Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for outdoor cable

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

15 metres of cable is a lot. Is this running along the side of the house or over grass?
    If so I'd suggest making it a permanent structure. This means taking a fused spur off the socket in the attic and using SWA cable if the cable should be buried, else outdoor cable to protect from sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

alan4cult wrote: »
    15 metres of cable is a lot. Is this running along the side of the house or over grass?
    If so I'd suggest making it a permanent structure. This means taking a fused spur off the socket in the attic and using SWA cable if the cable should be buried, else outdoor cable to protect from sunlight.

15 m was a bit of a guesstimate :), I've sockets at in the attic at the chimney breast, was thinking of plugin it in here and running it down the gable end wall (from gutter hight on bungalow house)of the house to the mower, not going over grass or anything

Advertisement