Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from Julianstown?

Options
  • 07-04-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently looking to move out of Dublin towards Drogheda. I was just wondering if anyone from Julianstown could tell me what it is like to live in? I have head that the traffic is bad at rush hour with people skipping the toll but that is all I can find really!
    In particular I was wondering about the Castlegrove estate, just wondering is it a nice area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

conor2469 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently looking to move out of Dublin towards Drogheda. I was just wondering if anyone from Julianstown could tell me what it is like to live in? I have head that the traffic is bad at rush hour with people skipping the toll but that is all I can find really!
    In particular I was wondering about the Castlegrove estate, just wondering is it a nice area?

Thanks.

Even the Prostitutes are friendly and given there are so many of them here, it makes it a very welcoming community.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

Danzy wrote: »
    Even the Prostitutes are friendly and given there are so many of them here, it makes it a very welcoming community.

I'm loving it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Didn't know Julianstown had prostitutes, whereabouts exactly are they? Asking for a friend :D

On a serious note, I'm not in Julianstown but not too far away. Yes traffic is chaotic at certain times but it's in a decent location and commutable to Dublin with a regular bus service! Lime Kiln is nice for some grub also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Nice village, tiny, no anti social behaviour at all. Lime Kiln restaurant is lovely. Drogheda - Dublin bus routes all go through it. 2 mins from M1 and 20 minutes from airport

However Drogheda has a lot more going on and has the train etc. Castle Grove is a very small estate. Think only 3 estates in whole village. Saw house on daft, it's cheap but there's similar value in Drogheda. Castle grove is the Dublin side of the bottleneck in the village so no traffic woes.

Beach is a 2 minute drive away.

If considering Julianstown I would consider Laytown / Bettystown / Mornington too.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

Thanks guys, very useful feedback, much appreciated.

Yeah Drogheda is also on my radar,as are Bettystown, Laytown, Mornington, Duleek and Donore.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement