Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broker applic versus direct to bank

Options
  • 06-04-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hello
    Any advice here. I have been approved by a bank a few weeks ago for a mortgage but had also contacted a broker. The broker got back to me last week asking for some other documents.
    I'm wondering if I should let the broker do their thing and see if they can get approval elsewhere for a better deal, or if I should tell them forget about it. Maybe it's unfair as they have done a bit of work and wont get paid now. Or should I just let them know I've had approval with one bank and tell them not to include that bank in their searching.
    Maybe I'm being a bit too clever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I attempted both, found the broker a much better experience, and if you find one that gets paid by the banks (on the same commission for each) there's no downside.

Advertisement