Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Tusla New Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email today?

Yep 400 to 500 wouldn't hold out much hope for that :D:D. will just have to keep tipping away in Revenue and wait and see. Good luck everyone who got thro.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 K12345678!

Shador74 you would wonder why the interviewed so many though if the jobs weren’t there?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

K12345678! wrote: »
    Shador74 you would wonder why the interviewed so many though if the jobs weren’t there?

Exactly ... although now I'm not so confident!

As far as I know there was a employment embargo for years so maybe there is that many jobs and also could be a lot up for retirement. Hard to believe they could spend nine months interviewing and doing a panel with very few jobs. Trying to stay positive here ��

As far as I know there was a employment embargo for years so maybe there is that many jobs and also could be a lot up for retirement. Hard to believe they could spend nine months interviewing and doing a panel with very few jobs. Trying to stay positive here ��

Ya I think your right. There should be a large number of posts. It's just very frustrating the way this campaign is being run. Fingers crossed people will start getting offers soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Shador74 wrote: »
    Yep 400 to 500 wouldn't hold out much hope for that :D:D. will just have to keep tipping away in Revenue and wait and see. Good luck everyone who got thro.

Didn't do any better so a bit worried..just a quick question about Revenue, I'm on the panel for civil service as well..why are you leaving for Tusla?

Didn't do any better so a bit worried..just a quick question about Revenue, I'm on the panel for civil service as well..why are you leaving for Tusla?

Im not sure that I sm yet. Only in revenue 2 months so still fairly new. I had dealings with Tusla in my previous job and think it woild be very unteresting. Would have to weigh up bith really if the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Im not sure that I sm yet. Only in revenue 2 months so still fairly new. I had dealings with Tusla in my previous job and think it woild be very unteresting. Would have to weigh up bith really if the time comes.

Wonder if they will match your pay civil service vs Tusla? If you where to move up a point in civil service & then get a job w Tusla or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Just remembered that this campaign is taking so long that some of the people who placed on the panel might have already got jobs from other competitions. #wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 40 annemm

Ek1313 wrote: »
    Just remembered that this campaign is taking so long that some of the people who placed on the panel might have already got jobs from other competitions. #wishful thinking

Yes great there is movement. Hopefully we might hear in the coming weeks. Where did you place on the panel.? Anyone here waiting for Dublin North East?

• Advertisement

Wonder if they will match your pay civil service vs Tusla? If you where to move up a point in civil service & then get a job w Tusla or vice versa.

Im not sure will have to look into all that if the time comes. Initially I thought both panels would run together but PAS one seemed alot quicker altho it did take a while to actually get started on the process as they sorted thro applications in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Got in the 1-100 for the West region. Unexpectedly but happily pregnant now so I'm not sure if I was even offered a job what I would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Got email. 1_100. I, m looking at mid leinster region so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vic12345

Got placed 200 to 300. I'm in the west region. Fingers crossed! Wonder will there be many places available here.

Does anyone know what happens next? They send out an expression of interest for different areas and if your interested you have to reply is it? Sorry first time making any panel so don’t really understand. Do they send one job at a time or how does it work 😅

Does anyone know what happens next? They send out an expression of interest for different areas and if your interested you have to reply is it? Sorry first time making any panel so don’t really understand. Do they send one job at a time or how does it work 😅

From one of the initial emails my take on it is they send a list of national jobs you put in your EOI and based on order of merit people get offered the area you requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Hi I GOt 100-200 for West :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭S321

Got email today..got 301-400 which is pretty crap I think..congrats to all though. Can anyone explain please? Does anyone know how this panel number works? Do 301 people need to get placed before I get a job offer and if so is it 300 Nationwide?

S321 wrote: »
    Got email today..got 301-400 which is pretty crap I think..congrats to all though. Can anyone explain please? Does anyone know how this panel number works? Do 301 people need to get placed before I get a job offer and if so is it 300 Nationwide?

I'm guessing at least 300 as it also says there can be a number of people scoring the same as you so then it goes by the highest score on one of the competencies.. But yes 300 nationwide

annemm wrote: »
    I'm guessing at least 300 as it also says there can be a number of people scoring the same as you so then it goes by the highest score on one of the competencies.. But yes 300 nationwide

It doesn't make any sense doing it nationwide. There could be 300 before you but may only be 50 in your area. I cant understand how thry can't rank by county or at least by region like the initial applications. At least we'd all get some idea of where we actually stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭S321

It doesn't make any sense doing it nationwide. There could be 300 before you but may only be 50 in your area. I cant understand how thry can't rank by county or at least by region like the initial applications. At least we'd all get some idea of where we actually stand.

Thank you for replying..its very fustrating. I might email them and see if we cant get a clearer picture of how it works...to the last 2 replies, much appreciated and best of luck.

S321 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying..its very fustrating. I might email them and see if we cant get a clearer picture of how it works...to the last 2 replies, much appreciated and best of luck.

Same to you.

What do we need if we are offered a job? Do we need leaving cert results and vetting ? Do we need to get that ourselves?

As far as I know you can't apply for vetting until you have a position to be vetted for. They'll hardly look for leaving certs. I did mine so long ago I wouldnt even know where to get them ����

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Does that mean the current agency staff will get contracts before those on this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Does that mean the current agency staff will get contracts before those on this panel?

They'll only get temp contracts though the panel is permanent

youandme13 wrote: »
    They'll only get temp contracts though the panel is permanent

Yes but how can panel not be effected. That's alot of jobs just seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Yes but how can panel not be effected. That's alot of jobs just seems strange

I think if they get temp contracts they will keep rolling over and panel will have very little movement in lieu of this

• Advertisement

I think if they get temp contracts they will keep rolling over and panel will have very little movement in lieu of this

Thinking the same 👌

Advertisement