Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Tusla New Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 annemm

Well done guys such high results. Defo up there on panel you d think. I'm still waiting on mine. I've emailed to enquire when I can expect these. Do they say when you ll hear about your place on panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chase111

annemm wrote: »
    Well done guys such high results. Defo up there on panel you d think. I'm still waiting on mine. I've emailed to enquire when I can expect these. Do they say when you ll hear about your place on panel?
    Thanks. No, all they say is that they will let us know at some stage but they don't specify a date. Also they will only say in which bracket we are 1-50 or 50-100 and so on. Being specific is not their strong point apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MMULCAHY2016

Got email today with interview results.. on the panel.. interviewed in galway for clare/limerick in sept. Great see some progress being made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

K12345678! wrote: »
    What results did ye get out of 400?

I got in the 380s

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bacondope

I got 260, I wonder if it's enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 K12345678!

I got 357 west area hope it’s enough

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Got 364 for West-but still think it was one of the worst interviews ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭S321

Got mine today for the West..on the panel, score 335..its a bit like "could have done better" on the old school report..
    Well done and best of luck everyone..hopefully we will get a panel number soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hhayes10

Finally got word today , made the Panel for Mid West region. Interviewed in June , so it's been a long wait. Hopefully won't be so long before I hear from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ayzeb123

What results did ye get out of 400?

Got 350 out of 400. I hope there are some vacancies locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Are people still waiting for the results or is the panel already live?

Ek1313 wrote: »
    Are people still waiting for the results or is the panel already live?
    I'm guessing not everyone got their results yet, I think someone was told not to expect their results until January so if that's correct I wouldn't expect the panel to be formed before all results are sent out. But that's just me saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I had my interview in June. Got results mid November.

Made the panel on 370 points

Has anyone been told they didn’t make panel. Seems everyone who went for interview made the panel. I wonder will there be many jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭S321

Has anyone been told they didn’t make panel. Seems everyone who went for interview made the panel. I wonder will there be many jobs

Yes some people have had an email saying they did not make the panel. I know 2..

Were we asked for our leaving cert results upon application? Or was it just stated you needed to have passed 5 subjects ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fimac1981

Has anyone actually been offered a position on this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MMULCAHY2016

Not me.. nothing since..

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Nope haven't heard anything since email saying made the panel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Same. Not a word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

My understanding is that admin staff working through an agency who got on the panel are in the process of being offered jobs, subject to a semi official embargo on jobs that are not front line.

bisset wrote: »
    My understanding is that admin staff working through an agency who got on the panel are in the process of being offered jobs, subject to a semi official embargo on jobs that are not front line.

Really....Are you aware of people offered positions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

bisset wrote: »

Did these candidates by default score higher than all other candidates?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Did these candidates by default score higher than all other candidates?

I cant imagine this is the case as it would be a very unfair process. I know a number of agency workers which interviewed and the procedure was the same as mine with no additional info or benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

annemm wrote: »
    I cant imagine this is the case as it would be a very unfair process. I know a number of agency workers which interviewed and the procedure was the same as mine with no additional info or benefits

That would also be my understanding, I don't understand how current agency staff could be appointed before other candidates if their scores were not higher.

The email from Tusla stated offers would be sent every month and only those placed highest in oom would get first preference for vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Vologda69 wrote: »
    The email from Tusla stated offers would be sent every month and only those placed highest in oom would get first preference for vacancies.

When did you get this email ? Is that a separate communication from the one with your interview scores ?

Daz_ wrote: »
    When did you get this email ? Is that a separate communication from the one with your interview scores ?

It was in that email:

I refer to your recent application and attendance at the interview for the Clerical Officer Grade III Campaign.

I am pleased to inform you that you were recommended by the interview board and you will be placed on a Panel (Talent Pool). Due to the nature of this National Campaign, we will not be releasing your individual panel position. However, at a later stage, we will be confirming your grouping on this panel i.e. if you have placed within 1-50, 50-100, etc.

This Talent Pool will be in operation for an initial period of 12 months but may be extended as required. Please find attached your interview marking sheet. Please note that this Panel placement is not a guarantee of an offer of employment. A number of vacancies currently exist and will be offered out to this panel in order of merit in the form of an Expression of Interest email. Please be advised that this Talent Pool (Panel) may have placements that are jointly placed. Expressions of interests are sent out to the panel providing the opportunity for each candidate to view all existing vacancies at that time, each candidate will have the opportunity to choose which vacancy would be most suitable and formal offers will be made in order of merit. Full instructions on this process will be relayed in due course.

The interview board appreciated the time and effort you put into preparing and attending for interview.

FAQ

What does it mean that the formal offer will be made in the order of merit?
    A formal offer will be made to the candidate who scored highest among those who had expressed an interest in a particulate post.

Where are the vacancies available?
    We are unable to state the number and location of the vacancies and this is an ongoing process.
    Once a vacancy is identified, Expression of interest will be sent out to the Candidate Pool and candidates will have an opportunity to express an interest in particular post or posts. The post will be then formally offered in order of merit.

How often are the EOI’s sent out?
    EOI’s are usually sent out once a month, depending on the number of vacancies.

Kind regards,

As I said previously, I'm guessing not everyone got their results yet, I think someone on this forum was told not to expect their results until January so if that's correct I wouldn't expect the panel to be formed before all results are sent out. My interview was in August and i got my results in november and i know they were still interviewing in October so I wouldn't be surprised if the October ones would in fact get their result in January. Forming a panel before that would be unfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Australia33

I did not make it.....after what I felt was a very good interview.... can’t believe it tbh as I was extremely well prepped for he competency based interview...

Advertisement