If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help choosing 55" TV

Options
  • 07-04-2019 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

No doubt you're sick of answering threads about 55" TV recommendations so here's another.......i'm looking to pull the trigger on a 55" as the 42" we currently have is lost in the size room we have so can defo get away with a bigger. I've a budget of 600 to 800 euro or the equivalent converted from your sterling prices. Main criteria are good picture and good smart features. Sound quality is not important as i was gifted a decent sound bar.

I'm curious about the following:
    LG LGSK8100PLA (currently 779 euro or 679 pounds reduced to 629 with discount code which will only work in sterling? Why so?)
    Samsung UE55NU7021 (599 euro or 479 pounds)
    Samsung UE55NU7400 (695 euro or 499 pounds)

Is the LG worth the premium? How do those Samsung compare and are they able to be delivered to Dublin as the website says it cant be ordered on line. Unless the LG is way better the Samsung for 499 sounds really good if it can be delivered to Dublin but i need your advice.

Please advise on the 3 above or any others you would recommend and can you give me your best return customer boardsie price! Cheers...

Thanks,

Marcus

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

No doubt you're sick of answering threads about 55" TV recommendations so here's another.......i'm looking to pull the trigger on a 55" as the 42" we currently have is lost in the size room we have so can defo get away with a bigger. I've a budget of 600 to 800 euro or the equivalent converted from your sterling prices. Main criteria are good picture and good smart features. Sound quality is not important as i was gifted a decent sound bar.

I'm curious about the following:
    LG LGSK8100PLA (currently 779 euro or 679 pounds reduced to 629 with discount code which will only work in sterling? Why so?)
    Samsung UE55NU7021 (599 euro or 479 pounds)
    Samsung UE55NU7400 (695 euro or 499 pounds)

Is the LG worth the premium? How do those Samsung compare and are they able to be delivered to Dublin as the website says it cant be ordered on line. Unless the LG is way better the Samsung for 499 sounds really good if it can be delivered to Dublin but i need your advice.

Please advise on the 3 above or any others you would recommend and can you give me your best return customer boardsie price! Cheers...

Thanks,

Marcus
    Hi MarcusP12.

Thanks for the post.

Lets start with the 55NU7400. This is an instore only collection and can not be shipped so would rule it out unless you can journey to the Belfast store to collect one.

Out of the two left the LG is much superior in picture quality in my opinion. LG SK8100 have been a popular set and if yow read over some of the Recommend a 49" or a 55" set you will see how many fellow boardies have also purchased this TV.

The discount codes are only on the sterling price on some products as a lot of the time the Euro is already cheaper than the sterling retail.

If you wanted a good deal I could offer the 55SK8500 at the same price as the 55SK8100 @ £629 sterling (Already has web voucher discount included)
    https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55SK8500PLA

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply.....very interested in this....the model which you have offered, i.e. 55SK8500, is that a recent model? What is the main difference to the 8100 and is it significantly better than the Samsung, i.e. worth the premium? Also, I see the TV has dolby atmos which sounds good, no pun intended! I have a sony soundbar which has dolby atmos (virtual I think), is there a way of hooking it up so that it works with the TV sound rather than instead to improve the sound or is it a redundant feature if you if have a soundbar running through the Arc HDMI...... 

What is the delivery time for these?

Last question, how does the 6 year warranty work in practice if something goes wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply.....very interested in this....the model which you have offered, i.e. 55SK8500, is that a recent model? What is the main difference to the 8100 and is it significantly better than the Samsung, i.e. worth the premium? Also, I see the TV has dolby atmos which sounds good, no pun intended! I have a sony soundbar which has dolby atmos (virtual I think), is there a way of hooking it up so that it works with the TV sound rather than instead to improve the sound or is it a redundant feature if you if have a soundbar running through the Arc HDMI...... 

What is the delivery time for these?

Last question, how does the 6 year warranty work in practice if something goes wrong?

Thanks for the help!
    Hi MarcusP12.

The Dolby Atmos in the SK range means the television can process a Dolby Atmos sound track which gives better sound quality through the TV speakers.
    I suppose it would really come down to which sounds better the TV speakers or your current Sony soundbar.
    I would say your soundbar but its the type of thing you can try out once the TV was it in place.

The 8500 uses full array back local dimming which gives a deeper contrast and brighter whites.
    The speaker on the 8500 are also upgrade to 40 Watts plus 20 Watt woofer built in. Giving a superior sound to most other LED televisions.

In my opinion the LG SK range is well worth the extra money.

Our 6 year guarantee is an at home service and should anything go wrong (Excluding accidental damage) give us a call and we will arrange for an engineer to call out to your home to inspect the TV and then if possible repair in at your home or else take it back to the workshop, repair it and return it to you again.
    Terms and conditions for our TV guarantee can be found here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Hope this is of help.

Hi MarcusP12.

The Dolby Atmos in the SK range means the television can process a Dolby Atmos sound track which gives better sound quality through the TV speakers.
    I suppose it would really come down to which sounds better the TV speakers or your current Sony soundbar.
    I would say your soundbar but its the type of thing you can try out once the TV was it in place.

The 8500 uses full array back local dimming which gives a deeper contrast and brighter whites.
    The speaker on the 8500 are also upgrade to 40 Watts plus 20 Watt woofer built in. Giving a superior sound to most other LED televisions.

Our 6 year guarantee is an at home service and should anything go wrong (Excluding accidental damage) give us a call and we will arrange for an engineer to call out to your home to inspect the TV and then if possible repair in at your home or else take it back to the workshop, repair it and return it to you again.

Hope this is of help.

Thanks for the good advice Kenny....I'll discuss either the better half and get back to you....what's the story with going ahead with the LG if we decide to go ahead?

Hi MarcusP12.

Hope this is of help.

Thanks for the good advice Kenny....I'll discuss either the better half and get back to you....what's the story with going ahead with the LG if we decide to go ahead?
    No problem MarcusP12.

If you want to go ahead with the LG 8500 then just drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call for some details.

• Advertisement

PM sent.....

PM sent.....
    Cheers MarcusP12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidhand365

Hi Kenny, would it possible to pay for the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]55SK8500 in Euro?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David [/font]

Hi Kenny, would it possible to pay for the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]55SK8500 in Euro?[/font]

Hi Davidhand365.

The 55SK8500 in Euro would be the same as the 8100 priced at 779 Euro. It is meant to be 949 Euro but I can still offer it at the same price as the 55SK8100 of £679 or 779 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Unfortunately as the discount voucher against this TV has now finished and no longer works on either of our websites, because of this I can not offer the same deal on the sterling price as I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bryanodowd

Ah that's unfortunate as I was about to piggy back off this and go for the 8500, thought it said until today but ah well will keep eye out again!

• Advertisement

bryanodowd wrote: »
    Ah that's unfortunate as I was about to piggy back off this and go for the 8500, thought it said until today but ah well will keep eye out again!

Hi Bryanodowd and Davidhand365.

As the RSTV50 has finished, I have been informed that there is now a (TV30) code that is live on the 55SK8100 that would drop the TV down to £649+ the usual £6.99 shipping which I can offer on the 55SK8500 also.

Again this voucher is ONLY on the sterling price and not the Euro.
    To avail of the code you MUST pay in sterling.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.