Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP scanning awful

Options
  • 06-04-2019 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought a HP Deskjet 2630 and using the scanner first time the scan comes out awful... I've changed the default dpi to 300 (from 200) and its not much better. I see lots of queiries on the HP forums about bad scanning quality, with the usual try these 10 different things with no clear fix resolution.

Do HP just sell too cheap scanners is there some cheap chip in them that won't scan cleanly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I don't have a HP scanner, but the bare minimum i would scan with mine is 1200dpi, i usually scan at 4800dpi.

300dpi will give a terrible image on any scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Specs says it's 1200dpi, are you scanning or printing or what?

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=V1N03B&opt=BEV&sel=PRN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

scanning at 600 is about as long as I can bare to wait, its still not great, I 'never had to scan so slowly with my previous Dell scanners.

I've downloaded the hp scan extended programme it doesn't have clear preview and select area option but it does have 'auto-detect area', which it then scans again, not sure it makes it any quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Price:	£34.99

Im sorry but WTF did you really expect?

Budget €200 for something half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ED E wrote: »
    Price:	£34.99

Im sorry but WTF did you really expect?

Budget €200 for something half decent.

I expected it to function as a scanner.

I just to scanned the same thing with slightly more expensive epson scanner, set at 300 and 600, the image artifacts aren't half as bad on either and it doesn't take as long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

it has already been mentioned that the printer can scan at 1200 DPI, using the full featured software.

If you find the resolution poor, why not use the full quality?
    Are you scanning at low quality because you don't want to wait for a full scan?

Advertisement