Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

AdpRo wrote: »
    Many keeping Hazard? He is the one I had decided to get rid of but after watching last night I may need to reverse that, he was sensational last night and has a good record against Liverpool then has Burnley, Watford and Leicester in 3 of the last 4 weeks.......not sure what to do with him now.

I want to get rid too because the odds are he will go back to 2 and 3 point hauls again. If Burnley beat Cardiff then I imagine they are safe so who knows with that match then.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Ryan Foster
    Laporte Duffy Doherty Valery Robertson
    Sterling Son Mané Deulofeu Remond
    Kane Jiminez Rashford

First of many drafts

Loving the Redmond call.

I think there’ll be a Saint that does really well but their strikers are prone to injury, rotation and not getting the full 90 minutes.

JWP will be popular. Redmond is solid for all the 90 minutesssss and will get chances. Armstrong is the wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is anybody worried about Kane being rested for the Huddersfield game? If they are still in the tie surely Poch will consider resting his key players especially given the fact they are playing the worst team in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

First attempt - all feedback welcome :cool:

Foster | Ryan

Cathcart | TAA | Valery | Alderweireld | Doherty

Salah | Camarasa | Son | Bilva | Knockaert

Vardy | Kane | Jiminez

1.9m ITB

I hadn't considered Camarasa at all tbh til I read this thread - will give him a lash this week for the craic and see what happens. I'm not normally a fan of pre-planned transfers but he'll probably make way for JWP for the DGW.

Will probably keep Vardy for the DGW as well I think - Leicester seem to be playing classic RodgersBall so should be plenty of goals in store.

The other major call is obv. Salah :confused: I've stuck with him all season - the other option would be to bring in Mane and then prob Firmino for Jiminez/Vardy for GW36

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pighead wrote: »
    Is anybody worried about Kane being rested for the Huddersfield game? If they are still in the tie surely Poch will consider resting his key players especially given the fact they are playing the worst team in the league?

He plays, they are in a fight to finish top 4, he is 2 behind Aguero for top scorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

F1ngers wrote: »
    He plays, they are in a fight to finish top 4, he is 2 behind Aguero for top scorer.
    Hope you're right. Do think there will be a bit of rotation though. Lamela could be a potential starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pighead wrote: »

Poor Harry never gets a break. Even gets dragged back onto the pitch only half fit post injury. They'll want him to start against Huddersfield. Don't know the goal difference situation but this could be their chance to break it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ryan --- Foster

-- Trent -- Doherty -- Duffy -- Cachart -- Trippier

-- Salah -- Son -- Madison -- KDB -- CHO

--- Kane -- Jimenez -- Deeney

Initial draft. I'm vigilant of life after GW 35 bench boost. Will probably swap Maddison next week for another doubler. I don't want to sacrifice points on GW34 for points in GW35. Also want a team that's manageable for the remaining weeks of the season. I think a lot of people are forgetting GW34 & the last 3 game weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ryan --- Foster

-- Trent -- Doherty -- Duffy -- Cachart -- Trippier

-- Salah -- Son -- Madison -- KDB -- CHO

--- Kane -- Jimenez -- Deeney

Initial draft. I'm vigilant of life after GW 35 bench boost. Will probably swap Maddison next week for another doubler. I don't want to sacrifice points on GW34 for points in GW35. Also want a team that's manageable for the remaining weeks of the season. I think a lot of people are forgetting GW34 & the last 3 game weeks

I have a suspicion we will see Trent missing a few games before the end of the season - interesting to see if Gomez gets the nod at Left Back tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I have a suspicion we will see Trent missing a few games before the end of the season - interesting to see if Gomez gets the nod at Left Back tonight

Klopp said Gomez needs a couple of weeks training before being considered for some minutes. He said if they were stuck defensively he could play but wants to get more work done first. You may be right though regarding Trents minutes, he was poor V Southampton so will probably look at alternatives

• Advertisement

Klopp said Gomez needs a couple of weeks training before being considered for some minutes. He said if they were stuck defensively he could play but wants to get more work done first. You may be right though regarding Trents minutes, he was poor V Southampton so will probably look at alternatives

I would rather a half fit Gomez than Moreno :eek: suspect it will be Milner and TAA at Full Back but i think the uncertainty about TAAs place until 38 means he might be one to avoid (as much as I love his price).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is the Gomez return being blown a little out of proportion? Surely Liverpool's strongest back 4 is taa-vvd-gomez-robbo if memory serves me right Gomez took taa's place for 1 or max 2 games? Not as if matip or lovren have done enough to cement their place at cb. I think people are making a bigger deal of it than it actually is

Is the Gomez return being blown a little out of proportion? Surely Liverpool's strongest back 4 is taa-vvd-gomez-robbo if memory serves me right Gomez took taa's place for 1 or max 2 games? Not as if matip or lovren have done enough to cement their place at cb. I think people are making a bigger deal of it than it actually is

If I am playing a single game weeker in 35, I want him 100percent nailed. It's the fact he is part of the best team that makes him possibly a bench concern. With any if the players at RB Liverpool should beat Cardiff and Hud

Some nice cheap midfield options, really like Jota but him, Jimi and Doherty seems overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Is a Brighton triple up at the back overkill? Dunk Duffy and Ryan

Looking at

Foster Ryan
    Dunk Duffy Robertson Laporte Valery
    Sterling Son Mane Eriksen Camarassa
    Kane Jiminez Deeney

Given Arsenal’s form, I think Deeney + Eriksen is a better option than Lacazette + Doucore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone have a link to Cartman's spreadsheet ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

We probably are. I was just burned badly on the last double game week so I'm trying to pick players who are guaranteed starters. I think if you have the funds you obviously go with Robertson or VVD, if not then TAA is still worth the small risk at his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »

I’ve passed on the spreadsheet torch this season but there’s an updated version in the original dgw planning thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Rikand wrote: »

Here you go. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

City really haven't looked good offensively the last few games, don't know what to do about them. Maybe just go with Aguero and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Plans out the window with Kane now:
    Ryan Lloris
    Cathcart Doherty Bednarek Dunk Wanb
    Salah Jota Moura Richi Doucoure
    Aguero Rashford Vardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

bantee wrote: »
    Ryan Lloris
    Aguero Rashford Vardy

Careful of Aguero in the team. He's threatening to drop in price. Rashford too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just noticed that Ward-Prowse has got 6 goals in last 11 games..

Any idea how he has managed this? Is there underlying stats to back this form up or is it a lucky streak?

bantee wrote: »
    Ryan Lloris
    Aguero Rashford Vardy

Moura is a really interesting pick, I like it

Ryan Foster
    Laporte Duffy Doherty Valery Robertson
    Sterling Son Mané Pogba Redmond
    Aguero Jiminez Deeney

Few changes post Kane injury

United team tonight might change it again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Just noticed that Ward-Prowse has got 6 goals in last 11 games..

Any idea how he has managed this? Is there underlying stats to back this form up or is it a lucky streak?
    Mainly brilliant free kicks!

Hadnt wanted to tinker with the team at all yet but no kane opens up so many options

A

Lloris Ryan

Valery cathcart dunk jonny taa

Son martial sterling kdb hazard

Firmino rashford deeney

B

Lloris Ryan

Valery Duffy laporte robbo Doherty

Hazard sterling son kdb camarasa

Jiminez rashford deeney

With camarasa being upgraded next week

I'm half tempted by auba again though surely emery learned his lesson now that he can't drop him but trying to second guess will come back to bite me I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hadnt wanted to tinker with the team at all yet but no kane opens up so many options

A

Lloris Ryan

Valery cathcart dunk jonny taa

Son martial sterling kdb hazard

Firmino rashford deeney

B

Lloris Ryan

Valery Duffy laporte robbo Doherty

Hazard sterling son kdb camarasa

Jiminez rashford deeney

With camarasa being upgraded next week

I'm half tempted by auba again though surely emery learned his lesson now that he can't drop him but trying to second guess will come back to bite me I feel

Who you gonna bench out of Lloris and Ryan this weekend?

Who you gonna bench out of Lloris and Ryan this weekend?

Has to be lloris really even with a clean sheet Ryan will have plenty of chances to score better with 2 games. That's my thinking atm not set in stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

With Kane out, I can see many bringing in Aguero. However, looking at my team with Aguero, Sterling and enough cash for Laporte, I don't feel comfortable.

Aguero is only back from injury, subbed early last night and might now have a few '60 minute' games like earlier in the season. Sterling won't play every game, but will definitely play the CL game and Laporte surely can't do it 3 DGWs in a row!

Citys fixtures aren't great either.

Am I mad to go with either Sterling OR Aguero? If its Sterling I'll keep Vardy, and sub him out for Firmino in GW36. If I keep Aguero, Sterling becomes Eriksen/Alli and I use the spare funds to upgrade elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Has anyone playing the WC this week looked at the TC35, BB36 approach?

Looking at it from a pure 'numbers' point of view lets assume people would have 3 SGW players in GW35 - not unrealistic given Liverpool have Cardiff, Chelsea have Burnley and Bournemouth have Fulham.

That means a BB35, TC36 approach gives 42 players over the two weeks (35: 1 x 4 games (DGW captain),11 x 2 games, 3 x 1 game. 36: 1 x 3 games (TC), 10 x 1 game)

A TC35, BB36 approach gives 39 players (35: 1 x 6 games (DGW player TCd), 7 x 2 games and 3 x 1 game. 36: 1 x 2 games (captain), 14 x 1 game). This could be increased by leaving out a SGW player for another DGWer)

Therefore, there is essentially little difference in 'number of players'. In fact how many DGWers will play both games? However, it means:
    - possibility of TC on Aguero, Deeney, Jiminez, Sterling, Son etc in a DGW. Who would be the go to option in GW36?
    - We will all have Brighton defenders. A BB in GW35 gives wol/tot, whereas in 36 they have NEW. It's not unrealistic to think the Newcastle game could garner more points.
    - The City, Spurs, Watford and Wolves fixtures in GW36 aren't bad (imagine an exact repeat of the cup SF!)
    - From a personal point of view my BB would be Ryan, Valery, Duffy and JWP. How may points will they realistically get in GW35? The 3 defensive players could easily concede in both games.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement