Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant & Weed ID Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭macraignil

Is it hairy bittercress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

macraignil wrote: »
    Is it hairy bittercress?

We don't have the obvious evidence of water but it looks a lot like watercress.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

MacDanger wrote: »
    Maybe you know already but be careful with mint, it can spread like mad. I usually plant it in a container

I have it in a pot however it seems to have come up in other spots too! It's crazy how quickly it grows

The second pic looks like mint to me..possibly peppermint.

ok cool, thanks a mill

New Home wrote: »
    The one with orangy stems is a type of euphorbia (a weed, too - be careful with the sap, it can burn).
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=508876&d=1586433753

I think the other one with small, furry leaves is some kind of bedding plant, I can see it in my head but I can't think of the name.

ok good to know about the euphorbia. Wore gloves to remove it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Former Dublin BlowIns

Anyone any ideas on what these two might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Can someone ID this please?
    The young branches are a red colour

Holy Diver wrote: »
    Can someone ID this please?
    The young branches are a red colour

Hard to say the exact variety as it could be one of several but its defo Cornus alba but which of the varigated varieties I can't be sure. Cornus alba 'Argenteo-marginata' is one but I get the feeling yours might be Cornus alba 'Elegantissima'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭macraignil

Anyone any ideas on what these two might be?

Can't see any photos. I'm going to guess they are plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Anyone guess this is. Large green leaf creeping across ground. Would grazon90 kill it

• Advertisement

Covered recently https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058068010 - you have my sympathy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is this called a banana leaf fern and can it be revived?

No its a banana and thats what they often look like if they survive the winter.

Repot if you can go about an inch larger pot and it will start producing new leaves fairly soon.

Edit> Probably Muse Ensete "Maurelli" aka Red Abyssinian Banana aka Red Banana aka Ethiopian Banana. Thinking about it you can probably go a to a lot larger pot size and feed really well say weekly. Tomato fertiliser will probably do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tjjber

Anyone any idea what this might be please? Might it be Aquilegia?

y68TdY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Two things coming up in the corner, I shoved down bulbs and seeds I dont even know the name of so was reluctant to pull anything but assume these are weeds

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

tjjber wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what this might be please? Might it be Aquilegia?

y68TdY.jpg

Yes. Aquilegia. Lovely flower. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

christy c wrote: »
    Two things coming up in the corner, I shoved down bulbs and seeds I dont even know the name of so was reluctant to pull anything but assume these are weeds

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

Can any one id this in my border please - I presume its a plant :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there's brown patch on my front (rugby ball size) anyone know whats going on?

grass2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Dog pee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭blackbox

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Dog pee?

Or, more specifically, bitch pee?

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Dog pee?

really? will it recover or should i re-sow ?

fryup wrote: »
    really? will it recover or should i re-sow ?

Its effectively the same as burning the grass with too much fertiliser. It will come back in time. Normal advice is to poor a bucket of water over it to dilute it as soon as you see the dog p1ssing on it.

neighbours dog :cool: the bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Planted rosemary in my garden 2 years ago and it seemed happy enough until about 3 weeks ago when it started to look burnt.

Suspect it is because one of the cats have started peeing on it but don't know why they'd have started now.

Don't know if you can see it in this pic.

Planted rosemary in my garden 2 years ago and it seemed happy enough until about 3 weeks ago when it started to look burnt.

Suspect it is because one of the cats have started peeing on it but don't know why they'd have started now.

Does anyone have any other ideas? And if it is the cats how do I get them to stop?

Does anyone have any other ideas? And if it is the cats how do I get them to stop?

• Advertisement

Advertisement