Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a good independent pension advisor?

• 07-04-2019 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, I'd really appreciate any recommendations or advice anyone can give.
    I'm working for the public sector but on loan to the private sector, I still receive my pay and benefits from the public sector.

I've recently been told by the public sector they won't be continuing to permit my loan to the private sector and I've a decision to make, to return to the public job or resign and move to the private job (which I love).

My pay would be very good in the private but the pension while good is a private pension and I'd be leaving the public sector pension which is obviously better.

I've met with pension advisors/sales from both sides but each is unable to compare the two as they only sell their own! I also need them to factor in what's been built up and left to work etc. This is a significant decision to make and I don't want to resign a job I like in the private sector for a pension, only to discover I was misinformed or mistaken.

Can anyone recommend a good independent pension advisor or service, free or paid?
    I really appreciate any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Not sure where you are based, but I use: http://financialarchitects.ie/

They are based in Ratoath, Co. Meath but will come into Dublin to meet you.

Found them very easy to deal with and they give me a call every year with a an update on how I'm doing and if I should switch some funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Michael Keys, 0868564520. Will meet you in location convenient to you. Very nice guy - very clear, very helpful. Fully independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stressedms

hi hubba, does he have a website?

Advertisement