Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist, Kildare - Seeks original band / Collaborators

Options
  • 07-04-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm a guitarist, based in Kildare, Kilcock. Looking to form / join an originals band, or just meet some like minded musicians who are interested in writing some original material, recording and perhaps gigging.

My main influences are Thin Lizzy, Queen, Radiohead, The Eagles, Oasis, Pink Floyd, GNR, REM, Pearl Jam, Whitesnake, Fleetwood Mac, Air, AC/DC, Steve Via, Joe Satriani, Hendrix.
    Have an overall general appreciation for 80's music.

If the above resonates with you then please read on (:

Here's a little about me.

Playing guitar for 25 years, which would be my main instrument. I also play some piano / keys.
    Back in 1997 I formed my first originals band, and started my musical journey. Played with lots of different groups from covers to originals, recorded and gigged extensively.

I ran my own recording studio for a few years and still have a small studio space I have kept to record some material. Studio is dramatically downsized but still usable.

I've been out of the music seen for about 10 years, family and raising kids but would like to start playing, writing and recording again

So what I'm looking for is to collaborate with some other musicians. Perhaps you are like myself, been out of the music seen and looking to get back playing, writing and recording. Interested in hearing from existing bands, other guitarists, singers, etc etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Paul D74

Hi Rob,

Not sure if this is your thing, we are starting up an Alt-Country/Roots/Americana Band doing original material, and we need guitarists.
    I'm a drummer and we have Singer & fiddle so far.I grew up on a diet of Irish bands, Indie, grunge & brit pop but started getting into this style of music in the last few year.
    If you think you want to give it a go let me know.We are Dublin based.

Cheers Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Hey Paul.

Might be interested.
    Can you send me some samples? Not really familiar with the style.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 49 G6120

How many guitarists do you need Paul...i was talking to you already about this lol 🀔🙄

Advertisement