about results.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi i got that email ages ago & have herd nothing since and it was fir the limerick area i applied!! to br honest i had given up until i see ur post

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Went today and was told that it would be towards the end of the year before I'd know results....Waste of time and tears I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Update: The interviews are still ongoing and the results wont be issued until they are finished. There is no timeline set for this. It seems ridiculous to have started interviewing in June and still going in September with no expected cut off, surely running batches would have made more sense? Or having an assessment as Stage 1. I can only imagine what the interviews are costing to be going on for 3+ months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MMULCAHY2016

Interview next week.. any hints or tips please? One of the earlier posts mentioned legislation.. can anyone elaborate on that please?

Interview next week.. any hints or tips please? One of the earlier posts mentioned legislation.. can anyone elaborate on that please?

They dont mention it. Focus on the competencies and info about what tusla does

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Wasnt asked anything on it. Asked what I knew about tusla, what areas they covered like foster care, aftercare, residential, creches etc. How many worked for Tusla and I think i might have been asked a little bit about gdpr. all the rest was about your application questions and asked how you manage your day. friendly and very efficient but so disheartening to hear that they are not going to give feedback till "the end of the year". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Had forgotten I applied for this campaign until I received an email today about it. I've 2 questions. is CO grade 3 starting on the 3rd level of the payscale for Clerical officers or if now what exactly does it mean by grade 3? Do you have to complete an aptitude test for this campaign and is it similar to the PAS C.O. process. I've gotten placed on a panel for Limerick thro that campaign. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Shrugh8p

Hi,

Received interview invite last Friday for October 2nd in Castlebar for the West area. Surely they must be nearing the end of interviewing candidates??

Advertisement